Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I wouldn't say Dietrich can play every position as he has never played CF and has under 2 innings in RF. He also doesn't offer much value when he is mediocre or downright bad at every position defensively. I'd rather see Estrada or someone like that get a chance over him.
    And that is why tauchman needs to stay on the bench with wade , higgy and Gardner

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    And that is why tauchman needs to stay on the bench with wade , higgy and Gardner
    Do they need two backup OFers? Maybe keep Bruce around?

With the injury history that hicks , Stanton and judge have , it may not be such a bad idea to have 2 back up outfielders on the bench

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    No, they don't. Wade can play the OF in a pinch(if he makes the 26 man roster) and with the taxi squads when they're playing away, plus the ability to get someone from the alternate site quickly if they're home, doesn't make sense.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Yankees prospect Yoendrys Gomez hits 97 on radar gan

https://nypost.com/2021/03/04/yankee...-on-radar-gan/

Unless the radar GAN is a new tool used in baseball, the Post has some bad proof readers and spell checking.
    I thought it was pretty funny.

Ignorance is bliss

I would actually argue they already have two backups. Gardner and Stanton (until he's injured of course). And as Slick said, Wade can play D as well.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Boone made it sound like they were going to go with a 4 person bench.. Gardy, Wade and Higgy seem like locks for the bench. Dietrich can play every position but SS and C so I would say his versatility gives him a big advantage over Talkman and Andujar
    I don't know, Day. A 31 year old who has 340 career PAs and at least from the looks of. his numbers, doesn't look like a threat at the plate. He's posted good numbers for the ABs but my guess is they will want a bat off the bench. I doubt it will be Andujar because they will want him to play as much as possible and Talkman is not a bat.
    I see the appeal of another guy who can play pretty much anywhere on the field but I would think they will look at Ford as well. If you go with Dietrich, there is zero offense on the bench.

If I am the FO, I am sticking Andujar in the minors and having him play 1rst, 3rd and the corner OFs and practice his tail off at all 4.

Ignorance is bliss

Stanton is not really a back up of , I mean when was the last time he even played the outfield ?

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Nope, that's just carrying on a running joke about a certain poster and thinking you piggy backing on someone else making a joke is funny. You would be incorrect.

Odds are we both can't be wrong, so we'll just go with I'm right and you're wrong. Seems fair to me.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Well Woji-whatever and Abreu looked like total crap
    Woj nibbles amd Abreu lives in the fat part of the zone because he has no command

As good as I feel Abreu can be, I've yet to be impressed. He needs a lot of work.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Today

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    As good as I feel Abreu can be, I've yet to be impressed. He needs a lot of work.
    Abreu is a good example as to why one shouldnít totally buy into a prospectís hype , it was just a couple a years ago that he was labeled as one of their best pitching prospects

Abreu is a good example as to why one shouldnít totally buy into a prospectís hype , it was just a couple a years ago that he was labeled as one of their best pitching prospects
    I agree but that depends on what you mean by prospect hype. You can get excited about a prospect and dream about their possible future while understanding there is a decent probability that they will flame out.

I could name many prospects that are great examples of why you "do" buy into a prospect's hype.
    Dellin Betances, Luis Severino, Nick Green, Aaron Judge, Miguel Andujar all come to mind.

I can say I'm excited about Jasson Dominguez and buy into his hype without saying that I guarantee that he will eventually become a superstar, or that I even think he will. I can be excited about him and the hope that he someday becomes a superstar, but still acknowledge there is a lot that can happen which would prevent him from ever reaching that point.

I would never write the name of a prospect in permanent ink to be a starter for the Yankees, but I might pencil him in and fantasize about what the lineup would look like if he reaches his potential.

There's no harm in it as long as you don't have unrealistic expectations and get your hopes up only for them to be dashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I agree but that depends on what you mean by prospect hype. You can get excited about a prospect and dream about their possible future while understanding there is a decent probability that they will flame out.

I could name many prospects that are great examples of why you "do" buy into a prospect's hype.
    Dellin Betances, Luis Severino, Nick Green, Aaron Judge, Miguel Andujar all come to mind.

I can say I'm excited about Jasson Dominguez and buy into his hype without saying that I guarantee that he will eventually become a superstar, or that I even think he will. I can be excited about him and the hope that he someday becomes a superstar, but still acknowledge there is a lot that can happen which would prevent him from ever reaching that point.

I would never write the name of a prospect in permanent ink to be a starter for the Yankees, but I might pencil him in and fantasize about what the lineup would look like if he reaches his potential.

There's no harm in it as long as you don't have unrealistic expectations and get your hopes up only for them to be dashed.
    Andujar , sevy and to a lesser extent even judge are not great examples of buying into the hype . Andujar doesnít even have a place on this team right now because of his poor glove , sevy has only lived up to it for a year and a half so the jury is still out on him , and judge hasnít stayed healthy enough to totally have lived up to his expectations yet .

Andujar , sevy and to a lesser extent even judge are not great examples of buying into the hype . Andujar doesnít even have a place on this team right now because of his poor glove , sevy has only lived up to it for a year and a half so the jury is still out on him , and judge hasnít stayed healthy enough to totally have lived up to his expectations yet .
    Gerrit Cole was once a prospect. Stephen Stasburg was once a prospect. Francisco Lindor was once a prospect. All of them had hype worth buying into.

Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast