Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Texans release J.J. Watt; signs with Cards

JJ Watt asked the Texans for his release, and the two sides have agreed to part ways. The best defensive player in franchise history is now finished in Houston, but he does want to play elsewhere.
    Via Adam Schefter

Please want to come play with your brothers. Pleeeeeease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long until he signs with the packers?

Gruden convinced 1 Texas icon to play for him last season. Can he do it again.

https://twitter.com/_tjwatt/status/1...253008387?s=21

TJ hitting that recruiting trail [emoji1787]

I don’t see why he wouldn’t sign with the packers, it’s 2 hours from his hometown, they’re a contender who probably become favorites by adding someone like watt. They already have nice pieces defensively

I don’t see why he wouldn’t sign there. It’d be kinda like when Reggie white left Philly and went to green bay

He should sign multiple places. KC could be an option. Buffalo.

He’s a big time family guy so playing with his brother could have huge appeal to him.

Idk that the Bills have space, but certainly would be good to get him. Basically every playoff team I'm sure is reaching out.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I don’t see why he wouldn’t sign with the packers, it’s 2 hours from his hometown, they’re a contender who probably become favorites by adding someone like watt. They already have nice pieces defensively

I don’t see why he wouldn’t sign there. It’d be kinda like when Reggie white left Philly and went to green bay
    Well Packers already have the both Smiths for pass rushers and are 28M over the cap.

Steelers are also 30M over the cap.

Its going to take a lot of cap magic for either of them to be able to sign him. Especially since quickly looking at boths cap situation their arent a lot of quick easy gets to even get to cap space to even sign him.

Either way itll be interesting to see who he picks and just how much money he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Well Packers already have the both Smiths for pass rushers and are 28M over the cap.

Steelers are also 30M over the cap.

Its going to take a lot of cap magic for either of them to be able to sign him. Especially since quickly looking at boths cap situation their arent a lot of quick easy gets to even get to cap space to even sign him.

Either way itll be interesting to see who he picks and just how much money he wants.
    We’re actually much less over the cap. Both Vance ($7mil) and Maurkice ($8mil) retired and have been released as a result. Doing literally anything with Bens salary and a Vince Williams and/or Joe Haden cut gets us there.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    We’re actually much less over the cap. Both Vance ($7mil) and Maurkice ($8mil) retired and have been released as a result. Doing literally anything with Bens salary and a Vince Williams and/or Joe Haden cut gets us there.

I mean that still only gets you to -18M. Cutting Haden and Williams gets you to -7M. Yes you can restructure Ben as well which could get you out of the negative. I dont know how much JJ wants but overall not much room to work with to fill out your roster. It can be done for sure but is old JJ the 1 player you want want in free agency. Not sure he is the best option out there for you guys.

Unless the Steelers are going to have him play TE, not sure how it would make any sense to sign him.

The corpse of Ben throwing to Diontae Johnson in triple coverage... handing off to Benny Snell...

Steelers opponents in 2021:

Ravens x2 -- L
    Bengals x2 -- Split
    Browns x2 -- Split
    Cowboys -- 50/50
    Bills -- L
    Packers -- L
    Chiefs -- L
    Chargers -- L
    Vikings -- 50/50
    Broncos -- 50/50
    Raiders -- L
    Bears -- 50/50
    Lions -- W
    Titans -- L

Likely going 5-12, will struggle to get over .500.

Main Steelers needs right now are WR and RB. But they're better off tanking until Ben is off the books.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I mean that still only gets you to -18M. Cutting Haden and Williams gets you to -7M. Yes you can restructure Ben as well which could get you out of the negative. I dont know how much JJ wants but overall not much room to work with to fill out your roster. It can be done for sure but is old JJ the 1 player you want want in free agency. Not sure he is the best option out there for you guys.
    Gotta wait and see where the cap comes in at first. There’s been some speculation they are aiming for a flat cap due to the sheer number of teams that would be over.

Cutting Haden saves $12mil in cap bringing that over number down to $7mil alone FWIW. Extensions for TJ Watt, Steven Nelson can be big. David DeCastro is in the last year of his deal with a $15ish mil cap hit that can get extended and restructured. Do a little cap magic with Heyward and we could be really in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He should sign multiple places. KC could be an option. Buffalo.

He’s a big time family guy so playing with his brother could have huge appeal to him.

I can virtually guarantee that's his preference. My bet is he'd take less to play with TJ than others may offer.
    You've seen the Subway commercials, right?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast