Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    If he did, I believe Judge made the same change a year or two ago.
    I read he also toned down the leg kick a lot this year. Let's hope it has some impact.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I'm sure your right, i just remember seeing somewhere that said he had 1 more. I agree he's done as a starter, he just needs to show enough that he deserves to make the team. It would just suck to lose an arm like that for nothing
    IMO, This is the exact time you let him take his lumps. I think Doc is spot on, stick him in the pen and see if he figures it out. If not, another team will see the stuff and believe they can fix him.
    Baptism by fire time for Abreu. It's a much better option than losing him for nothing or for a PTNL.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I read he also toned down the leg kick a lot this year. Let's hope it has some impact.
    I remember one of the things I loved about his swing, was how quick it was. He had a bit of a wind up but when he was late on a pitch, it was a defensive swing or trying to go the other way.
    Last year and to an extent the year before, he seemed to be getting stuck in that wind up (back swing) and had to hurry his swing to catch up with very hittable pitches.
    I could be very wrong here but that type of 180 in his swing and timing is when I question exit Velocity and launch angle. If he is trying to hit it harder and farther, it could certainly explain the lateness and
    over-swinging (not to be confused with the type of over- swinging that Dayners was guilty of in his younger days).
    Hopefully he's corrected it and returned to his previous approach because his exit velo and Launch angle were just fine and he was a far, far better, all around hitter.

Ignorance is bliss

Haha Clown...I thought u were the 1 that ended up in a trunk headed for the border covered in Maple syrup. And yes there will be snacks...lol

I was extremely encouraged watching Sanchez hit that moon shot Yesterday. I was really excited to see him hit one just to the RHS of 2nd base, not just a dead pull like so many of his hrs the last 2yrs.

He also looks like he's brought the lhigh leg kick down and he's keep both hands on the bat. Sanchez bat was always at its best when he was trying to drive the ball up the middle or opposite way. He also appears to be about 10-20 lbs lighter than last yr.

The talent has always been there, let's hope this is the start to him remembering what his potential could be again. If he can get back to 16-17 levels it makes that lineup so much better

As long as there are snacks.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Pitching has been stellar the first two games thus far.

Not.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Do we really need to start with this already? What do you really expect at this point in time?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Kraken!!

Good to see him pulling the ball like that. LOL!!!
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Abreu looked nasty and rough. That curve is sick.

Hope they don't end up losing him. He's out of options.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Do we really need to start with this already? What do you really expect at this point in time?
    It was sarcasm.

Yes we do.

I want complete game shut outs.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Do these people lie awake at night thinking up these asinine rules. For the next couple of weeks, an inning can end before there are 3 outs if the pitcher has thrown more than 20 pitches, regardless of anything else. Why can't they just bring in another pitcher? Not like there's a shortage of arms. Good grief.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

It was sarcasm.

Yes we do.

I want complete game shut outs.

Truth!

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Do these people lie awake at night thinking up these asinine rules. For the next couple of weeks, an inning can end before there are 3 outs if the pitcher has thrown more than 20 pitches, regardless of anything else. Why can't they just bring in another pitcher? Not like there's a shortage of arms. Good grief.
    I agree. I was surprised when I saw that happen in yesterday's game. The Yankees had the bases loaded with two outs and then everyone left the field.

Talked to my source he said team official feel like Dietrich is probably going to make the 26 man.
    He also said with Allen now in AAA and so far Florial has impressed that they may look to move guy like Talkman and possibly some combo of Estrada, Ford, Andujar, Abreau, Kriske and either try and get IFA money,, a reliever or some kind of specs...

Would be a mistake to lose tauchman . I know he did bad last season but he was playing through a shoulder injury

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Talked to my source he said team official feel like Dietrich is probably going to make the 26 man.
    He also said with Allen now in AAA and so far Florial has impressed that they may look to move guy like Talkman and possibly some combo of Estrada, Ford, Andujar, Abreau, Kriske and either try and get IFA money,, a reliever or some kind of specs...
    No, leave my sock man alone!

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast