Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bucs 2021 Offseason Thread: Run It Back

Let's go
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

Who do we want back who do we want to bring in???

Simple for me. Try to bring everyone back. Based on the chemistry of this team it's a no Brainer. Having said that based on available cap etc I think in the end we will need to choose between either Godwin or Shaq. Both will command a bunch in FA. I think Suh will be back for sure. I'd like Fournette back with that RB group. Succop is a must sign. Brate may be a trade casualty to bring in mostly everyone back. I'd like AB back especially if we can't re sign Godwin. Draft of course will depend on who we bring back but #1 is an edge rusher for me.

Didn't mention Lavonte. Obviously I believe we find a way to get him back.

I want everyone back and am willing to backload to get it done.

Godwin and Shaq are looking at long term deals which could give flexibility, reports say Godwin will be tagged if they can't sign long term deal. Shaq would probably be the most likely to leave.

Lavonte should be back, IDK money wise what that would take but I can't imagine him leaving now.

AB has that Brady connection, hope he would come back cheap, not sure.

Fournette would be great to bring back for as cheap as possible, someone could offer him more money for more years.

Suh should be back on a 1-2 year deal. Watt could take his spot if that materialized but I wouldn't mess with team chemistry unless Watt is coming cheap.

We should be able to bring them all back including Succup. If we did then we can realistically run it back

As long as Godwin, Shaq, and David are back, the rest can go

We would need to create close to 40 million in cap space theoretically to keep everyone. I agree that there will be some backloading and restructuring involved.

For me personally, I think Shaq should be priority #1. I would like for them to keep Godwin, but I admit I'm not confident that we will be able to.

I would not be surprised if we allow Suh and Fournette to walk, and find cheaper replacements for them. I believe Suh was a brilliant signing at the time, but I see him as a highly probably candidate for a decline in play at his age, and I think his position should be a high draft target, even if he returns for another year.

I definitely think we should look to save 6 mil from one of our 2 TE's, but I think we should be able to find a trade partner instead of having to cut either of them. I think OJ Howard would have better trade value. I would not be shocked to see D. Smith and his 14 mil contract dropped, and his replacement found in the draft, although I think that's a risky move. W. Gholston could also be easily replaced to save another 5 mil.

Jason has his work cut out for him!
    Last edited by aecon13; 02-27-2021 at 10:17 PM.

Godwin being tagged. Now comes the hard part..

David 2 years 25 Million. Will there be enough for Shaq, Suh, Gronk and or Fournette? Let's see where we go next.

Greenberg making magic happen. 3 voidable years added on to David's Deal. 2021 Cap hit at 3.5 M for David. Wizardry

Brady's extension frees up 19 min in cap space this year. What a baller he is. Let's get Shaq done!

Shaq signed! All I want now is Gronk and Suh and fill in the blanks everywhere else.

Lol Gronk signed! They crushed this!!!

From here my priority would read as follows....

1. Ryan Succob
    2. AB
    3. L. Fournette
    4. N. Suh
    5. J. Hang, B. Gabbert, A. Adam's

I would not be shocked or upset to see us not be able to bring Suh back. He's done a great job, but he's at that age where there is most likely gonna be a clear drop off each year at this point, and I don't see him taking half the money that we gave him this past season. If we don't bring him back, we could maybe sign a guy like Lawrence Guy or S. Rankins for cheap depth, and with or without him, I'm prioritizing DL high in the draft. I would be looking for best front 7 player available at pick #32 (minus NT).
    Last edited by aecon13; 03-16-2021 at 12:22 AM.

Some of the prospects I'm scouting

J. Phillips
    J. Tyron
    J. Oweh
    J. Ossai
    C. Barmore
    D. Nixon
    C. Basham
    L. Onwuzurike
    J. Tufele

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast