Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    So now the Mississippi SC decided to overturn the medical marijuana initiative which voters approved.

Why?

Somebody ****ing explain this **** to me? Voters clearly wanted this but the SC says **** you.
    Republicans are anti-democracy, simple as that
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Republicans are anti-democracy, simple as that
    Would the dems be willing to put laws against sanctuary cities on the ballot and live with the results???

Would the dems be willing to put open borders on the ballot and live with the results???

Would the dems be willing to let gun lawsw be put on the ballot and live with the results???

Would the dems be willing to let an abortion law be put on the ballot and live with the results???

Would the dems be willing to put pipeline construction on the ballot and live with the results???

Would the dems be willing to put offshore oil drilling on the ballot and live with the results???

Would the dems be willing to put the Green New Deal on the Ballot and live with the results???

Would the dems be willing to let no bail policies be put on the ballot and live with the results???

Just wondering which party is really "anti democracy."

Who's going to tell Mr. Rhino that USA is not a direct democracy? It doesn't seem to me that he understands that yet. Maybe you should stay away from PSD Politics for a few days and come back when you are a few percentage points more educated.

It is really funny watching you continuously try to hype up how "educated" you are. I'd say you are overcompensating for something or other.

I always wonder how they got the 16th Amendment passed (Income Tax). The way info is readily today, it would never have passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Would the dems be willing to put laws against sanctuary cities on the ballot and live with the results???

Would the dems be willing to put open borders on the ballot and live with the results???

Would the dems be willing to let gun lawsw be put on the ballot and live with the results???

Would the dems be willing to let an abortion law be put on the ballot and live with the results???

Would the dems be willing to put pipeline construction on the ballot and live with the results???

Would the dems be willing to put offshore oil drilling on the ballot and live with the results???

Would the dems be willing to put the Green New Deal on the Ballot and live with the results???

Would the dems be willing to let no bail policies be put on the ballot and live with the results???

I can't speak for all dems but I would be open to it.

Here let me quote Sitewolf on what happened in SD and then apparently it was also noted a vote overturned in Mississippi sc.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    No, we passed a constitutional amendment...not a bill, not a measure, a constitional amendment....and because she personally is against it, she utilized her own appointed judge to use a perceived loophole to try and PREVENT it from being enacted on July 1.

At minimum, even if she is unsuccessful, she's delayed things enough it's unlikely the legislature can get all the details necessary together by the date it would become active, July 1.

This is not a time to think party. I'M Republican (at least still registered as)....this should piss you off. The people voted, the governor is abusing her power to go against the vote.

So it is definitely the republican party based on the discussion at hand. You and a couple others seem to want to ignore the obvious of what happened.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-17-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I can't speak for all dems but I would be open to it.

Here let me quote Sitewolf on what happened in SD and then apparently it was also noted similar in Missisipi.

So it is definitely the republican party based on the discussion at hand. You and a couple others seem to want to ignore the obvious of what happened.
    I am not unaware as to what happened. This was covered about two weeks ago. Do I agree or disagree with it. I don't really know. I don't care if they legalize it or not.

Point is is that politicians are always doing stuff like this. Explain to me how we have sanctuary cities and states where mayors and governors do not turn lawbreakers over to the proper authorities. Explain no bail for committing a crime.

They do what they want in many cases. Vote them out and/or take them to the next highest court.

Is this where someone says "elections have consequences"?

I am not unaware as to what happened. This was covered about two weeks ago. Do I agree or disagree with it. I don't really know. I don't care if they legalize it or not.

Point is is that politicians are always doing stuff like this. Explain to me how we have sanctuary cities and states where mayors and governors do not turn lawbreakers over to the proper authorities. Explain no bail for committing a crime.

They do what they want in many cases. Vote them out and/or take them to the next highest court.
    Well, we're waiting for the state's Supreme Court to return their decision right now, after a hearing was held on April 28.

Parties aside, anyone who believes in democracy and that when people vote for something, that vote should count more than an elected official's personal beliefs. should be in favor of them coming back with a response allowing the public's voice to stand.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The issue isn't only over legalizing pot, it is about the entire idea of having votes on constitutional amendments and then after the fact if it doesn't go your way have an authoritarian type use their connections/tax payer $ to fight against what the people just voted for.

You whine non stop about much much much smaller things from like AOC. How many times have you referenced her degree and job prior? Compare the significance of your focus on BS like that to what this politician is actually doing and ask yourself why one bothers you so much more than the other? It's insane. This politician is going way over the top against her constituents and it is to control whether or not pot becomes legal.

If you are never going to let the change happen, don't waste the time and $ pretending to have a vote over it. It's amazing how many Republicans these days seem to be supporting people that keep on trying to just ignore vote/elections results and have whatever they want happen. This is very extreme behavior we are seeing from certain politicians and there seems to be 0 accountability. Those that even try to hold some accountable for lies over elections will get removed from their positions within the party as well.

We should absolutely be calling/voting these types of people out completely but instead you and others seem to support this behavior from some while having extreme standards towards other politicians not going to nearly the same extremes. I don't need to explain every individual policy you disagree with, this is about the bad things these individuals keep doing trying to ignore results from the people. How many seem to continue to have insane double standards around this type of stuff is getting frightening.

Absolutely. I think you’d be very disappointed though.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Absolutely. I think you’d be very disappointed though.
    Wrong twice on the same post.

I don't think the dems would be willing to accept losses on these topics.

and I don't believe many of these balliots would go the way you think they would.

Good job.

Wrong twice on the same post.

I don't think the dems would be willing to accept losses on these topics.

and I don't believe many of these balliots would go the way you think they would.

Good job.
    Polling shows many of those favor the Democratic proposals.

But of course you’ll have some long winded diatribe about how facts don’t matter, with some minorities are lazy and have no work ethic thrown in.

If you feel like ranting, go ahead and respond, just know we’ve all heard it and nobody is listening anymore

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    The issue isn't only over legalizing pot, it is about the entire idea of having votes on constitutional amendments and then after the fact if it doesn't go your way have an authoritarian type use their connections/tax payer $ to fight against what the people just voted for.

You whine non stop about much much much smaller things from like AOC. How many times have you referenced her degree and job prior? Compare the significance of your focus on BS like that to what this politician is actually doing and ask yourself why one bothers you so much more than the other? It's insane. This politician is going way over the top against her constituents and it is to control whether or not pot becomes legal.

If you are never going to let the change happen, don't waste the time and $ pretending to have a vote over it. It's amazing how many Republicans these days seem to be supporting people that keep on trying to just ignore vote/elections results and have whatever they want happen. This is very extreme behavior we are seeing from certain politicians and there seems to be 0 accountability. Those that even try to hold some accountable for lies over elections will get removed from their positions within the party as well.

We should absolutely be calling/voting these types of people out completely but instead you and others seem to support this behavior from some while having extreme standards towards other politicians not going to nearly the same extremes. I don't need to explain every individual policy you disagree with, this is about the bad things these individuals keep doing trying to ignore results from the people. How many seem to continue to have insane double standards around this type of stuff is getting frightening.
    Take her to court. There is a good chance you will win.I still think that that may happen.

My main point here is that this stuff happens more than you think. Sanctuary cities are local and state governments ignoring existing laws. Why doesn't that bother you??? Same with no bail. That's all OK with liberals. But touch the marijuana laws……well that/s just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Polling shows many of those favor the Democratic proposals.

But of course you’ll have some long winded diatribe about how facts don’t matter, with some minorities are lazy and have no work ethic thrown in.

If you feel like ranting, go ahead and respond, just know we’ve all heard it and nobody is listening anymore
    Polling showed that Hilly was a shoe in. Overwhelming favorite.

I'd say about half of the items I posted were pretty much common sense issues (I know, common sense means nothing here) that people would give a lot of thought to when standing at the polls.

But we'll never know. Liberals are too smart to allow many of these things to be determined by "the people."

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast