Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    New York Yankees
    Erik Boland@eboland11

Yankees say Aaron Boone is expected to be released today from the hospital
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

NY Yankees Throwbacks@yankeethrowback
    ·
    3m
    Using 2021 Marcel projections (found on @baseball_ref), this is the most optimal Yankee lineup. They'd average 5.518 runs per game.

DJ LeMahieu
    Aaron Judge
    Clint Frazier
    Luke Voit
    Gleyber Torres
    Gio Urshela
    Giancarlo Stanton
    Gary Sanchez
    Aaron Hicks
    Last edited by drt1010; 03-04-2021 at 04:30 PM.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Well Woji-whatever and Abreu looked like total crap
    Woj nibbles amd Abreu lives in the fat part of the zone because he has no command
    Hopefully Fangraphs is right that Abreau has an option left like Doc found yesterday. The stuff is wicked but he needs sometime in AAA working out of the pen. If he could get used to a 1-3 inning type role and just work on throwing his FB/CB combo maybe he can learn to control those 2 pitches better.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Hopefully Fangraphs is right that Abreau has an option left like Doc found yesterday. The stuff is wicked but he needs sometime in AAA working out of the pen. If he could get used to a 1-3 inning type role and just work on throwing his FB/CB combo maybe he can learn to control those 2 pitches better.
    Maybe he can be our next Dellin. Just focus on a fastball and one off speed and just become an elite reliever. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Maybe he can be our next Dellin. Just focus on a fastball and one off speed and just become an elite reliever. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    exactly what i'm hoping for. He definitely has that elite FB/CB combo like Dellin did, maybe even a little better FB when he is commanding it well.

Based on his first 2 outings he definitely doesn't look like he's going to be ready to contribute by the start of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    I actually agreed with Posada statement in this case, probably for the first time.
    Which statement do you agree with me on ?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I don't know if you saw the game today but if not, I hope you can find the inning when he pitched. My biggest concern was the batter after the HR. He threw a couple pitches like he'd given up. He looked like a little kid just chucking it up there. He got it back together a bit but he lost his cool.

Also, his curve looked like crap.

I agree with you and Ohso, he needs to just work on two pitches and become a great reliever.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    New York Yankees
    Erik Boland@eboland11

Yankees say Aaron Boone is expected to be released today from his contract
    Wooohooo!!!

(I will take the punishment for this if need be.)

Hahahahahah

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Which statement do you agree with me on ?
    The one where you said you'd prefer to have Tauchman over Florial as 4th/5th outfielder.

The one where you said you'd prefer to have Tauchman over Florial as 4th/5th outfielder.
    Oh ok . Who do you think should Dietrich should replace ?

Boone made it sound like they were going to go with a 4 person bench.. Gardy, Wade and Higgy seem like locks for the bench. Dietrich can play every position but SS and C so I would say his versatility gives him a big advantage over Talkman and Andujar

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Oh ok . Who do you think should Dietrich should replace ?
    No one, at least not unless yanks go wuth a 5-man bench which they won't do wirhout MLB increasing rosters to 27 ( which it won't do.)

No one, at least not unless yanks go wuth a 5-man bench which they won't do wirhout MLB increasing rosters to 27 ( which it won't do.)
    So who do you think should be the 4 man bench for the Yankees ?

I would put it tauchman over wade but at the same time I could see why they would choose wade . My question is. , how well can Dietrich and wade play in cf ?
    Last edited by Posada20; 03-05-2021 at 12:46 AM.

I wouldn't say Dietrich can play every position as he has never played CF and has under 2 innings in RF. He also doesn't offer much value when he is mediocre or downright bad at every position defensively. I'd rather see Estrada or someone like that get a chance over him.

Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast