Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    The incident happened in Florida so there goes your new york theory.

Didn't realize the Yankees only played in NY.

Any decent father would do what it takes to protect his child.

Guess you haven't seen the absolutely ridiculous increase in people attacking Asian people here. Across the country, and yes, even in NY.

This is, and not shocked that it's coming from you, one of the worst takes I've ever seen on this forum. You're a ****** person.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I don't blame him at all for going home. If i was living in another country and my kid was involved in a racial conflict i'd want to go home also, especially with Covid going on.

I don't blame the Yanks either for opting to go with Kluber and Taillon for less money than Tanaka alone would have cost. I think both of them have a chance to be better than Tanaka this yr and we really needed to go a different way in the rotation compared to what we did last yr.

It is a huge risk going with so many guys who haven't pitched much in a couple yrs but talent wise they clearly upgraded the rotation IMO. If they can stay healthy then i think they will out perform expectations and be one of the most dominant parts of our roster.
    You forget that tailon is replacing Paxton . They got kluber and tailon to replace both Tanaka and Paxton . German is replacing sevy right now . It is when sevy returns that we will see if they upgraded the rotation from last year . I donít think itís any better but sevy could change that . I also donít think itís worse either though .

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Give me a break. New York is a melting pot. He left because Hal didnít show him the money.
    well in the ny news i have watched on tv a few asian people being interviewed about anti asian hate crimes and they all reply this is nothing new in nyc this been going on for a while..

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    You forget that tailon is replacing Paxton . They got kluber and tailon to replace both Tanaka and Paxton . German is replacing sevy right now . It is when sevy returns that we will see if they upgraded the rotation from last year . I donít think itís any better but sevy could change that . I also donít think itís worse either though .
    Paxton pitched 20 innings last year with a 6.0 era and did not pitch in the playoffs. I would bet anything Taillon has a better year than that in 2021. That is an upgrade. JA Happ got shelled in the playoffs by the Ray's and essentially lost us a game. Again, nowhere to go up from there (though his regular season stats were pretty good). Tanaka was decent but blew it in the playoffs in both the wildcard and the alds. As far as playoff performance, nowhere to go but up.

I am confident that the combination of Kluber, Taillon, German, and Severino will perform much better than the trio of Happ, Tanaka, and Paxton did in 2020. Again, they have nowhere to go but up, especially when it comes to the playoffs.

I was talking about money wise Tanaka was asking for a minimum of 15m from the Yanks, they got Kluber for 11m and Taillon for 2.4 which is less combined than Tanaka.

Paxton only pitched a handful of games last yr so there isn't much to replace there at all and German is basically replacing Happs spot. Cole, Kluber, Taillon, German and Monty/Garcia with Sevy coming back is a much, much more talented rotation than the Cole, Tanaka, Happ, Monty and King/Garcia that we ran out last yr.

Kluber/ Tanaka is probably going to be pretty similar this yr if there was a way to compare, though Kluber obviously has a chance to be better

Taillon and German are absolutely an upgrade over Happ and King.

If Sevy comes back anywhere close to normal, initial reports sound very optimistic, he'll be the equivalent of trading for a TORP. If we get above average or better seasons from 2 of German, Sevy, Kluber and Taillon we'll have a very good rotation. If 3 of them perform at a high level it could be the best rotation in baseball

Were deeper and more talented than last yr and its not really close IMO. If they can stay healthy this rotation has a chance to be very, very good. Probably the best rotation they have had in the last 12+ yrs

I was talking about money wise Tanaka was asking for a minimum of 15m from the Yanks, they got Kluber for 11m and Taillon for 2.4 which is less combined than Tanaka.

Paxton only pitched a handful of games last yr so there isn't much to replace there at all and German is basically replacing Happs spot. Cole, Kluber, Taillon, German and Monty/Garcia with Sevy coming back is a much, much more talented rotation than the Cole, Tanaka, Happ, Monty and King/Garcia that we ran out last yr.

Kluber/ Tanaka is probably going to be pretty similar this yr if there was a way to compare, though Kluber obviously has a chance to be better

Taillon and German are absolutely an upgrade over Happ and King.

If Sevy comes back anywhere close to normal, initial reports sound very optimistic, he'll be the equivalent of trading for a TORP. If we get above average or better seasons from 2 of German, Sevy, Kluber and Taillon we'll have a very good rotation. If 3 of them perform at a high level it could be the best rotation in baseball

Were deeper and more talented than last yr and its not really close IMO. If they can stay healthy this rotation has a chance to be very, very good. Probably the best rotation they have had in the last 12+ yrs
    I donít see how the rotation that is behind cole now is that much more talented than what they had a year ago at this time . I mean we are depending on 4 guys who havenít pitched in 2 years and have had 3 tommy John surgeries in between them . That is just too much unknown to say without a doubt how talented the rotation is . And you can have a 7 man rotation but if 6 of those guys struggle to make it through 5 plus innings , that is just not better than the 4 years from a year ago
    Last edited by Posada20; 03-28-2021 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Paxton pitched 20 innings last year with a 6.0 era and did not pitch in the playoffs. I would bet anything Taillon has a better year than that in 2021. That is an upgrade. JA Happ got shelled in the playoffs by the Ray's and essentially lost us a game. Again, nowhere to go up from there (though his regular season stats were pretty good). Tanaka was decent but blew it in the playoffs in both the wildcard and the alds. As far as playoff performance, nowhere to go but up.

I am confident that the combination of Kluber, Taillon, German, and Severino will perform much better than the trio of Happ, Tanaka, and Paxton did in 2020. Again, they have nowhere to go but up, especially when it comes to the playoffs.
    Anyone will do better than happ but Paxton was solid in 2019 and in fact was better than German , his era was below 4 and he pitched more innings

I donít see how the rotation that is behind cole now is that much more talented than what they had a year ago at this time . I mean we are depending on 4 guys who havenít pitched in 2 years and have had 3 tommy John surgeries in between them . That is just too much unknown to say without a doubt how talented the rotation is . And you can have a 7 man rotation but if 6 of those guys struggle to make it through 5 plus innings , that is just not better than the 4 years from a year ago
    Your confusing talent for results. Talent doesn't guarantee results by any means although it's a strong indicator of what they are likely capable of. Kluber, Taillon, German and Sevy are absolutely more " talented" as a group than Tanaka, Happ and Paxton and its not close either.

Other factor such as age or injury can play a part in their performance. Its to early to tell what they are going to be based on their performance so far, I agree with that. In no way am i guaranteeing that performance wise this is going to be the best rotation they've had in recent memory. IMO, though if they stay healthy based on talent and past performance as indicators this rotation will likely be one of the best in baseball

What i am trying to say is based on talent and previous body of work this yrs rotation, if they stay healthy, huge if they get anything close how those those 4 have pitched in the past the rotation will be elite. The Yanks absolutely loaded up that rotation with talent, how many rotations number 5 guy that was an 18 game winner? The Yanks bet on talent and are hoping that they stay healthy.
    Last edited by dayners81; 03-28-2021 at 09:37 PM.

Your confusing talent for results. Talent doesn't guarantee results by any means although it's a strong indicator of what they are likely capable of. Kluber, Taillon, German and Sevy are absolutely more " talented" as a group than Tanaka, Happ and Paxton and its not close either.

Other factor such as age or injury can play a part in their performance. Its to early to tell what they are going to be based on their performance so far, I agree with that. In no way am i guaranteeing that performance with this is going to be the best rotation they've had in recent memory.

What i am trying to say is based on talent and previous body of work this yrs rotation, if they stay healthy, huge if they get anything close how those those 4 have pitched in the past the rotation will be elite. The Yanks absolutely loaded up that rotation with talent, how many rotations number 5 guy that was an 18 game winner? The Yanks bet on talent and are hoping that they stay healthy.
    Wins for a pitcher means very little or did you forget that we had a cy young winner a few years ago that won less than 15 games ? Bottom line Paxton out performed German in 2019 and won game 5 of the 2019 alcs .
    Last edited by Posada20; 03-28-2021 at 09:51 PM.

Wins for a pitcher means very little or did you forget that we had a cy young winner a few years ago that won less than 15 games ? Bottom line Paxton out performed German in 2019 and won game 5 of the 2019 alcs .
    the veteran we brought in to be our number #2 out performed the kid who hadn't even played a full MLB season, Shocking . I would hope that the guy the brought in to be our 2nd Ace, as Paxton was hoped to be, outperformed German who never would have been in the rotation without an injury.
    Last edited by dayners81; 03-28-2021 at 10:26 PM.

Anyone will do better than happ but Paxton was solid in 2019 and in fact was better than German , his era was below 4 and he pitched more innings
    He was terrible in 2020. I am comparing this year's rotation to last year's, not 2019.

He was terrible in 2020. I am comparing this year's rotation to last year's, not 2019.
    And I am comparing German and Paxton head to head in 2019 since that was the only year German was a starter . Itís only fair to compare them for that year since itís the only season German has pitched as a starter. I mean how can you compare 2020 Paxton to 2019 German and ignore what Paxton did in 2019 ?
    Last edited by Posada20; 03-28-2021 at 11:07 PM.

And I am comparing German and Paxton head to head in 2019 since that was the only year German was a starter . Itís only fair to compare them for that year since itís the only season German has pitched as a starter. I mean how can you compare 2020 Paxton to 2019 German and ignore what Paxton did in 2019 ?
    what does comparing German vs Paxton in 2019 have to do with the 21 rotation being better or more talented with the 2020 rotation??

what does comparing German vs Paxton in 2019 have to do with the 21 rotation being better or more talented with the 2020 rotation??
    That's exactly what I'm saying. We are deciding if the rotation got better this offseason than it was in 2020. 2019 is not a consideration in that discussion. If we want to talk about whether or not this rotation is better than 2019's rotation, that is a separate discussion.

Paxton was better than German in 2019. Great, what's your point? I doubt you would say that as a result of Paxtons 2019 performance you'd rather sign him for 2021 than have German in the rotation. If you would I'd be interested to hear your justification.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    That's exactly what I'm saying. We are deciding if the rotation got better this offseason than it was in 2020. 2019 is not a consideration in that discussion. If we want to talk about whether or not this rotation is better than 2019's rotation, that is a separate discussion.

Paxton was better than German in 2019. Great, what's your point? I doubt you would say that as a result of Paxtons 2019 performance you'd rather sign him for 2021 than have German in the rotation. If you would I'd be interested to hear your justification.
    Phoba, come on. It's a widely known fact that the vast majority of people have said and know that Paxton would be better in the rotation. I just proved it by citing that fact.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast