Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 164
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,459
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Wilson is also 32.
    Watson is 25.
    i get that but 35 mill against the cap for both is 35 mill... one guy has basically come out and said everything he can to hate on his owner/team and now refuses to even talk to them.... when QBs are playing in their 37s and up to the point 32 is the new 28... what watson is doing and what **** is being spewed there is 0 chance houston gets russ and a first lol.Watson wants out.... getting russ for watson would cost them a first or picks because that is the best return they could get. We are talking about having to give up a top 10 QB who had a great year to get a top 5 QB that has been great every year and makes slightly less and doesnt want out or force his way out like watson has.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,519
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you cant actually believe this right?
    For people who have never watched football, like this guy, younger players have more value because they're not going to retire like Wilson is in a few years.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,459
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Wilson is better than Watson but Watson is also like 7 years younger. Watson might have like 10 years left of borderline elite QB play and Wilson might have like 3-4 years left. I’m assuming trading partners would take that into account.
    both guys have legs and yet one guy is the best deep thrower in the sport yet that doesnt matter? my god

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    For people who have never watched football, like this guy, younger players have more value because they're not going to retire like Wilson is in a few years.
    watson for the 900th time has done everything in his power to demand out... everything. Wilson has done nothing. Wilson is older but is the best deep throwing QB in the league watson isnt.... wilson has proven to do everything with literally nothing when everyone was injured 2 years ago where he him scored 37 of 38 touchdowns by himself which was a record.... yet somehow age matters over all of this when we have a 37 year old that just won mvp and a 43 year old that just won the superbowl... jesus christ.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,385
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i mean can you really blame him? but at the same time yes... its the same thing that happened with rodgers and will happen with mahomes and dak.... once you take that money you cant expect the same help you once had nomatter how great you are... its the way of the road. The grass wont be greener anywhere else either tbh and as much as i love him he was a massive issue the final 7 plus games and they didnt just lose all of their players or start calling stuff different. I have said all along the way they call plays when it comes to him he should be furious because their coaching staff including their head coach is insanely overrated... the dude will run/run/run when wilson is 12 for 12 his last 12 for 150 plus yards and 2 touchdowns and not realize when it comes to the mahomes/wilson/watson the play calling should be 65 percent pass to 35 percent run because you have insanely talented mobile QBs who can use their legs without taking away the pass if they see something open.

    he needs to man up period. You cant make 35 mill a year and then want the best players everywhere... Its why brady has as many rings as he does because he married rich and gave no ****s about what he was making because nomatter what he was making was always more than enough for anyone... he didnt need the 9 cars or 10 homes etc... he restructured constantly when they needed talent. Hate the dude but he just wanted championships and now he has 7
    Brady has at least 10 mansions/investment buildings and I'd bet anything he has at least 20 cars at any given moment lol. I just read an article about how he's made so much money flipping the mansions and condos he bought earlier in his career.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    42,516
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you cant actually believe this right? come on brother. Wilson is better and isnt ignoring his franchise/demanding to be traded and causing a major fiasco day in and day out per his people etc... yet somehow watson who refuses to play in houston and wants out and hates his owner etc will net wilson and a first when wilson hasnt really said anything at all and is better than watson???????? come on jesus christ

    If seattle called up houston right now and said wilson for watson houston would do that **** in a heartbeat before seattle even finished the sentence. You cant just take in play/contract which by the way BOTH FAVOR WILSON lmfao.... watson has the 2nd biggest ****ing contract and has **** all over his team for like 3 months and has never done anything wilson has and wilson himself has never demanded out or **** on his organization but somehow someway in your distoreted mind watson and a first gets wilson? lmfao
    Houston trades Watson, they’re in a rebuild. Why would they trade for Wilson in that case?

    Houston does not take that deal.

    Even if they weren’t in a rebuild, they’d still not do Wilson for Watson and a 1st.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,459
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Brady has at least 10 mansions/investment buildings and I'd bet anything he has at least 20 cars at any given moment lol. I just read an article about how he's made so much money flipping the mansions and condos he bought earlier in his career.
    i understand this but this is far easier when you are married to a woman worth hundreds of millions before you are worth 100 million... huge difference.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    42,516
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    watson for the 900th time has done everything in his power to demand out... everything. Wilson has done nothing. Wilson is older but is the best deep throwing QB in the league watson isnt.... wilson has proven to do everything with literally nothing when everyone was injured 2 years ago where he him scored 37 of 38 touchdowns by himself which was a record.... yet somehow age matters over all of this when we have a 37 year old that just won mvp and a 43 year old that just won the superbowl... jesus christ.
    I mean Watsons been pretty fantastic in his short career.

    Even is Wilson is better now and you say he plays another 10 years, would you rather have 10 years of Wilson or 17 years of Watson?

    It’s not about age as much as it’s about years.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,385
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    both guys have legs and yet one guy is the best deep thrower in the sport yet that doesnt matter? my god
    Dude, at his age and the way he closed the 2020 season, there's no way he's close to the value of Watson. He also had a better offense and team than Watson and is now complaining about his surroundings. It's really not a good look.

    No doubt, Wilson had some bad offenses in his career, but he also had an elite defense for like his first 5 years and he now has a great running game and one of the best WR duos in the league. There's no excuse for how he fell off.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,459
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Houston trades Watson, they’re in a rebuild. Why would they trade for Wilson in that case?

    Houston does not take that deal.

    Even if they weren’t in a rebuild, they’d still not do Wilson for Watson and a 1st.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    because their hands are tied.... you run a business right? they just traded their type wideout after being laughed at by everyone with insane backlash bu their fans... their QB wants out because their coach was a moron and he hates the owner... the owner just fired yet another one of the guys watson loves.. if you trade aay watson for picks right now GG all the money they are making and if you are the owner of a business and putting bank into the team you arent thinking about rebuilding... should they rebuild sure... but riddle me this... if every other contending team in football had a choice between wilson or watson for the same price who do they take? if you say watson just stop. Again the owner if he chooses to trade watson will only do so if he can get a top star QB back... the dude isnt about to lose a top Wideout and a top QB in less than 10 months and then trade JJ Watt and think the fans will show up.

    Its business and what watson has done they would be lucky to get wilson for watson and a first plus at this point

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,021
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i get that but 35 mill against the cap for both is 35 mill... one guy has basically come out and said everything he can to hate on his owner/team and now refuses to even talk to them.... when QBs are playing in their 37s and up to the point 32 is the new 28... what watson is doing and what **** is being spewed there is 0 chance houston gets russ and a first lol.Watson wants out.... getting russ for watson would cost them a first or picks because that is the best return they could get. We are talking about having to give up a top 10 QB who had a great year to get a top 5 QB that has been great every year and makes slightly less and doesnt want out or force his way out like watson has.
    Well a couple of things here:
    1 - In a vacuum that move makes no sense for either team. Houston gets older at QB going into a rebuild. Seattle gets younger at QB but still has holes glore.
    2 - Again, in a vacuum a younger player is always more valuable. Additionally Watson is under contract for 2 more years than Wilson, again adding value to Watson.
    3 - Seattle has a history of trading out of the 1st round anyways, so they likely don't value a late 1st all that much.
    4 - Watson may have been the 1st player to vocally want out of Houston, but he's hardly the first guy to want out of there. Read comments by former Texans who talk about how toxic the environment is. Then they go and fire almost anyone Watson liked in the franchise, drag their heels on interviewing a guy he likes, and hired a nobody to be their HC. If you think that makes him a bad guy I'd like to recommend a house on "Shut the **** up Lane" right next to Favre.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,459
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I mean Watsons been pretty fantastic in his short career.

    Even is Wilson is better now and you say he plays another 10 years, would you rather have 10 years of Wilson or 17 years of Watson?

    It’s not about age as much as it’s about years.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you are again ignoring that any package offered doesnt beat out wilson... right now the texans would take rodgers for wilson if that trade was on the table... they have leverage but the stock is dropping every day esp if the owner actually wants to get back a QB that is great... if he wants to take fine but that owner isnt going to tank and cost himself... imagine losing a top 5 wideout/top 7 QB and a tiop defender all in under 8 months as an owner and sell the fans on draft picks......

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,459
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Well a couple of things here:
    1 - In a vacuum that move makes no sense for either team. Houston gets older at QB going into a rebuild. Seattle gets younger at QB but still has holes glore.
    2 - Again, in a vacuum a younger player is always more valuable. Additionally Watson is under contract for 2 more years than Wilson, again adding value to Watson.
    3 - Seattle has a history of trading out of the 1st round anyways, so they likely don't value a late 1st all that much.
    4 - Watson may have been the 1st player to vocally want out of Houston, but he's hardly the first guy to want out of there. Read comments by former Texans who talk about how toxic the environment is. Then they go and fire almost anyone Watson liked in the franchise, drag their heels on interviewing a guy he likes, and hired a nobody to be their HC. If you think that makes him a bad guy I'd like to recommend a house on "Shut the **** up Lane" right next to Favre.
    all the reports out now is he is down right ignoring the owner and franchise and again same with wentz... with this many reports where there is smoke etc.... if i am the owner i ask for insane amounts of firsts and 2nds... but put yourself in the shoes of an owner and imagine trying to tell your fanbase we got rid of a top wideout/franchise/QB/JJ Watt and fired our head coach and we are now gonna tank for several years while trading a top QB and getting draft picks back........ good luck with that

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,021
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    all the reports out now is he is down right ignoring the owner and franchise and again same with wentz... with this many reports where there is smoke etc.... if i am the owner i ask for insane amounts of firsts and 2nds... but put yourself in the shoes of an owner and imagine trying to tell your fanbase we got rid of a top wideout/franchise/QB/JJ Watt and fired our head coach and we are now gonna tank for several years while trading a top QB and getting draft picks back........ good luck with that
    Try not hiring a scumbag **** person to head up your team then. I feel no sympathy for Cal McNair because firing Jack Easterby would solve all their problems.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,021
    I’m normally against players doing stuff like this but the more and more you read on this Easterby character the less and less you respect him and realize he should hold no power in a church let alone a football organization.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •