Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Your going to have to explain this one to me. How is Tauchman now this proven, great commodity when he's 30, has played part of 4 MLB seasons and only had a positive WAR once and went right back to having a negative last yr. How is Tauchman some important piece we so desperately need to keep a hold of when he's easily replaceable, yet a guy like German who goes 18-4 with a 4.03 ERA is trash and we should cut him even though we desperately need pitchers that can throw multiple innings in multiple different roles like him? Why is Talkman so important to hold onto when he's clearly replaceable on the roster, isn't a key piece to the lineup and we could get something of descent value in return

As far as Florial vs Talkman., Florial actually had the better WAR vs Talkman in 2020. Through out his career Talkman has been a glove first 4th OFer with some speed and a descent arm. Florial who is 7yrs younger and may have a future with this team, can provide better defense, a better arm, with more speed and a much higher offensive ceiling than Tauchman already.

I'm not advocating trading him tomorrow but if Florial has a descent ST or they decide to go with someone who is more versatile than Talkman and they could get something of value like Cashman has stated it makes all the sense in the world to extract that value while they still can.
    Personally, I go with Florial if he has a solid spring. My only concern with him is getting him reps. Talkman is used to that role. Florial is used to playing every day. If they explain his role and expectations clearly so he doesn't press, I would much rather see him on the team.

Ignorance is bliss

New York Yankees
    Bryan Hoch@BryanHoch
    ·
    19h
    Jordan Montgomery said that he has been getting texts from Andy Pettitte and CC Sabathia. Pettitte's message? "Your fastball is better than mine, so you've just got to throw it in there for strikes."
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    New York Yankees
    Bryan Hoch@BryanHoch
    ·
    19h
    Jordan Montgomery said that he has been getting texts from Andy Pettitte and CC Sabathia. Pettitte's message? "Your fastball is better than mine, so you've just got to throw it in there for strikes."
    I'm surprised Andy hasn't yet been offered a coaching gig. I think he'd be great.

That's a really cool compliment from him for the young pitcher. (And great advice)

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    It was sarcasm.

Yes we do.

I want complete game shut outs.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Good luck with that.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I agree. I was surprised when I saw that happen in yesterday's game. The Yankees had the bases loaded with two outs and then everyone left the field.

Actually that didn't happen. I had thought it did as well, but turned out it was just a pitching change.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yes it would be a mistake to trade tauchman because he is just as or more proven than florial is . I mean I would trade florial and andujar before tauchman . And how high can florial’s ceiling be ? I mean the guy is 23 years old and has never made it to AA ball . If he isn’t even ready for AA ball what makes you think he could possibly be ready for the majors or any better than tauchman ? How secure are you with florial as thier 5th outfielder ? Because with tauchman gone the depth would be Gardner , and either Bruce or florial . That’s not good at all imo

And despite not having made it to AA ball, he has played in a major league game and even has a hit.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

If they could get lets say a teams top 10 spec and 2M in IFA money or something like that do u really think that would be a mistake to trade Talkman? Would you still think it would be a mistake if Talkman plus could bring back a high level spec or reliever? Until we have an idea what they would be trying to trade him for we have no clue or not if its a "mistake" or not. Seriously though how big of a mistake could it possibly be to trade a 30 yr old 4th/5th OFer ? He was bad last yr and Florial can do everything he can do defensively and if he can continue to improve his pitch recognition his ceiling is much higher.
    I make that trade immediately. If this team is relying on Tauchman or Florial in significant roles, we have bigger issues. If everything goes to **** and our 5th outfielder has to play 60ish games, I’d expect the yanks to make another trade for a more proven vet, like the did with mccutchen a few years ago.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Good luck with that.
    I've never met someone who can't grasp the concept of sarcasm.

Which has been around since the dawn of time.

You might be a first.

Either that or you're just a stubborn old man who doesn't like to joke around.

Maybe both.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

I'm sure your right, i just remember seeing somewhere that said he had 1 more. I agree he's done as a starter, he just needs to show enough that he deserves to make the team. It would just suck to lose an arm like that for nothing
    Day, you may be correct. I did more digging after this conversation. According to FanGraphs Roster Resource page it shows 1 more option year remaining for Abreu. I'm confused. I trust FanGraphs, but most other sites had him out of options.

It seems because the 2020 season was less than 90 days long, doesn't fall within the rules to qualify as a "full season", so they determined that an option year can't be exhausted under those circumstances.

https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-res...charts/yankees
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

New York Yankees
    @Yankees
    · 3m
    The New York Yankees today announced that Manager Aaron Boone is taking an immediate medical leave of absence to receive a pacemaker. Surgery is expected to be performed later today at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Tampa.

New York Yankees
    @Yankees
    · 3m
    The New York Yankees today announced that Manager Aaron Boone is taking an immediate medical leave of absence to receive a pacemaker. Surgery is expected to be performed later today at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Tampa.
    Good Luck Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Personally, I go with Florial if he has a solid spring. My only concern with him is getting him reps. Talkman is used to that role. Florial is used to playing every day. If they explain his role and expectations clearly so he doesn't press, I would much rather see him on the team.
    Notice who won't respond when you ask him to explain his position... Like how Tauchman can be so, so valuable when we have multiple guys on the roster that could do that job VS why German is trash and should be cut immediately even though were really going to need him? Trolls doing troll things

I agree if Florial has a solid spring i go with him, especially if we could get something of value back for Talkman.

I have a feeling that the Yanks probably no longer view Florial as the likely/ hopeful CFer of the future. The kid is still elite with his speed, arm and defense that he can play at all 3 OF positions. Why not put the kid on the roster and hope he's a late bloomer like Hicks was

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I'm surprised Andy hasn't yet been offered a coaching gig. I think he'd be great.

That's a really cool compliment from him for the young pitcher. (And great advice)
    I'm sure the Yanks offered him an advisors job but do you really see Pettite as the type to be away from for 6 months of the yr? I wish he would take our pitching coach job and let Blake focus on development

Barring a miracle within the next year , I don’t think florial will likely be much more than a career bench player . Hicks might be a late bloomer but he was in the majors full time at 21 , florial is 23 and has had only 3 at bats in the majors .

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    I make that trade immediately. If this team is relying on Tauchman or Florial in significant roles, we have bigger issues. If everything goes to **** and our 5th outfielder has to play 60ish games, I’d expect the yanks to make another trade for a more proven vet, like the did with mccutchen a few years ago.
    Agreed if were counting on our 5th OFer to play serious time, something went horribly wrong. No matter what i'd rather use the younger higher ceiling player either way .

Normally, i would completely agree with u that i believe they would trade for a guy like Cutch. With as worried as they are about the budget i think they would probably try to go cheap to stay under 210m.

Day, you may be correct. I did more digging after this conversation. According to FanGraphs Roster Resource page it shows 1 more option year remaining for Abreu. I'm confused. I trust FanGraphs, but most other sites had him out of options.

It seems because the 2020 season was less than 90 days long, doesn't fall within the rules to qualify as a "full season", so they determined that an option year can't be exhausted under those circumstances.

https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-res...charts/yankees
    I knew i had seen something like that about Abreau somewhere but i had forgotten where.

Thanks for finding that Doc. That makes things alot better for both Abreau and the Yanks. He's been a starter his whole career so it might take him a little time how to figure out how to air it out for an inning or 2. His FB has touched 101 late into starts, whats that going to look like if he just lets it fly in short outings. Both his CB and CU are naughty but i'm not sure which one he controls better. He should just take sometime on focusing on using his 4 seam and his best off speed pitch. Hopefully this option gives him time to figure it out because with as talented and elite as he and his stuff are it would be a shame to loose him for nothing

New York Yankees
    @Yankees
    · 3m
    Lets hope he makes a full and complete recovery but the stress of coaching is to much stress on his heart... that way we could get a manager that understood how to use a pitching staff properly. Pena sounds like a great idea to me
    Last edited by dayners81; 03-03-2021 at 05:04 PM.

Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast