Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 1132
  1. #241
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    36,108
    Taxi squad is expected to be five players (expanded from three in 2020). One has to be a catcher.

    At the end of a road trip, taxi squad players will have to return to alt site — except the catcher, who can be a bullpen catcher for home games.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I have mlbtv, are the ST games on that?
    Here ya go clown, finally got a ST schedule:

    DATE/TIME OPPONENT TV INFO RADIO
    2/28; 1:05 pm vs. Blue Jays YES; SNET; MLB.TV WFAN
    3/1; 1:05 pm vs. Tigers YES; MLB.TV WXYT (DET)
    3/2; 1:05 pm @ Orioles 105.7 FM (BAL)
    3/3; 6:35 pm vs. Blue Jays
    3/4; 1:05 pm @ Phillies NBCSP; MLB.TV; MLBN*
    3/5; 1:05 pm vs. Tigers YES; MLB.TV; MLBN*
    3/6; 1:05 pm @ Pirates KDKA (PIT)
    3/7; 1:05 pm vs. Phillies YES; MLB.TV; MLBN WFAN
    3/9; 1:05 pm @ Tigers WXYT (DET)
    3/10; 6:35 pm vs. Pirates YES; MLB.TV WFAN
    3/11; 1:05 pm @ Phillies NBCSP; MLB.TV
    3/12; 1:05 pm @ Tigers YES; FSD; MLB.TV WXYT (DET)
    3/13; 1:05 pm vs. Pirates YES WFAN
    3/14; 1:07 pm @ Blue Jays WFAN
    3/15; 1:05 pm vs. Phillies YES; MLB.TV
    3/16; 1:05 pm @ Tigers WXYT (DET)
    3/17; 1:07 pm @ Blue Jays
    3/19; 6:35 pm vs. Phillies
    3/20; 6:05 pm @ Orioles
    3/21; 1:07 pm @ Blue Jays WFAN
    3/22; 6:35 pm vs. Phillies YES
    3/23; 1:05 pm @ Tigers FSD; MLB.TV WXYT (DET)
    3/24; 1:05 pm vs. Blue Jays YES
    3/25; 6:05 pm @ Phillies NBCSP; MLB.TV WFAN
    3/26; 6:35 pm vs. Orioles 105.7 BAL
    3/27; 1:05 pm vs. Blue Jays YES WFAN
    3/28; 1:05 pm @ Phillies NBCSP; MLB.TV WFAN
    3/29; 1:05 pm vs. Tigers YES; MLB.TV
    (An asterisk for MLB Network denotes a tape delay.)
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  3. #243
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    10,087
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Opposite field to boot. Has he found his stroke? Impressive . A lot tougher for sure.
    I just saw that, the HR he hit yesterday was to Right Center also. When he was at his best he hit alot of balls to right and CF. It would appear, from the swings i've seen this spring his balance is much better, he's staying back on his back side longer and it looks like he is seeing the ball better. If he returns to previous form i hope he can have an absolute monster yr then trade him for so good value this winter.

    even if Sanchez has a Monster yr i'm really hopping they move on from him this winter. While having a big offensive bat, in his good yrs, like Sanchez is great for the offense, i'm hoping there next catcher is alot more defensive minded.

    Our lineup has enough offense in it that we could afford to go with a defense first, league average or slightly below offensively Catcher after Sanchez is gone. I want him to have a monster yr so we could get a great return but with all the young, elite arms we have coming it would make more sense to have a great game caller/ receiver behind the plate to help those guys advance in their careers.

    If were going to keep this current cores window open much longer than the next 2yrs were going to have to develop some very good pitching. Having a better defensive C to help those young pitchers in the earlier part of their careers makes alot of sense to me

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    6,063
    With how much cashman is in love with homeruns , he will give Sanchez a 5 to 7 year big money contract . And by the second year of that contract he will regret it

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    10,087
    Kluber looked really good in his 2 innings tonight. His off speed stuff looked great and he seemed to command all his pitches very well. The only concern was the FB being 89-91 topping out at 92. Kluber has never been a big velo guy but when he was at his best he was 93-95 topping out a but higher, i'd really like to see him get in the 91-94 range by the start of the season.

    That said of all our starting pitchers Kluber is the least one i'm worried about his velo meaning more success. Kluber commands his pitches so well and uses changes in speed, shape and mixing eye levels to get guys out. As long as he has that 7-10 MPH gap between his FB and CU he should be just fine.

    From what i saw and i realize 2 innings is a remarkably small sample size, Kluber looks like he's in great shape and you can tell he's here for business. He's got a great mound presence and if he can just stay healthy, even with a little hand holding, I think he will be a dominate #2 behind Cole. If Cressey can keep him on the mound Kluber could easily become one of the better player acquisitions from this winter, IMO

    I also saw 2 more articles about how most people think the Yanks would prefer to keep Dietrich over Tauchman because Dietrich can play !st,2nd,3rd,LF and RF and has alot of pop in his LHed bat.

    If they are going with a 4 man bench like has been said this spring Gardy, Wade, Dietrich and either Higgy or Chirinos is probably the bench that makes the most sense. Gardy can play all 3 OF positions, Wade can play 2nd,SS, 3rd and can fake all 3 OF positions if needed, Dietrich can play 1st,2nd, 3rd,RF & LF and has a powerful LHed bat and then whichever catcher makes the team. Higgy's probably the favorite but with a good spring i could see Chirino winning that job also 8

    I wonder if they could get anything of descent value for a couple of the guys that are out of options or if they will just have to DFA them if they don't make the 26 man.

    Hey does anyone know if a player is on the taxi squad does than mean they count him on the 26 man roster? Talkman is out of options, can they put him on the taxi squad or does a player have to have options left to be on the Taxi squad. If you can be on the Taxi squad and not have to have an option left that would really help the Yanks out with those 3-4 players that are on the 40 man but are out of options and not guaranteed a job like Estrada, Ford, Talkman and a couple of the pitchers

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    6,063
    If Dietrich makes the bench then they really need to trade andujar .

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    10,087
    Trading Andujar if he doesn't make the team makes zero sense.... He has options left, u send him down to AAA and have him get his bat in shape. He would have very little value if he didn't make the team and with as injury prone as this team is why not keep his bat around. Hitters of his ability aren't easy to come by, why get rid of him when his value is so low AND he has options left.

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    6,063
    What insurance can andujar possibly give ? Wade and Dietrich can both play 3b as insurance for urshela . tauchman , Gardner , and either Bruce or florial also give plenty of insurance for the outfield . Face it if Dietrich makes the roster after spring training , andujar has no place on this team . And he would probably net more in a trade than tauchman or wade would because his bat is better than theirs .
    Last edited by Posada20; 03-04-2021 at 05:06 AM.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,866
    i wonder why no team, especially the yankees have not looked into scooter gennet. He had one injury ridden bad year in 2019 and then every team suddenly forgot about him.

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,534
    Boone was brought in because he's "more sensitive to the modern, young player". Maybe appealing to their sensitive sides will get their attention and give him that connection...he is so skilled in making...

    I think, Boone played this heart issue all wrong. He should have played the
    "Well guys, you know I have a bad ticker and this is likely my last go-round in this beautiful, crazy show. I would sure love to go out with a title."

    Maybe they'll bust their arses out of pity.



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,534
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Opposite field to boot. Has he found his stroke? Impressive . A lot tougher for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I just saw that, the HR he hit yesterday was to Right Center also. When he was at his best he hit alot of balls to right and CF. It would appear, from the swings i've seen this spring his balance is much better, he's staying back on his back side longer and it looks like he is seeing the ball better. If he returns to previous form i hope he can have an absolute monster yr then trade him for so good value this winter.

    even if Sanchez has a Monster yr i'm really hopping they move on from him this winter. While having a big offensive bat, in his good yrs, like Sanchez is great for the offense, i'm hoping there next catcher is alot more defensive minded.

    Our lineup has enough offense in it that we could afford to go with a defense first, league average or slightly below offensively Catcher after Sanchez is gone. I want him to have a monster yr so we could get a great return but with all the young, elite arms we have coming it would make more sense to have a great game caller/ receiver behind the plate to help those guys advance in their careers.

    If were going to keep this current cores window open much longer than the next 2yrs were going to have to develop some very good pitching. Having a better defensive C to help those young pitchers in the earlier part of their careers makes alot of sense to me

    The bolded makes him a pull hitter. That is a fact and everyone knows it. Opposite field would be to left or left center.
    Left field is to the left of the Centerfielder when he faces home. That is also a fact that everyone knows.
    The field is all from the center fielders perspective. I read that on some site that I can't remember but it's a fact.

    Also, I a pretty sure that opposite field hitting has to be done while standing on their head and using their feet to swing the bat. That's why it's called opposite, the opposite of standing up is standing on your head. Field refers to there visual field. And actually they would hit the ball to the opposite direction of the fielders so an opposite field HR would be hit by a guy standing on his head in the right side box and go over the catchers head to the same side of the plate as the batter. That is fact.
    Don't argue! It infringes on my right to speak my mind and this is America where I can say any stupid thing I want and then cry when people rip it to shreds for its stupidity.



    Ignorance is bliss

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    The bolded makes him a pull hitter. That is a fact and everyone knows it. Opposite field would be to left or left center.
    Left field is to the left of the Centerfielder when he faces home. That is also a fact that everyone knows.
    The field is all from the center fielders perspective. I read that on some site that I can't remember but it's a fact.

    Also, I a pretty sure that opposite field hitting has to be done while standing on their head and using their feet to swing the bat. That's why it's called opposite, the opposite of standing up is standing on your head. Field refers to there visual field. And actually they would hit the ball to the opposite direction of the fielders so an opposite field HR would be hit by a guy standing on his head in the right side box and go over the catchers head to the same side of the plate as the batter. That is fact.
    Don't argue! It infringes on my right to speak my mind and this is America where I can say any stupid thing I want and then cry when people rip it to shreds for its stupidity.
    Sorry guys, my account was hacked by a poster we all know but will remain nameless



    Ignorance is bliss

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Sorry guys, my account was hacked by a poster we all know but will remain nameless

    That's a lie. No it wasn't. That's a fact.



    Or is it?



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    6,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    i wonder why no team, especially the yankees have not looked into scooter gennet. He had one injury ridden bad year in 2019 and then every team suddenly forgot about him.
    He had a severely strained groin, injuries like that can effect a players swing for a long time . Although I am surprised no one has picked him up yet . I think he could have a few good years left

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    6,063
    I know this is off topic but it’s still yankee related but I thought everyone would be happy to see that June 2nd is going to be Lou gehrig day around all of baseball . Now all they need to do is make a babe Ruth day ...
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...rig-day-june-2

Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •