Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 1132
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,062
    Clarke Schmidt says he has “relieved” his elbow injury and he expects to be back in action soon, per Erik Boland of Newsday Sports (via Twitter). The 25-year-old made his Major League debut for the Yankees, albeit in just a 6 1/3 inning sample. Regardless, he is competing this spring for his place in the line behind the Yankees’ top five starters. Having made just three starts in Double-A to round out 2019, Schmidt undoubtedly would have spent 2020 in Triple-A, had there been a minor league season. As is, he’ll be in camp with other young arms like Deivi Garcia, Michael King, Luis Medina, and Nick Nelson, trying to prove themselves ready to step-in for a particularly injury-prone New York rotation. Schmidt was shut down just over a week ago for what was supposed to be 3-4 weeks, though it’s possible he returns to action sooner. MLBTR
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  2. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,440
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Clarke Schmidt says he has “relieved” his elbow injury and he expects to be back in action soon, per Erik Boland of Newsday Sports (via Twitter). The 25-year-old made his Major League debut for the Yankees, albeit in just a 6 1/3 inning sample. Regardless, he is competing this spring for his place in the line behind the Yankees’ top five starters. Having made just three starts in Double-A to round out 2019, Schmidt undoubtedly would have spent 2020 in Triple-A, had there been a minor league season. As is, he’ll be in camp with other young arms like Deivi Garcia, Michael King, Luis Medina, and Nick Nelson, trying to prove themselves ready to step-in for a particularly injury-prone New York rotation. Schmidt was shut down just over a week ago for what was supposed to be 3-4 weeks, though it’s possible he returns to action sooner. MLBTR
    Hopefully he is right and healthy. It's hard to trust anything coming from the Yankees based on the last few years and lack if transparency or even worse, correct diagnosis of injury.

    I hope they keep him shut down for at least another week. It's a long season. I have high hopes for the kid.



    Ignorance is bliss

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,062
    Yanks news: Luis Severino is currently on track to begin mound work in two weeks.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,440
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yanks news: Luis Severino is currently on track to begin mound work in two weeks.
    I am sure he will be handled with kid gloves but doesn't that seem to you, that he's on track late may or June and not late July or august?
    If he throws moderately from the mound for the entire month of march. That would likely mean he could have all April to amp up velocity and start breaking balls and then May would be used for building arm strength.



    Ignorance is bliss

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I am sure he will be handled with kid gloves but doesn't that seem to you, that he's on track late may or June and not late July or august?
    If he throws moderately from the mound for the entire month of march. That would likely mean he could have all April to amp up velocity and start breaking balls and then May would be used for building arm strength.
    I agree. I was a bit surprised by the report from ST reason I reported it here. Seems he's ahead of schedule. I also read (twitter, Hoch) commented he was long tossing from 120 ft.

    Bryan Hoch@BryanHoch
    20h
    Luis Severino had another good week of workouts at 120 feet. If everything goes well next week, he'll get on the mound.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  6. #156
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,062
    Bryan Hoch
    @BryanHoch
    ·
    5m
    #Yankees lineup 02.28.2021 vs. Toronto:

    LeMahieu 2B
    Judge RF
    Torres SS
    Voit 1B
    Sanchez DH
    Frazier LF
    Andujar 3B
    Chirinos C
    Tauchman CF
    King RHP
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  7. #157
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,440
    I have mlbtv, are the ST games on that?



    Ignorance is bliss

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,062
    Today it's YES.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  9. #159
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    36,078
    Line ups

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 02-28-2021 at 12:19 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I have mlbtv, are the ST games on that?
    Looks like all the ST games will be televised on YES.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  11. #161
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    36,078
    Yankees pitchers expected to throw today include Asher Wojciechowski, Lucas Luetge, Kyle Barraclough, Nick Goody and Adam Warren and obviously the starter Mike King.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,440
    This team sucks. We will be lucky if we go 500. I can't believe they lost today.



    Ignorance is bliss

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    9,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    This team sucks. We will be lucky if we go 500. I can't believe they lost today.
    I'm still surprised, knock on wood, no one of immediate necessity has reserved an extended IL stint

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,440
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I'm still surprised, knock on wood, no one of immediate necessity has reserved an extended IL stint
    Oh that tree will fall and when it does, so will the sky.

    Wait, the sky already fell on the season yesterday. I forgot.



    Ignorance is bliss

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    4,869
    So it's not bad enough we have to endure 7 inning games, now there may be some 5 inning games Are we playing in a tee ball league or what? Thank goodness that is only until March 14th, then all game are 9. These stupid rule changes are insane. The game has survived just fine for over 100 years. Let it be. Pandemic be damned.
    End of rant.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •