Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mets sign Jonthan Villar

Another good acquisition. Could he be our new 3rd baseman?

This was a solid move, speed is so underrated and the Mets have lacked that for a long time. He can play anywhere and that’s always good. He can fill in for a couple of weeks if need be.

Think he's a fantastic acquisition and don't mind if he ends up our starting 3B if he wins the job. Before last year he was a consistent 2+ WAR player

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

He has a strong arm, so he could play third base. He has power and can steal bases. But where does that leave Davis?

From the fact that Sandy did not want to give Davis an extra 200k in arbitration to talks of dealing him. I don’t think Davis is long for the team. I think he will be traded, but for what? I have no idea.

Great move. Definitely gives us some more speed and flexibility. He can play anywhere.

Solid acquisition......

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    From the fact that Sandy did not want to give Davis an extra 200k in arbitration to talks of dealing him. I don’t think Davis is long for the team. I think he will be traded, but for what? I have no idea.
    Probably a third baseman imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

It would be foolish to trade Davis right now unless he nets you some serious talent.

Really think it will be a mistake.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    It would be foolish to trade Davis right now unless he nets you some serious talent.

He’ll be our next Justin Turner

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post

Totally agree with you. Depth is very important now with Covid and I like the way our team is shaping up with Almora, Villar, Martinez, Guillorme,Heredia to go along with all the new pitchers, all of whom probably will wind up in Syracuse or Binghampton - Sean Reid-Foley. Sam McWilliams, FRanklin Kilome ( not really new ), Stephen Tarpley,Jordan Yamamoto, Jacob Barnes and Yennsy Diaz. Add those to Oswalt,.

I think our bullpen is stronger , with Lemay, Loup, Castro from last year and Lugo going back.

Agreed. Problem is Sandy has “his guys” and clearly doesn’t consider Davis one of them.

I just hope he sees the value in this guy. The dude is a an absolute slugger and you just don’t give those guys away.

Don't worry. He's got this.

^^^ I actually think Davis defense improved in 2020. The year before he couldn't get the ball out of his glove to start the doubleplay.

I like Davis, but let's be honest here. His bat is the only desirable thing he can offer. But I also discount almost everything from last year being it was only 60 games. I mean how many times do guys go through slumps in the beginning of the season...or at the end? Some ride season like a roller coaster. 60 games is not enough to determine if someone has turned a corner...good or bad.

That being said, if traded he's not going to bring back a boat load of names but should bring back a need or two. Maybe to an AL team where he can be used as a DH. Also I tend to trust Sandy's eye when trades are concerned. Specifically the "throw-in" type players.

But I also do not think there is a rush to deal him. There is no need to also plug Villar into a starting role. The Mets need role players and utility guys. Considering 2 spots on the 40 man roster need to be opened up for both Villar and Almora, there are still minor moves to go before we get to ST. Plus Davis and Guillorme already split time as it is.

Logic dictates someone's gotta go. But SA could take his time in dealing someone like Davis.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 02-10-2021 at 01:06 PM.

Villar will be great as a runner in the 10th.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast