Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter celebrate 75th anniversary.

Congrats to them on reaching their 75th wedding anniversary. Not too many make it this far. It's an amazing accomplishment.

IMO, President Carter should be thought of as the last honest president. He won the presidency in 1976 with no corporate donors. He's a class act too since he's helped built countless number of homes for poor people with his philanthropic Habitat for Humanity since leaving the presidency.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 07-07-2021 at 04:35 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Jimmy was a better president than history gives him credit for.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Jimmy was a better president than history gives him credit for.
    Perhaps, but his was still not a particularly good administration. Was he in over his head?

The man Jimmy Carter, on the other hand, is beyond reproach, and this anniversary is well deserved for him and his wife.

I was driving thru Georgia one time when I saw a sign for Plains. So I went there to see what the town was like since JC came from there. I found it uplifting that someone from a small town like that could rise to be prez.

He was also the last dem I voted for for prez. He struck me as an honest man. There was an article a few years ago in some magazine (Parade???) where his Secret Service detail spoke very highly of him and his retired life in Plains.

All in all he was a good guy.

Happy Anniversary Jimmie and Rosalynn.

Jimmy is the shining light of moral and honorable politicians. They are rare indeed.

Unfortunately being a good person is not a path to "success" in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Perhaps, but his was still not a particularly good administration. Was he in over his head?

The man Jimmy Carter, on the other hand, is beyond reproach, and this anniversary is well deserved for him and his wife.
    Considering the warmongers, oil industry, the Israelites lobbyists, and others who were against him, he has done well by standing by his principles. Also, he didn't bomb anyone, which many presidents can't lay claim to. I still remember the first thing Reagan did when he entered the White House was tear down the solar panels on its roof. A large symbolic act in hindsight.

The same forces that rule Congress than are ruling now, come to think of it.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-07-2021 at 11:37 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Oh, God bless you, Jimmy and Rosalyn, y'all did well. Love his no-nonsense mother and good ole boy brother Billy as well. Folks I can relate to. If I had a can of Billy Beer I would toast you.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-07-2021 at 11:48 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Happy Anniversary!