Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Lost in all this is Schmidt moving to the 60 day dl . He wonít be available until sometime may . And people were so worried about garcia being durable
    Schmidt to the 60IL probably has more to do with needing 40 man roster spots for both Talkman and Bruce than anything else. That 60 day IL should be retro active to whenever he got hurt so he won't necessarily be out till May.

Also he probably need 4 weeks plus to get built up again and with the MILB season starting late, Schmidt isn't going to miss a ton of time. As far as his durability, we drafted him after he had already had his TJS knowing we were going to have to rehab him so the Yanks drafted him knowing about that injury. Im really not to worried about him staying healthy long term. Pitchers get hurt, its just part of the game now. Thats why its so important, especially this season to have pitching depth

Florial is quietly having a impressive spring on both sides of the ball. He's hitting .333 and has played excellent defense at multiple OF positions this spring.

If he has refined his pitch recognition, he'll be a huge asset for us this yr and going forward. He's got all the tool, lets hope he's started to figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Just hope this doesn't mean Ford makes the roster.
    Looks like Ford is really pissed the Yanks elected to keep Bruce as the lefty 1B when Voit went down. Ford 4 for 4 with his first dinger of ST; probably to little, too late. Should have awakened his bat 3 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Looks like Ford is really pissed the Yanks elected to keep Bruce as the lefty 1B when Voit went down. Ford 4 for 4 with his first dinger of ST; probably to little, too late. Should have awakened his bat 3 days ago.
    albeit in only 74 at bats last year ford hit 174.. i would certainly give bruce the starting job over ford..

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    To little, to late. I think they probably would have gone with Gittens over Ford

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    To little, to late. I think they probably would have gone with Gittens over Ford
    Like.I said, probably too little, too late.
    Bruce started hot, cooled way off. Ford started ice cold.
    Bruce now 6-31,.194, 2HRs, 3RBIs
    Ford now 7-27, .259, 1 HR, 3 RBIs.
    Don't know.how they compare defensively at first base.
    Didn't check Gittens' stats before posting this, but.should have.
    P.S. Gittens now 6-19,.316,3 HRs, 7 RBIs
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 03-27-2021 at 05:18 PM.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    If I were a betting man I'd say this is when he messed up his knee.

https://t.co/bWS4qOMKUD

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

doing a little research i did not realize how poor a hitter bruce has been the last few years. but he does still hit home runs so it will have to suffice..until voit comes back..

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    If I were a betting man I'd say this is when he messed up his knee.

https://t.co/bWS4qOMKUD

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Voit thinks he's a track star on the bases, when he's actually one of the slower guys i've seen. Its hilarious to watch

Schmidt to the 60IL probably has more to do with needing 40 man roster spots for both Talkman and Bruce than anything else. That 60 day IL should be retro active to whenever he got hurt so he won't necessarily be out till May.

Also he probably need 4 weeks plus to get built up again and with the MILB season starting late, Schmidt isn't going to miss a ton of time. As far as his durability, we drafted him after he had already had his TJS knowing we were going to have to rehab him so the Yanks drafted him knowing about that injury. Im really not to worried about him staying healthy long term. Pitchers get hurt, its just part of the game now. Thats why its so important, especially this season to have pitching depth
    Schmidt was hurt a little over a month ago , itís April in 4 days so the earliest he can come back is in may , and he was originally shut down for just 3 to 4 weeks for a strained elbow , now about 5 weeks later he is put on the 60 day dl . I think there may be more to his elbow than just the strain he had a month ago . And I donít think it was the smartest thing to use a draft pick on a guy who just came back from TJ surgery , I donít care how good he was before .

And voit going on the dL until sometime in may clears up the roster spot for Bruce . Tauchman already had his roster spot . It was Bruce who didnít until voit got hurt
    Last edited by Posada20; 03-27-2021 at 05:16 PM.

Florial is quietly having a impressive spring on both sides of the ball. He's hitting .333 and has played excellent defense at multiple OF positions this spring.

If he has refined his pitch recognition, he'll be a huge asset for us this yr and going forward. He's got all the tool, lets hope he's started to figure it out
    If he figures it all out before the deadline then I would have no problem trading tauchman . I was high on florial 3 or 4 years ago when I saw him play in st .

Not really fair for Ford, but it's hard to make a case for yourself when you bat .135 last year. That's just how it is.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 03-27-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Not really fair for Ford, but it's hard to make a case for yourself when you bat .135. That's just how it is.
    I have to agree with that , just surprised they went with wade over Dietrich . Not that I wanted Dietrich though

It will be interesting to see which direction they go when Voit comes back. By then things could work themselves out again with another injury etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    It will be interesting to see which direction they go when Voit comes back. By then things could work themselves out again with another injury etc.
    It will be interesting to see what they do. I'm actually kinda surprised they decided to pick up Bruces 1.5m option, that puts them around 207m total. That really doesn't leave them much room $ wise to upgrade at the deadline

Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast