Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He never narrowed it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    no, my comment was more about some in the media thinking they actually know things they don't...'cause the story the last few days was he'd narrowed it down to the Packers, Bills, or Titans
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    no, my comment was more about some in the media thinking they actually know things they don't...'cause the story the last few days was he'd narrowed it down to the Packers, Bills, or Titans
    The media lies?

Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Well we all know heís not going to New England.
    I was right who the hell wants to play here after Brady left.

Texans release J.J. Watt; signs with Cards

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I was right who the hell wants to play here after Brady left.
    Why would New England even offer him a contract. There in no spot to. And I doubt they even had interest.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Cardinals are giving J.J. Watt a two-year, $31 million deal that includes $23 million guaranteed, per source.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...45644185964549
    I guess money talks, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Why would New England even offer him a contract. There in no spot to. And I doubt they even had interest.

Why not? But like I said before no one wants to come here guys want to play for a contender who can win now not in 10+ years.

Biggest myth in sports:
    Guys want to play for their hometown. It's rare. It's often too much pressure.

If Arizona had a head coach that could unlock Murray's potential they'd be pretty scary team right now.

Big overpay IMO. They are paying for a name at this point, not production. Watt would have been a good signing at like $7M/year. Especially with the cap going down.

I tried to warn people of those silly reports.
    Itís fun and interesting to post links of rumours and sometimes theyíre right. Iím just not sure why some of us take it as gospel though.

I'm a little surprised Watt choose Arizona. Just thought at this point in his career that JJ would prefer a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Biggest myth in sports:
    Guys want to play for their hometown. It's rare. It's often too much pressure.
    I don't know that I agree with that. I think guys still do give their hometown team a but of extra consideration. However, cash is king and if someone is going to pay you more, it's easy to talk yourself into going somewhere.

I think what's interesting to me is that is a big deal. If you get the JJ Watt of the last few years even and he plays 14+ games, he's probably worth it. But even then, he probably plays up to his contract and doesn't exceed it. It just feels like with his injury history and age, you should have been able to get a little discount of his upside.

It's almost like you go to a restaurant and there's a steak meal where there's a 50% chance it's a filet mignon and a 50% chance it's just a garbage steak like a skirt steak. But the price is the same as a normal filet mignon. So yea, there's a decent chance you get exactly what you pay for. But there's also a fairly decent chance of a significant downside. And the fact the deal doesn't really seem to have any downside baked in is strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by d.m.g. View Post
    If Arizona had a head coach that could unlock Murray's potential they'd be pretty scary team right now.
    I'd argue that he already is. Murray has done pretty well considering how many physical limitations he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Big overpay IMO. They are paying for a name at this point, not production. Watt would have been a good signing at like $7M/year. Especially with the cap going down.
    Watt is worth what he got. I'd gladly have paid him 12M/season. 7M would be criminally underpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'd argue that he already is. Murray has done pretty well considering how many physical limitations he has.

Watt is worth what he got. I'd gladly have paid him 12M/season. 7M would be criminally underpaid.
    Mamba would of given 7 million. You would of given 12 million. The probable highest bidder gave him slightly less then last year. Thatís why he had no trade value and was released.

If he really liked Texas that much it isn't super surprising he stayed in a warm, red state.

I felt like the Buffalo bit was unlikely just because who would want to go from Texas to NY.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast