Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    who knows exactly how long these top Qbs can play? Now you are assuming primes... Rodgers just had arguably the best season of his career well out of his so called prime. Getting a 32 year old wilson for a QB who has made it known now 10 times he wants out or else... so no that doesnt matter to me. Look at what wentz was expected to get and how he is further tanking the eagles chances of getting a good haul back. Nomatter how good you are how you go about **** costs value and right now watson has value for picks but not enough value to get a top 5 QB nomatter the age difference.
    I’m not assuming anything. Deshaun Watson is literally 7 years younger than Russell Wilson. That’s a fact. Your comment here perfectly lines up with what I’m saying. There’s no reason to believe that either will fall out of their prime at a younger or older age than the other. Father Time is undefeated though, everyone declines at some point. Chances are the guy that is 25 years old has more prime years left than the 32 year old.

By the way, who knows, maybe Russell Wilson is already exiting his prime? He did have a big dip in production the 2nd half of this year.

Brandon Marshall says Russell Wilson is trying to figure out ‘a classy way’ to leave the Seahawks
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Brandon Marshall says Russell Wilson is trying to figure out ‘a classy way’ to leave the Seahawks
    Damn, is crying about a known issue while being one of the highest paid players really the classy way to get out?

I'd for sure love NE to get involved if he forces himself available.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Damn, is crying about a known issue while being one of the highest paid players really the classy way to get out?
    Citation needed, in a lot of ways.

Russ said his comment about getting sacked less means the Seahawks as a whole need to do better on offense next year, including him.

Realistically a large percentage of Russ's sacks are due to his struggles with reading the defense and throwing the ball away versus scrambling and losing yards.

Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

I don’t think Wilson leaves Seattle. He may, but that situation seems fixable unlike others

Wilson was part of the problem this year yeah the offensive line is not that great but he has a hard time seeing the middle of the field it's why when the outside receivers are shut down the offense struggles.

I think this is just click bait for the off season though i don't think Wilson really wants to leave Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Wilson was part of the problem this year yeah the offensive line is not that great but he has a hard time seeing the middle of the field it's why when the outside receivers are shut down the offense struggles.

I think this is just click bait for the off season though i don't think Wilson really wants to leave Seattle.
    He likely neither wants to leave or wants to stay. Players don't give half as much a crap about their team as fanboys think they do.

Like you don't see Brady talking about how he wishes this SB win could have been with the Pats. He doesn't give a crap what team he is on. Russ doesn't either.

Russ is realizing he's slipping into Rodgers territory of like "yeah pretty good but didn't really do much" and knows he needs another SB win like ASAP for legacy purposes.

Sticking to traditions:

-Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    He likely neither wants to leave or wants to stay. Players don't give half as much a crap about their team as fanboys think they do.

Like you don't see Brady talking about how he wishes this SB win could have been with the Pats. He doesn't give a crap what team he is on. Russ doesn't either.

Russ is realizing he's slipping into Rodgers territory of like "yeah pretty good but didn't really do much" and knows he needs another SB win like ASAP for legacy purposes.
    I agree with you the whole loyalty bit but i just think his words are being parsed he isn't demanding out like Watson is.

It's funny how the perception is different between Wentz and Russ.

Russ is out there throwing his team under the bus, but he's just misunderstood.

Wentz is a big bully forcing his way out by saying nothing.

It's funny how the perception is different between Wentz and Russ.

Russ is out there throwing his team under the bus, but he's just misunderstood.

Wentz is a big bully forcing his way out by saying nothing.
    Not sure if you were referring to me or not but as i said he was part of the problem last season i am talking about the whole wanting to be traded part he never publicly said that the media is.

I don't think it was right of him to throw his offensive line under the bus either it's something you keep in house with the coaches.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 02-10-2021 at 02:50 PM.

Not sure if you were referring to me or not but as i said he was part of the problem last season i am talking about the whole wanting to be traded part he never publicly said that the media is.

I don't think it was right of him to throw his offensive line under the bus either it's something you keep in house with the coaches.
    Not you.

If Wilson was prototypical sized he'd be a generational QB. I think it took people a long time to realize his struggles seeing the middle of the field, but it's always been a weakness.

Russell Wilson trade destinations

If Russ wants out of Seattle now with these latest rumblings, which teams make the most sense for Russell Wilson to go to?

1- Indianapolis Colts...Indy...why? Being that one of Wilson’s main issues with the Seahawks organization is the amount of sacks he is taking behind a bad offensive line, Indianapolis makes perfect sense for him.

The Colts have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. This is why they were able to sign 38-year-old Phillip Rivers in 2020. Rivers was perhaps the least mobile quarterback in the league last year, but succeeded nonetheless due to a clean pocket. Indianapolis also has an emerging star at running back, some good wide receivers and an up-and-coming defense.

Not only does this trade make sense for Wilson and the Colts (who need a new quarterback after Rivers retired), but it would also be in the Seahawks’ best interest to send Wilson out of the conference. The Colts and the Seahawks do not have to see each other much, which needs to be taken into consideration if a star player is changing hands.

2- Philadelphia Eagles...why? Sure, the Eagles would have to give up a lot more in the trade to make up for Wentz’s nine figure salary and his declining pay, but that is exactly what the Seahawks would want if they have to give up Wilson. Seattle could end up with multiple first rounders and a reclamation project that could end up being worth his exorbitant price tag, if he returns to form.

On the flip side, the Eagles have receivers for Russell (if they can stay healthy) and an offense that is already being built for a mobile quarterback. Philadelphia is keen on giving the reins to running QB Jalen Hurts and Wilson is nothing but a proven version of him.

The main concern is the offensive line. Wentz took a lot of hits and was pressured constantly in 2020. Philly needs to shore that up if they are going to take full advantage of Wilson.

3- New York Jets...why? Besides being in a huge media market like New York; Now, the Jets need a metric ton of work and they will have to do a lot of it through the draft. Unfortunately, they would have to give up a wealth of their high-value picks to get the deal done with Seattle. However, Saleh will shore up the defense quickly, the offensive line is coming together and Wilson has made a living turning no-name receivers into borderline stars (see Tyler Lockett).

Seattle would surely get Sam Darnold in return for Wilson, along with plenty of picks. Darnold is a player, much like Wentz, who could pay huge dividends if he is given the right opportunity, which he never was in New York. Again, it makes sense for Seattle to trade Wilson out of the conference and they could see what they have in Darnold before using one of the Jets’ high picks on a quarterback.

The only hard sell here is convincing Wilson to play for the Jets, who need multiple positions revamped, while Seattle picks them clean of their hard-earned draft picks. But, the Jets and Seahawks have done business before (Jamal Adams trade) and it seemed to work out for both sides.

4- Jacksonville Jaguars especially if you trade Trevor Lawrence with the #1 pick as well as other slew of draft picks to Seattle in exchange for Russ; the Jaguars instantly get better in a win now scenario whereas the Seahawks can revamp and build around Trevor Lawrence...generational superstar quarterback in the making...it works out for both sides

5- Houston Texans especially if you trade Deshaun Watson in exchange for Russell Wilson in a straight 1 for 1 swap

If we were in on Stafford, I'd think we'd be in on Wilson. Not sure what I'd give, but definitely #8 + 2022 1st as a start.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast