Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    If we were in on Stafford, I'd think we'd be in on Wilson. Not sure what I'd give, but definitely #8 + 2022 1st as a start.
    Russell Wilson in Chicago...I mean it wouldn't be a bad destination

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11
    Russell Wilson in Chicago...I mean it wouldn't be a bad destination
    Honestly any team that's looking for a new QB would be stupid not to at least offer something for him. He's easily a top 10 QB and probably closer to top 5. I'm not sure how far I'd go in a bidding war for a guy who's turning 33 and relies on athleticism AND has physical limitations, but he's still a very good QB.

I think my top offer for Deshaun is 3 1sts and a 2nd (or equivalent players) and my top option for Russ is probably 2 1sts and a 2nd. With how many QBs are trading places this year it's hard to even tell who will be available.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

I really think that you can’t rule out Dallas. Until Dak and the Jones’ have come to an agreement there’s no guarantee that he will be the guy. The longer this thing continues to drag out the more awkward it gets. If Wilson really wants out the Seahawks could do a lot worse then a package centered around Dak. Also if the Cowboys preparing to move on from Dak they better have someone that’s at least as good or better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It's funny how the perception is different between Wentz and Russ.

Russ is out there throwing his team under the bus, but he's just misunderstood.

Wentz is a big bully forcing his way out by saying nothing.
    Because none of that reflects reality, but good that you're dealing with your physical attraction to Wentz.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Not sure if you were referring to me or not but as i said he was part of the problem last season i am talking about the whole wanting to be traded part he never publicly said that the media is.

I don't think it was right of him to throw his offensive line under the bus either it's something you keep in house with the coaches.
    BDawk is just getting proxy-offended for Wentz... one of things you do when you're in a parasocial relationship. It has nothing to do with Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    He likely neither wants to leave or wants to stay. Players don't give half as much a crap about their team as fanboys think they do.

Like you don't see Brady talking about how he wishes this SB win could have been with the Pats. He doesn't give a crap what team he is on. Russ doesn't either.

Russ is realizing he's slipping into Rodgers territory of like "yeah pretty good but didn't really do much" and knows he needs another SB win like ASAP for legacy purposes.
    They tend to care about the team, as in teammates, but not the franchise, as in the Seahawks or Patriots brands.

Brady still tried to get ex-Patriots teammates to come to Tampa Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Because none of that reflects reality, but good that you're dealing with your physical attraction to Wentz.
    It is a little different when one QB is an established elite QB, multiple time Superbowl winner(actually played and started in the game), and yearly top 5 MVP candidate compared to a guy who is still living on a shortened season 4 years ago and is coming off a historically bad season. I think if the first guy complains about his oline that has been trash for the most part of his career then it is a bit warranted.

Now it's coming out that Seattle is frustrated with Russell Wilson.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/...731360775?s=20

“A source told me that the Seahawks’ management is not happy with Russell Wilson and his camp for taking this to the media,” Patrick said. “You wonder if they’re going to be able to co-exist. . . . The current situation is not sustainable. That’s what I was told.”

Other trade destinations for Russell Wilson

7- New England Patriots

6- New York Football Giants

5- Miami Dolphins

4- Denver Broncos

3- Washington Football Team

2- Las Vegas Raiders

1- Pittsburgh Steelers

These 7 teams would also make sense and I will go into detail as far as why:

7- If Wilson is on the trade block, the Patriots need to acquire him. It would be a franchise-altering move that could have them returning to the Super Bowl.

The Patriots should also be an intriguing location for Wilson. They have an impressive line so Wilson doesn’t have to worry about getting hit so often. The team should be able to keep David Andrews and New England has some young players like Isaiah Wynn and Michael Onwenu who can be long term members of the offensive line.

Plus honestly no matter the price, the Patriots should go after Wilson. He is that good and can get the organization back to its winning ways.

After watching Tom Brady win a Super Bowl, Bill Belichick will want to show that he still has the talent to create a Super Bowl winning team. If Wilson was in New England, it’s safe to say that winning a championship is in the cards for the Patriots.

6- New York Giants...why? With weapons like Darius Slayton, Evan Engram and Saquon Barkley, the Giants are ready to compete at a higher level. The defense was surprisingly good in 2020 despite the lack of household names, and Year 2 of Joe Judge’s tenure should bring improvement. New York can create the cap space to acquire Wilson and continue surrounding him with quality pieces.

There’d also be a unique allure for Wilson to go to a big city as opposed to many of the teams on this list. The Giants have never had such a dynamic quarterback, and Wilson can usher in a new era with his flashy style and knack for big plays. The Giants would be wise to mortgage everything they could for Wilson and fill out their roster through the draft and savvy free agents.

5- Miami Dolphins would also be intriguing...why? The Dolphins have been linked to Deshaun Watson and Carson Wentz to certain degrees, meaning they’re at least doing their homework on the quarterback market. That doesn’t mean it’s time to panic about Tua Tagovailoa’s future with the franchise but Miami should be looking for an elite quarterback if they can get one. Watson and Wilson both fit in that category.

The Dolphins have a top-tier defense and the assets to overhaul what was a relatively barren offense in 2020. Trading Tua and at least two first round picks for Wilson would be a tough price to pay but would instantly give Miami the chance to compete in the AFC for the next few years. Losing so many picks would force the front office to leverage their veteran contracts for more cap room to improve one of the worst supporting casts in the league.

Wilson may not be interested in leaving a team that has more surrounding talent and a conference that’s more open than the AFC. Miami would have to sell Wilson on a slew of young contributors emerging quickly before Wilson leaves his prime.

4- Broncos- We know Denver has been aggressive in looking for a veteran quarterback as well as several teams on this list. Drew Lock hasn’t shown nearly enough to make him more than a backup option in 2021. But like Indianapolis and Washington, the pool of quarterbacks will dry up quickly and overpaying for a veteran is better than being left without a difference-maker.

Putting Wilson in an offense with Jerry Jeudy, Tim Patrick, Noah Fant, K.J. Hamler and Melvin Gordon would instantly vault to top-five offensive expectations. The Broncos run a friendly scheme for Wilson that would be familiar but also protect the veteran. Getting Ja’Wuan James back from the Covid list will also help bolster a line that grew in 2020.

There’s jobs on the line in Denver, meaning they’d be desperate to land the mobile and accurate gunslinger. A slew of first-round picks would instantly pay off and allow the Broncos to really push the Chiefs in the AFC.

3- The Football Team in Washington...why? Washington has been pushing hard to land their next veteran quarterback, according to several league executives I’ve talked to. They know it’s unlikely they’ll land one of the top-four quarterbacks in the draft, and could easily be looking at starting a fringe starter left for them in free agency. They don’t want to settle for someone like Jacoby Brissett, Mitchell Trubisky or Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Ron Rivera has a solid set of selling points to pique Wilson’s interest. The Football Team has a strong, young defense to keep them competitive for years to come. Offensive playmakers Terry McLaurin and Antonio Gibson are the start of what can quickly blossom into a talented offense with one key signing and drafting another receiver.

The money situation in Washington is good enough to see a lot of optimism. This team could own the division for the rest of Wilson’s prime with very little extra effort than acquiring him.

2- Las Vegas Raiders...why? Imagine Jon Gruden doing everything he can to bring the Super Bowl winner to Las Vegas. Imagine Wilson being the face of the Raiders’ organization in the desert metropolis. If the future Hall of Fame quarterback is indeed put on the trade block, Vegas might actually make the most sense. The idea would be for the Raiders to build their offense around the generational quarterback. Given the presence of running back Josh Jacobs, tight end Darren Waller and wide receiver Henry Ruggs, Wilson would have a solid skill-position group to work with. In return, the Seahawks acquire Derek Carr as a stopgap option under center. They also pick up the Raiders’ first and second-round picks in 2021 as well as first-round picks in 2022 and 2023.

1- Pittsburgh Steelers- Why? Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers are set to meet to discuss his future in Pittsburgh. The future Hall of Fame signal caller will have to restructure his contract in order to return. Even if the two sides come to an agreement, Pittsburgh needs to find a long-term solution under center. It’s one of the biggest issues an otherwise respected general manager in Kevin Colbert has had in recent years.

Could Pittsburgh entice Seattle with Big Ben as a stopgap option? Imagine the optics here. An offseason that will be filled with quarterback movement we have never seen before including two Super Bowl signal callers being swapped for one another. It’s a fun idea. Meanwhile, Pittsburgh would also have to give up its first-round picks in 2021 and 2022, some more draft pick compensation and a young player. It could work.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    It is a little different when one QB is an established elite QB, multiple time Superbowl winner(actually played and started in the game), and yearly top 5 MVP candidate compared to a guy who is still living on a shortened season 4 years ago and is coming off a historically bad season. I think if the first guy complains about his oline that has been trash for the most part of his career then it is a bit warranted.
    Sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    BDawk is just getting proxy-offended for Wentz... one of things you do when you're in a parasocial relationship. It has nothing to do with Wilson.
    Wentz - most hit qb in nfl, only player 12 games. Never says a word publicly.

Psd - Shut up and QB ya whiny little punk.

Russ - publicly throws team and org under the bus on multiple occasions now, forcing his way out.

Psd - pass

Seems to me like there’s been issues with Russell Wilson and the Seahawks for a while. Didn’t he say a year or two ago that he would leave the Seahawks unless they gave him the biggest contract in nfl history? They finally decided to meet his demands and he’s all like “I’m exited to stay in Seattle now” uhhhh wut? Money is great and all but it only goes so far. He got the money he wanted, now he probably still wants out now that contract is in place.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    They tend to care about the team, as in teammates, but not the franchise, as in the Seahawks or Patriots brands.

Brady still tried to get ex-Patriots teammates to come to Tampa Bay.
    That's probably more for him than them, like, he would rather keep throwing to Gronk than bother to learn the habits of a new guy. But maybe.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Russ - publicly throws team and org under the bus on multiple occasions now, forcing his way out.

Psd - pass
    hahahahaha when the reason you get hit so much is your own incompetence you can't throw anyone under the bus. The oline should be the ones pissed at Wentz for making them look so bad. Even if it was the oline's fault, Wentz has had a top tier his oline his whole career. Wilson has been in the league twice as long and had awful olines the entire time. It still isn't a good look to throw people under the bus but I can certainly see Wilson's frustrations.

Psd - pass
    First off, Wilson didn't make these comments publicly either. They came from "his camp". Just like the various reports of Wentz being unhappy, wanting to be traded, etc.

Then we should also add:

Russ - Top 5 QB the last 3 seasons. Comment was leaked way into the offseason. Has been a model citizen inside the organization. Only negative comments we ever heard from anonymous teammates is that he "isn't black enough".

Wentz - On a steady decline the last 3 seasons. Got benched, then comments were leaked, incl. when Hurts was playing at his best. Relationship with the organization "fractured beyond repair". Anonymous teammates have complained about his personality and attitude on multiple occasions.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast