Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    If they could get lets say a teams top 10 spec and 2M in IFA money or something like that do u really think that would be a mistake to trade Talkman? Would you still think it would be a mistake if Talkman plus could bring back a high level spec or reliever? Until we have an idea what they would be trying to trade him for we have no clue or not if its a "mistake" or not. Seriously though how big of a mistake could it possibly be to trade a 30 yr old 4th/5th OFer ? He was bad last yr and Florial can do everything he can do defensively and if he can continue to improve his pitch recognition his ceiling is much higher.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    If they could get lets say a teams top 10 spec and 2M in IFA money or something like that do u really think that would be a mistake to trade Talkman? Would you still think it would be a mistake if Talkman plus could bring back a high level spec or reliever? Until we have an idea what they would be trying to trade him for we have no clue or not if its a "mistake" or not. Seriously though how big of a mistake could it possibly be to trade a 30 yr old 4th/5th OFer ? He was bad last yr and Florial can do everything he can do defensively and if he can continue to improve his pitch recognition his ceiling is much higher.
    Leave my sock man alone!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Yes it would be a mistake to trade tauchman because he is just as or more proven than florial is . I mean I would trade florial and andujar before tauchman . And how high can florialís ceiling be ? I mean the guy is 23 years old and has never made it to AA ball . If he isnít even ready for AA ball what makes you think he could possibly be ready for the majors or any better than tauchman ? How secure are you with florial as thier 5th outfielder ? Because with tauchman gone the depth would be Gardner , and either Bruce or florial . Thatís not good at all imo

At 30 i would hope he is a bit move proven than Florial as 23. Most of Tauchmans value is in his speed, his ability to play average or better defense at all 3 OF positions Other than 19 Tauchman has never posted another season with a positive WAR

Florial made his MLB debut last August and went 1-3, plus he spent all last yr at the alt site, so he has played above A ball. Florial has all the tools and ability to be atleast as good if not better defensively than Talkman at all 3 positions. Florial has the better arm and is faster. If Florial is even just a little below league avg offensively he will provide all the value that Tauchman would. Another thing to remember is were not talking about a starter here, with Gardy back Tauchman is our 5th Ofer.

If we could get something of decent value for Tauchman, like Cashman has suggested he has gotten offers this spring. How does not getting the younger, cheaper, higher ceiling player onto the MLB roster and adding a long term asset to the system.

Most of the analyst are predicting that Derek Dietrich is going to make the 26 man and he can play 1st,2nd, 3rd RF and LF so he would add depth. Andujar can play a little LF, Wade can play CF and even though its a bad idea they are talking about Stanton playing some in the field. Plus we have Allen waiting in AAA.

If we got a good return, trading Tauchman would be a absolute no brainer
    Last edited by dayners81; 03-03-2021 at 01:36 AM.

[QUOTE=dayners81;33849692]At 30 i would hope he is a bit move proven than Florial as 23. Most of Tauchmans value is in his speed, his ability to play average or better defense at all 3 OF positions Other than 19 Tauchman has never posted another season with a positive WAR

Florial made his MLB debut last August and went 1-3, plus he spent all last yr at the alt site, so he has played above A ball. Florial has all the tools and ability to be atleast as good if not better defensively than Talkman at all 3 positions. Florial has the better arm and is faster. If Florial is even just a little below league avg offensively he will provide all the value that Tauchman would. Another thing to remember is were not talking about a starter here, with Gardy back Tauchman is our 5th Ofer.

If we could get something of decent value for Tauchman, like Cashman has suggested he has gotten offers this spring, getting the younger, cheaper, higher ceiling player onto the MLB roster how does it not make sense to move our 5th OFer??[/

3 at bats in the majors doesnít prove florial is ready for the majors . He still has a lot to proven before he can even be the 5th outfielder on this team

[QUOTE=Posada20;33849702]
    At 30 i would hope he is a bit move proven than Florial as 23. Most of Tauchmans value is in his speed, his ability to play average or better defense at all 3 OF positions Other than 19 Tauchman has never posted another season with a positive WAR

If we could get something of decent value for Tauchman, like Cashman has suggested he has gotten offers this spring, getting the younger, cheaper, higher ceiling player onto the MLB roster how does it not make sense to move our 5th OFer??[/

3 at bats in the majors doesnít prove florial is ready for the majors . He still has a lot to proven before he can even be the 5th outfielder on this team
    k

If they trade Tauchman I doubt they get much for him. A guy already rumored to be in danger of not making the team. IFA money makes sense.

I would call Tauchman our #4 OFer with Gardner our #5. Stanton is our DH and emergency #6.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    If they trade Tauchman I doubt they get much for him. A guy already rumored to be in danger of not making the team. IFA money makes sense.
    I agree with you but lets not forget how many times we heard from Cashman about all the interesting in Tauchman this winter, He even talked about it right after talking about resigning Gardy. I certainly don't think he's a extremely valuable piece to us but he should be a plus defender in CF, good speed and a threat on the basepaths and a questionable bat. If we could get some IFA money and a lottery ticket why not?

He's not a starter and certainly shouldn't be hard to replace his production/value with pieces we already have. If we could package Talkman with a couple other of the fringe 26 man guys for a descent reliever, or some combo of IFA money and lottery ticket specs i would absolutely do a deal like that. I'd much rather see the Yanks put together a package or players or move the ones that they can get some kind of return for vs losing them for a PTBNL or cash

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    I would call Tauchman our #4 OFer with Gardner our #5. Stanton is our DH and emergency #6.
    Maybe, i kinda think if they both stay healthy Gardy will get more innings than Talkman because he's better with the bat and is probably equal or better defensively

Wither it is Dietrich, Florial, Bruce, Andujar, Wade or some combo of a couple of them they will have multiple options before having to play Stanton in the field. If he's hitting well why in the world would u tempt fait by putting him out in the field where he's got hurt 2-3 yrs

With his injury history the last couple yrs, as well as what he can do when he's healthy, Stanton needs the bubble wrap treatment. Just have him worry about hitting and staying healthy, if he can play 140 + games i would be surprised if he didn't hit atleast 45+ HRS

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Day, please leave sock man alone.

Thanks.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Still doesnít explain the logic of trading their #4 outfielder in order to keep a guy that might be their 5th outfielder

Slick just answer this for me then I'm done. If Florial and Dietrich had a good ST and we got an offer to trade Talkman and Estrada for 1M plus Ifa money and a teams top 15 lottery ticket wouldn't u make that deal? Vs loosing quality gus for nothing?

Talkman had 1 good yr that had alot to do with his defensive, every other yr he has had a negative WAR. Do u really think he's going to significantly outperform Florial in the same role?

I wouldnít trade tauchman . Doesnít this team already have enough lottery tickets on the roster ?? I mean tauchman proved himself in 2019 . Last season he played through a shoulder injury . And what are the chances that florial does any better with only 3 bats mlb experience ?
    https://www.rotoballer.com/player-ne...-season/841087
    Last edited by Posada20; 03-03-2021 at 03:11 AM.

Your going to have to explain this one to me. How is Tauchman now this proven, great commodity when he's 30, has played part of 4 MLB seasons and only had a positive WAR once and went right back to having a negative last yr. How is Tauchman some important piece we so desperately need to keep a hold of when he's easily replaceable, yet a guy like German who goes 18-4 with a 4.03 ERA is trash and we should cut him even though we desperately need pitchers that can throw multiple innings in multiple different roles like him? Why is Talkman so important to hold onto when he's clearly replaceable on the roster, isn't a key piece to the lineup and we could get something of descent value in return

As far as Florial vs Talkman., Florial actually had the better WAR vs Talkman in 2020. Through out his career Talkman has been a glove first 4th OFer with some speed and a descent arm. Florial who is 7yrs younger and may have a future with this team, can provide better defense, a better arm, with more speed and a much higher offensive ceiling than Tauchman already.

I'm not advocating trading him tomorrow but if Florial has a descent ST or they decide to go with someone who is more versatile than Talkman and they could get something of value like Cashman has stated it makes all the sense in the world to extract that value while they still can.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    No, leave my sock man alone!

If you mean the hardened, crispy, sock that can stand up on its own that you have slightly hidden, under or next to the bed? Day should definitely leave that alone. We all will.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast