Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455
Results 811 to 823 of 823
  1. #811
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,136
    Why do we need a UBI? I know it's a demo, but I've seen stuff like this in live warehouses that used to have 1000 employees. Unloading trucks was a job all my friends had in college because you had maximum hours flexibility and the pay was decent even if it did ruin you physically.

    It's a calculation that every business does. As costs of having humans involved go up and the price of machines goes down the tipping point moves lower and lower.

    https://youtu.be/yYUuWWnfRsk

  2. #812
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,519
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Still a classist jerk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Still no sense of humor …… or reality.

  3. #813
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Why do we need a UBI? I know it's a demo, but I've seen stuff like this in live warehouses that used to have 1000 employees. Unloading trucks was a job all my friends had in college because you had maximum hours flexibility and the pay was decent even if it did ruin you physically.

    It's a calculation that every business does. As costs of having humans involved go up and the price of machines goes down the tipping point moves lower and lower.

    https://youtu.be/yYUuWWnfRsk
    Ba do boom, ba da bing.

    And what you illustrated pertains to manual, unskilled labor. So why do we need a few thousand people a day entering thru our southern border???

  4. #814
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Ba do boom, ba da bing.

    And what you illustrated pertains to manual, unskilled labor. So why do we need a few thousand people a day entering thru our southern border???
    It doesn’t only apply to manual or unskilled labor. As machines and computers get more sophisticated even skilled labor is going to become obsolete.

  5. #815
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I admit I have no idea what you are talking about troll.
    I know, that's what makes it so funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  6. #816
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Ba do boom, ba da bing.

    And what you illustrated pertains to manual, unskilled labor. So why do we need a few thousand people a day entering thru our southern border???
    We need immigrants because:

    1. without them our population shrinks
    2. we need new ideas
    3. we have no idea where the great ideas come from

  7. #817
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,136
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I know, that's what makes it so funny.
    Took you two weeks for that scintillating come back troll?

  8. #818
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I support the $15 minimum wage.

    But with provisos………

    The hamburger must be centered on the bun and not sticking out the edge on one side.

    Pickle chips must be evenly distributed on the hamburger.

    Onions and tomatoes must be centered on the pickle chips.

    The lettuce cannot be too leafy. (Note: since lettuce, by its nature, is not symmetrical, it is acceptable if it is somewhat unbalanced in its placement [but not overly so])

    The cheese must be placed in such as way as to have all four corners stick out evenly on the roll. Many people like to nibble on the little cheese corners that stick out from the bun. This may help:
    https://geometryhelp.net/circle-inscribed-square.
    If this is an attempt at humor, it's time for you to go back to the drawing board.

  9. #819
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Still no sense of humor …… or reality.
    He has enough of a sense of humor to realize your joke was lame af.

  10. #820
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Took you two weeks for that scintillating come back troll?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  11. #821
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,519
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It doesn’t only apply to manual or unskilled labor. As machines and computers get more sophisticated even skilled labor is going to become obsolete.
    This is true. But the inskilled and manual labor jobs would be the first to go/.

  12. #822
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    We need immigrants because:

    1. without them our population shrinks
    2. we need new ideas
    3. we have no idea where the great ideas come from
    1. We need it to stabilize……I'd say the 330 - 350 million number is about right.
    2. We will still get new ideas from those that are here.
    3. See #2.

  13. #823
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    1. We need it to stabilize……I'd say the 330 - 350 million number is about right.
    2. We will still get new ideas from those that are here.
    3. See #2.
    The people in the US are not reproducing enough to increase the population. To stabilize it we need immigrants. Outside viewpoints are useful, they are not the only useful viewpoints but they are still useful.

    All that said, I absolutely support a secure border and a means to manage immigration FAR better than we are.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •