Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    agreed but I don't see a way out of gerrymandering short of a constitutional amendment
    I believe Congress can make the appropriate changes through laws. Maybe itís a constitutional thing but it seems the people are generally behind this change

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    I believe Congress can make the appropriate changes through laws. Maybe itís a constitutional thing but it seems the people are generally behind this change
    the people are behind a lot of things, but the people aren't in Congress, the people who would be negatively effected by such things are in Congress

and it was a constitutional amendment that our governor just fought to have struck down...and thus far is winning
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I tell ya, I've been spending time thinking about when, how, and where I'd like to retire...and her brand of governing is effecting thoughts of where.
    don't feel bad, Iowa is in the same boat, ol' kim toed the line to everything Trump said. she did almost nothing to try to slow down the virus, she finally put in a mask mandate in november and then rescinded it this past sunday and took away any kind of restrictions on gatherings and businesses, last time I knew Iowa was 47th in Vaccine distribution. She even has gotten the nickname Covid Kim.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Constitutional amendments are nearly impossible.

I still love my state and think it a great place to live.....but the government is royally pissing me off.

Our attorney general was at a fundraiser last September and on his return home on a rural highway he hit what he claimed he thought was a deer, even called 911, yet continued home. He'd hit and killed a man who was walking on the side of the road. When I originally saw the story I thought well, I know what it's like driving when it's pitch black other than where your headlights are shining, people hit deer all the time....but if I hit something and called 911, I don't just keep driving.

Well the investigation resulted in a trial.....only by the end, he was only given misdemeanors basically because supposedly he was sober but texting at the time.

Yet now we find out investigators found the victim's broken glasses on the passenger side floorboard of the AG's car, apparently meaning they had come through the windshield. I don't care how dark it is outside or how distracted I am texting, if I hit something and a face comes through my windshield, I know it was no damn deer.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/14/south-...ter-gop-event/

Sounds like a real piece of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sounds like a real piece of ****.
    well, he was elected the same time as my favorite governor

at least it appears he's going to get pushed out of office (we'll see) ....still a 'driving while texting' charge is hardly justice for the victim's family

at least it appears he's going to get pushed out of office (we'll see) ....still a 'driving while texting' charge is hardly justice for the victim's family
    Its people like this attorney general and Andrew Cuomo that should be able to unite both sides on common grounds of hatred for 2 despicable humans.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Just saw this:
    https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/s...477252610?s=19

Yup, supposedly....even though he's driving in the dark on a rural highway late at night, he's reading about the Joe Biden China thing at the time.

Firstly, he deserves worse than he's getting, BUT...this happened on Sept 12. We heard very little from our governor about it for months. In other words, had she called for his resignation, voters could have voted in a replacement in November. No, she waited until she could just appoint one herself. Plus, she's been getting videos and documents released that normally wouldn't be, to the point the courts just blocked her from releasig more. This from a woman who had 26 traffic violations including 1 of her 20 speeding tickets being at 94mph, another for no license, 6 notices for failure to appear, and 2 arrest warrants....before we elected her to the SENATE in 2008. Somehow we didn't hear about those until 2010 and somehow we ignored or forgot about them by 2018....because laws don't apply to her unless she wants them to.

Oh, and since he disagrees with her about overturning our Yes vote on legalizing marijuana, she has no more use for him. The only surprise at this point is why she didn't try and force his resignation in January.

Yup, supposedly....even though he's driving in the dark on a rural highway late at night, he's reading about the Joe Biden China thing at the time.

Firstly, he deserves worse than he's getting, BUT...this happened on Sept 12. We heard very little from our governor about it for months. In other words, had she called for his resignation, voters could have voted in a replacement in November. No, she waited until she could just appoint one herself. Plus, she's been getting videos and documents released that normally wouldn't be, to the point the courts just blocked her from releasig more. This from a woman who had 26 traffic violations including 1 of her 20 speeding tickets being at 94mph, another for no license, 6 notices for failure to appear, and 2 arrest warrants....before we elected her to the SENATE in 2008. Somehow we didn't hear about those until 2010 and somehow we ignored or forgot about them by 2018....because laws don't apply to her unless she wants them to.

Oh, and since he disagrees with her about overturning our Yes vote on legalizing marijuana, she has no more use for him. The only surprise at this point is why she didn't try and force his resignation in January.
    She is a piece of work at least we have that in common as far as governors go in our states.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    She is a piece of work at least we have that in common as far as governors go in our states.
    the difference is....I don't think yours is gearing up to make a run at national office, but I'm pretty sure mine is (and using taxpayer money to do it while withholding details of how much for 'security reasons')

I was blissfully ignorant of most of her crap until her Trumpism went into full bloom last summer.

the difference is....I don't think yours is gearing up to make a run at national office, but I'm pretty sure mine is (and using taxpayer money to do it while withholding details of how much for 'security reasons')

I was blissfully ignorant of most of her crap until her Trumpism went into full bloom last summer.
    I believe he was until this happen with the nursing homes and now the sexual harassment cases.

Now is a case where the dems better come up with a better guy in 2 years because if not they will lose the governorship in NY to the republicans.

Ahh so you hate her now because she likes Trump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Ahh so you hate her now because she likes Trump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think if a politician supports trump it's a red flag. It's a fair point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast