Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

SD governor is going against voters on marijuana, and winning

https://www.dakotanewsnow.com/2021/0...-constitution/

OK, this is just flat pissing me off.

While it thoroughly surprised me when it happened, South Dakota became the first state to approve BOTH medical AND recreational marijuana in the same election.

But Barbie Trump doesn't agree with it, far as I know has used taxpayer money to fight it.....and while most everyone thought 'yeah right, fight away you witch', today, the circuit court judge DID, in fact, rule the amendment unconstitutional.

WWWEENNNNCHHHHH!!!

My anger has virtually NOTHING to do with pot. I mean, if I want it I can get it. And, I could probably even get scripted for it medically.

But the voters spoke, the voters WANT it. Now THIS would be what I would call a stolen election. Granted, it will almost assuredly go to the Supreme Court, but NOW it's VOTERS who need a win to get it done......and we already VOTED.

I don't know how many of you care....but you SHOULD care about ACTUALLY having an election stolen. I mean, this isn't a case of voter fraud, this is blatant 'I don't like it, you can't have it' by a state's governor...........as if she hadn't ALREADY pissed us off enough these past months.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Yeah, that's pretty awful. Hopefully you guys show her the door the next time around.

There are certain social issues (marijuana being the biggest) where there is stubborn resistance from a lot of politicians despite near widespread approval by the public.

It is unfortunate that our representatives increasingly donít actually represent our views.

The drug war should have been cancelled 60 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    There are certain social issues (marijuana being the biggest) where there is stubborn resistance from a lot of politicians despite near widespread approval by the public.

It is unfortunate that our representatives increasingly donít actually represent our views.
    In this case, it was constitutional lawyers that PUT the amendment together. There were KNOWN NAMES behind it. There were virtually no NEGATIVE ads pre-election OTHER than one video by HER. The amendment passed by a larger margin than she was ELECTED by.

But she was still fighting freaking HEMP...and has now been using taxpayer money to fight an amendment those same taxpayers just voted in. It's been awhile since something pissed me off this much...I don't know who this circuit court judge is, but I'll be watching where they go next.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    In this case, it was constitutional lawyers that PUT the amendment together. There were KNOWN NAMES behind it. There were virtually no NEGATIVE ads pre-election OTHER than one video by HER. The amendment passed by a larger margin than she was ELECTED by.

But she was still fighting freaking HEMP...and has now been using taxpayer money to fight an amendment those same taxpayers just voted in. It's been awhile since something pissed me off this much...I don't know who this circuit court judge is, but I'll be watching where they go next.
    Doing you think this may be a catalyst in her not winning re-election?

Doing you think this may be a catalyst in her not winning re-election?
    gawd I hope so...she's been spinning further and further out of control for months now

but this state hasn't gone Dem for governor since the 70s and only about once every 20 years before that

This could literally make me decide to leave the state. Not because of this issue, but because of all the ways she's going about things.

gawd I hope so...she's been spinning further and further out of control for months now

but this state hasn't gone Dem for governor since the 70s and only about once every 20 years before that

This could literally make me decide to leave the state. Not because of this issue, but because of all the ways she's going about things.
    Do you live near the border where you could just hop over to Montana or North Dakota or Nebraska? Or would this be a get very far away scenario?

Do you live near the border where you could just hop over to Montana or North Dakota or Nebraska? Or would this be a get very far away scenario?
    I'm almost in Minnesota, but I'd been hoping to retire in the Black Hills...might become Montana, or Colorado, or...dunno

I'd put up with this **** before I'd move to North Dakota lol

All the politicians that are fighting against marijuana are fighting against the people and common sense. We need the House and Senate to vote on legislation to remove it from Schedule I and entirely legalize it.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

I'm almost in Minnesota, but I'd been hoping to retire in the Black Hills...might become Montana, or Colorado, or...dunno

I'd put up with this **** before I'd move to North Dakota lol

oh, and I forgot to mention that she's also been constantly asked to report her expenses for all her trips campaigning for Trump, etc, and has repeatedly shot down those requests stating security risks, like if it was publicly known how much or little was being spent it would make her more vulnerable......how she's getting away with THAT I have no idea either....

oh, and I forgot to mention that she's also been constantly asked to report her expenses for all her trips campaigning for Trump, etc, and has repeatedly shot down those requests stating security risks, like if it was publicly known how much or little was being spent it would make her more vulnerable......how she's getting away with THAT I have no idea either....
    because the people are allowing it to happen. they are the ones that voted her in. they are the ones voting in the people in the state house and senate who would be the ones doing the checks and balances.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    because the people are allowing it to happen. they are the ones that voted her in. they are the ones voting in the people in the state house and senate who would be the ones doing the checks and balances.
    she hadn't been completely Trumpified when she got elected

So now it's becoming evident this has been planned for years. In 2018 there was a seemingly innocuous amendment that basically just said there could only be one subject in further amendments, 'to simplify things for the voter'. And now they're using THAT to attempt to kill THIS amendment. This one legalized marijuana, set the Dept of Revenue as the authority to issue licenses, and set a 15% tax......and they're calling that 3 subjects (as if splitting them into 3 amendments to vote on would've made ANY sense whatsoever)

https://www.dakotanewsnow.com/2021/0...-constitution/

OK, this is just flat pissing me off.

While it thoroughly surprised me when it happened, South Dakota became the first state to approve BOTH medical AND recreational marijuana in the same election.

But Barbie Trump doesn't agree with it, far as I know has used taxpayer money to fight it.....and while most everyone thought 'yeah right, fight away you witch', today, the circuit court judge DID, in fact, rule the amendment unconstitutional.

WWWEENNNNCHHHHH!!!

My anger has virtually NOTHING to do with pot. I mean, if I want it I can get it. And, I could probably even get scripted for it medically.

But the voters spoke, the voters WANT it. Now THIS would be what I would call a stolen election. Granted, it will almost assuredly go to the Supreme Court, but NOW it's VOTERS who need a win to get it done......and we already VOTED.

I don't know how many of you care....but you SHOULD care about ACTUALLY having an election stolen. I mean, this isn't a case of voter fraud, this is blatant 'I don't like it, you can't have it' by a state's governor...........as if she hadn't ALREADY pissed us off enough these past months.
    You get what you voted for.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast