Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 705 of 823
  1. #691
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,129
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    And the mega plex casinos thank you for making them richer and richer with you playing more and more against the odds which lines their pockets.
    Let me guess, you prefer blackjack tables when it's just you and the dealer?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  2. #692
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Nope, not republican.
    I believe you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  3. #693
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,129
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Good for you (and I mean that genuinely) regarding promoting small businesses. Certainly, I could do more than I do, but I also live in a town of 700 so there's not much actual local. Still, I try when I can to spend money locally in the nearby town I do more of my shopping in. I'm more of a word of mouth guy than social media, tho, but not sure where you got that I don't promote local business (I have multiple family and friends who OWN local businesses, I guarantee I spend money and promote those).

    You say I both support $15 minimum and don't, which is simply untrue. I have NEVER thought jumping from $7.25 to $15 in one shot was a good idea, admitted not initially realizing the proposal was to move to $9.50 and increment up from there by 2025. When asked, I suggested moving to $11 and adding $1/yr.

    But I've also pointed out that there could be negative effects of a significant increase, in part because raising the minimum also effects employees making more than the minimum, which then puts further pressure on employers.

    You're a small business proponent. What do you think might happen if the owner of Big Paws is mandated to noticeably increase the pay of all their employees? Let's say they have 4 employees- 2 below the new minimum and 2 at the new minimum. What happens when the 1st 2 have to have a noticeable increase. Is he going to be able to keep the other 2 if they don't also get a raise? So, he has to give all 4 a raise. Where is that money coming from? His net profits, right? So in order for HIM to not lose income, he has 3 choices- increase sales, increase prices, or reduce expenses...and assumedly he's already reduced other expenses so the next expenses to reduce are payroll- meaning fewer employees or fewer hours or fewer benefits.

    But again, I have consistently said the minimum should absolutely go up and that it should never take 12 years for it to happen again, I have just also consistently said there are both pros and cons to doing it.

    We're all just hear spinning our opinions. We don't post about everything we're doing when we're not posting here. As it happens, I've been involved with a group that's arranging direct conversations with our congressmen or members of their staffs specifically TO talk about what actions we'd like to see.

    I hope THAT'S clear.
    It's not. Not at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  4. #694
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,969
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Let me guess, you prefer blackjack tables when it's just you and the dealer?
    I don't care who sits at the table. Don't care if they make good moves or bad moves. It affects my hand not one iota. The only losers at the table are the ones that believe in the fallacy that how someone plays their hand affects the odds of others. It does not. But for those that express that are not only jerks but build these wonderful casinos as they have no clue on how the game is truly played. They give the house more and more edge and that at least is some small conciliation for those that have to put up with the jerk that belittles others.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  5. #695
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,087
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I believe you.
    Not that it will stop your trolling but:

    I'm pro-choice, pro UBI, pro universal voting, pro universal health care, pro increasing the minimum wage, pro ending regressive taxes on the poor, pro drug legalization, pro prisons being only for violent crime and they should be focused on rehab not punishment, pro defunding the police by requiring any money they collect being giving to local charities for the community, pro getting money out of government, I believe in equal opportunity and equality for all, that we should have a maximum income difference from the bottom to the top, and that wall street needs to be kicked in the balls.

    Which of those positions makes me republican?

  6. #696
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,129
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I don't care who sits at the table. Don't care if they make good moves or bad moves. It affects my hand not one iota. The only losers at the table are the ones that believe in the fallacy that how someone plays their hand affects the odds of others. It does not. But for those that express that are not only jerks but build these wonderful casinos as they have no clue on how the game is truly played. They give the house more and more edge and that at least is some small conciliation for those that have to put up with the jerk that belittles others.
    Let me guess, you never win at blackjack AND people leave the table after you play a few hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  7. #697
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Not that it will stop your trolling but:

    I'm pro-choice, pro UBI, pro universal voting, pro universal health care, pro increasing the minimum wage, pro ending regressive taxes on the poor, pro drug legalization, pro prisons being only for violent crime and they should be focused on rehab not punishment, pro defunding the police by requiring any money they collect being giving to local charities for the community, pro getting money out of government, I believe in equal opportunity and equality for all, that we should have a maximum income difference from the bottom to the top, and that wall street needs to be kicked in the balls.

    Which of those positions makes me republican?
    Do you support the right to protest while at the same time being against looting?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  8. #698
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,969
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Let me guess, you never win at blackjack AND people leave the table after you play a few hands.
    Not at all, but when I find someone like you, I will totally blow a few hands to get you to leave. The applause for folks including dealers and pit bosses is totally worth it.

    You are entitled to believe what you want, but you are the ones that build the casinos faster than anyone. Ignorance is king to businesses.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  9. #699
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,129
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Not at all, but when I find someone like you, I will totally blow a few hands to get you to leave. The applause for folks including dealers and pit bosses is totally worth it.

    You are entitled to believe what you want, but you are the ones that build the casinos faster than anyone. Ignorance is king to businesses.
    Must be a very good blackjack player if you lose hands on purpose in order to clear a table...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  10. #700
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,969
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Must be a very good blackjack player if you lose hands on purpose in order to clear a table...
    Only the jerks leave. Thankfully there aren't many out there.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  11. #701
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,317
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Let me guess, you prefer blackjack tables when it's just you and the dealer?
    I can at times. Mainly when the alternative is a table filled with drunk, clueless people who are just there to have fun and blow some money. A table full of competent players and/or friends would be preferable though.

  12. #702
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,317
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I don't care who sits at the table. Don't care if they make good moves or bad moves. It affects my hand not one iota. The only losers at the table are the ones that believe in the fallacy that how someone plays their hand affects the odds of others. It does not. But for those that express that are not only jerks but build these wonderful casinos as they have no clue on how the game is truly played. They give the house more and more edge and that at least is some small conciliation for those that have to put up with the jerk that belittles others.
    Oh my ****ing goodness. You are so laughably clueless. Thank you for highlighting and underlining this inescapable fact.

  13. #703
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,317
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Let me guess, you never win at blackjack AND people leave the table after you play a few hands.
    Dude has the most laughably clueless takes on so many subjects. It's almost impressive.

  14. #704
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,317
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Not at all, but when I find someone like you, I will totally blow a few hands to get you to leave. The applause for folks including dealers and pit bosses is totally worth it.

    You are entitled to believe what you want, but you are the ones that build the casinos faster than anyone. Ignorance is king to businesses.
    ....and the unintentional comedy continues!

  15. #705
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,874
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I don't care who sits at the table. Don't care if they make good moves or bad moves. It affects my hand not one iota. The only losers at the table are the ones that believe in the fallacy that how someone plays their hand affects the odds of others. It does not. But for those that express that are not only jerks but build these wonderful casinos as they have no clue on how the game is truly played. They give the house more and more edge and that at least is some small conciliation for those that have to put up with the jerk that belittles others.
    How people play def. matters. If you hit on a bust card when you have 16 and you take a face card then the entire rest of the schute is affected


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •