Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    This team isn't going anywhere! Their 5th best reliever hasn't thrown over 20 innings since 2017. How do you expect to compete with that!?!?
    Don't forget, their 9th hitter didn't hit many hrs last year.

Ignorance is bliss

According to sportstrac were at 204.3 m giving us about 5.7 m left to use at the deadline

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    According to sportstrac were at 204.3 m giving us about 5.7 m left to use at the deadline
    When is the trade deadline this year? If its at the midway point, that would mean we could pick up one $11.4 mill(2x 5.7mill) contract for half a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    5th best reliever ? I thought oday was supposed to replace ottavino or khanle . And both before last season were the Yankees 3rd and 4th best reliever . As of right now at worst oday is their 4th best reliever behind , Chapman, Britton and Wilson .

LOL!! That one flew right by you.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    When is the trade deadline this year? If its at the midway point, that would mean we could pick up one $11.4 mill(2x 5.7mill) contract for half a season.
    The Yankees will use the return of sevy as an excuse to not make a trade at the deadline . You know the old “ improving from within “ quote from cashman and all . That being said it wouldn’t surprise me if cashman trades for Paxton or gray again , I believe he would be dumb enough to do that

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Luke Voit on Domingo Germán: "We have his back but he's skating on thin ice and needs to get his life together."

Oh

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

7. 02-24-2021, 07:36 PM
    Reason
    Trolling/ trying to restart an argument

player A 32yrs old) 78w-46L 174g 1054in ERA 3.74 7 seasons Career WAR 17.5
    player B 30 yrs old) 75w-64L 205G 1190 in ERA 3.90 8 seasons Career WAR 17.5
    Any guesses, 1 was a Yankee last yr

32 year old is Tanaka not sure who the 30 year old is , but I believe it’s Bauer but he has been in the majors for 9 years.
    Last edited by Posada20; 02-24-2021 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Luke Voit on Domingo Germán: "We have his back but he's skating on thin ice and needs to get his life together."

Oh

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Oof....didn't see this before I posted it in another thread.

I really didn't think it was fair to call 4 appearances a whole season but your right A is Tanaka
    B is Bauer.
    Looking at the numbers Bauer certainly doesn't profile as an Ace or a guy who's worth 42.5 m aav the next couple yrs.

I realize Tanaka best days are behind him and he posted a 3.54 era last yr but he to this point he's clearly been better than Bauer. I can also understand 1yr 18m of 15m for th Yanks was his minimum.

If Bauer is worth 2yrs 85 m eccentaly, u San easly see why Tanaka went back to Japan he got zero respect

I really didn't think it was fair to call 4 appearances a whole season but your right A is Tanaka
    B is Bauer.
    Looking at the numbers Bauer certainly doesn't profile as an Ace or a guy who's worth 42.5 m aav the next couple yrs.

I realize Tanaka best days are behind him and he posted a 3.54 era last yr but he to this point he's clearly been better than Bauer. I can also understand 1yr 18m of 15m for th Yanks was his minimum.

If Bauer is worth 2yrs 85 m eccentaly, u San easly see why Tanaka went back to Japan he got zero respect
    I have to agree that Bauer is way overpaid and Tanaka was disrespected . I would have picked tanaka up rather than trade for tailon ansd picking up both oday and Gardner. Or at the very least traded for Castillo and picked up Tanaka rather than sign kluber and trade for tailon and then let Gardner go
    Last edited by Posada20; 02-25-2021 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I have to agree that Bauer is way overpaid and Tanaka was disrespected . I would have picked tanaka up rather than trade for tailon ansd picking up both oday and Gardner. Or at the very least traded for Castillo and picked up Tanaka rather than sign kluber and picked up tailon and then let Gardner go
    I Just don't see anything in his career numbers that suggest , now over 30, that Bauer will put up back to back monster Cy Young type yrs back to back like the Dodgers are paying him for . He'ss going form the worse division to the best and he's going to out up CY Young numbers??? glad he's someone elses problem for that much

I Just don't see anything in his career numbers that suggest , now over 30, that Bauer will put up back to back monster Cy Young type yrs back to back like the Dodgers are paying him for . He'ss going form the worse division to the best and he's going to out up CY Young numbers??? glad he's someone elses problem for that much
    That’s the thing , he is going to be behind walker buehler and kershaw in the rotation so I don’t think they picked him up to be a cy young candidate . They picked him up as a knee jerk reaction to what the Padres did with their rotation . And I do think the nl East could be the best division in baseball . They have atleast 3 teams that will most likely win more than 82 games . Nl west just has the dodgers and Padres and Bauer is on the dodgers

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I am so glad he's someone else's problem. I agree. I think he's peaked. I think he will be a very good pitcher for a few years and then start to slide. I honestly think he may slide sooner because he's in the limelight now and I don't know if he will handle the pressure he's created for himself.
    I will admittedly laugh like all hell if he posts a 4+ era and 1.7 WHIP

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I am so glad he's someone else's problem. I agree. I think he's peaked. I think he will be a very good pitcher for a few years and then start to slide. I honestly think he may slide sooner because he's in the limelight now and I don't know if he will handle the pressure he's created for himself.
    I will admittedly laugh like all hell if he posts a 4+ era and 1.7 WHIP
    Will you still be laughing so hard if the Yankees rotation after cole puts up those same numbers or numbers very similar to them ? Because there is a better chance of that happening than Bauer being a bust for the dodgers this season
    Last edited by Posada20; 02-25-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast