Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/03/g...s-shining.html
    Great article about Wells and how much he is impressing coaches/ scouts at camp. We always knew the kid could hit but the praise about the defense was surprising. Tanner Swanson our catching coordinator, said he's been the Gold standard work ethic wise and has a very high defensive ceiling as a C.

Lets hope both the bat but especially the defense continues to get better and hopefully he can be ready by the time we've made a long term decision about Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Great article about Wells and how much he is impressing coaches/ scouts at camp. We always knew the kid could hit but the praise about the defense was surprising. Tanner Swanson our catching coordinator, said he's been the Gold standard work ethic wise and has a very high defensive ceiling as a C.

Lets hope both the bat but especially the defense continues to get better and hopefully he can be ready by the time we've made a long term decision about Sanchez
    So much to be optimistic about this year. As the year gets closer I am more and more excited with Kluber and Taillon showing that they are close to their pre injury levels.

I'd say DJ developed a ton after 30. He wasn't nearly the player when he 1st got here than he is now

For now I'm just hoping Sanchez continues to be as driven as he's looked so far and has another AS/SS season, which he is very capable of. I'd also like to see him play 130 games plus.

If he has a big yr, let's worry about what to do with him then.

I'm just hopeful for a healthy season that he concentrates on proving his true talent level
    Not totally disagreeing with you or anything but dj was an all star twice with the Rockies and won a batting title with them too . Plus he won defensive player of the year three times with the Rockies . And he won 3 gold gloves with the Rockies . So how much did he really develop with the Yankees ? The way I see it he was always the great player we saw last season and in 2019 . He just continued what he did with the Rockies with the Yankees too. Then there is the fact that catching takes a much bigger toll on the body than playing 2b does
    Last edited by Posada20; 03-08-2021 at 01:19 PM.

DJ had one season in Colorado where he exceeded even an average wRC+. Just one out of six full seasons. He got SIGNIFICANTLY better in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    DJ had one season in Colorado where he exceeded even an average wRC+. Just one out of six full seasons. He got SIGNIFICANTLY better in NY.
    He only played one full season in ny , who is to say he wouldnít have done that well in Colorado ? I am not saying he didnít develop at all in ny just not very much . Heck yankee stadium is a hitter friendly ball park and he has a better lineup surrounding him too

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    He only played one full season in ny , who is to say he wouldnít have done that well in Colorado ? I am not saying he didnít develop at all in ny just not very much . Heck yankee stadium is a hitter friendly ball park and he has a better lineup surrounding him too
    He developed significantly and the stats clearly show as much. Try admitting you're wrong just once.

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/dj...ts?position=2B

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

I think Wells can become Sanchez's biggest motivation. I hope Gary has a crazy season and Wells makes it to a high level (AA or even AAA). That puts the yankees in a great position.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    He developed significantly and the stats clearly show as much. Try admitting you're wrong just once.

It's more likely that you and I grow second dicks out of our foreheads.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post

How am I wrong when he only played one full season in ny and was already an all star and batting champion before he came to the Yankees ? I never said he didnít improve at all with the Yankees just that he didnít improve significantly . I mean his best year war wise before he came to ny was 2016 with a 4.4 war , 2019 it was 5.3 , yes an improvement but not significantly .
    I never denied that he improved with the Yankees. , I only questioned how much he did improve when he was already a multiple all star , glove glove winner and a batting champ before he came to the Yankees .

Are we playing the hypothetical game? Who is to say that Gary Sanchez wouldn't have been the MVP if he was playing for another team last year? Guess we will never know. Only thing we can go off of is all the evidence that points significantly to the contrary that he wouldn't have been MVP somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Are we playing the hypothetical game? Who is to say that Gary Sanchez wouldn't have been the MVP if he was playing for another team last year? Guess we will never know. Only thing we can go off of is all the evidence that points significantly to the contrary that he wouldn't have been MVP somewhere else.
    Yeah and the evidence here shows dj was an all star , batting champ and gold glove winner before he came to the Yankees and so far he has been a batting champ and an all star since he came to the Yankees so how is that really a significant improvement when he is basically achieving the same as he did with Colorado ?

Yeah and the evidence here shows dj was an all star , batting champ and gold glove winner before he came to the Yankees and so far he has been a batting champ and an all star since he came to the Yankees so how is that really a significant improvement when he is basically achieving the same as he did with Colorado ?
    I guess every all star is equal in your mind.

This is an interesting excerpt from an article today on revenue sharing. MLB is thinking about loaning the large market teams half the money to pay their revenue sharing bills. What i find fascinating is that three teams have higher revenue sharing bills than the Yankees. Perhaps, as Brian Cashman stated, they lost more money than any team in baseball.

"Exact numbers involved in revenue-sharing arenít made public, and the total teams pay or receive can differ significantly from year to year. But for 2019, Drellich reports that the Dodgers (roughly $90M), Red Sox (slightly less than Los Angeles), Cubs (roughly $70M) and Yankees (over $60M) were the teams who had the highest revenue-sharing bills. On the other end, the Marlins received around $70M in 2019, and the Rays received somewhere in the $50M-$60M range each year from 2017-19."

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It's more likely that you and I grow second dicks out of our foreheads.
    I'm offended.

Page 24 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast