Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    When Iím in the hospital, part of a nurses job is to bring me a cup of water from time to time.

Iím not putting down nurses. Their overall job is quite difficult and not one I could do but some of the tasks they perform as part of their job are menial.
    In order to get a job as a nurse, one must pass state license exams. In order to pass the license exam one must know the basics of the job -- in many different areas from pediatrics and OB to geriatrics and hospice. The only way to get the basics is to attend classes, either on-line or in person.
    As I said, I learned more the first year I worked as a nurse than I did in school, but to get the job, I needed the classroom time.
    And yes, part of the nurse's job is to be sure patients are hydrated properly.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    In order to get a job as a nurse, one must pass state license exams. In order to pass the license exam one must know the basics of the job -- in many different areas from pediatrics and OB to geriatrics and hospice. The only way to get the basics is to attend classes, either on-line or in person.
    As I said, I learned more the first year I worked as a nurse than I did in school, but to get the job, I needed the classroom time.
    Doesn't every job have "low IQ" tasks?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Do you think they should get rid of the classes and degrees necessary and just make it so everyone can take the test and if they pass they go right into the job?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Seriously? Are you going to suggest the same can't be said about other jobs? Like EVERY SINGLE ONE including yours?
    Maybe not every job. But many jobs require menial tasks, especially in small businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    EBITA is a joke. An arbitrary equation made up by investment firms and suppliers.
    So the question was what adjustments would you make and it appear you wouldn't. How would you value a company if you were going to buy or sell a company outright?
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, it's a tool that has its uses. It just shouldn't be THE tool for valuations
    Its the adjustments that you would make to value your investment selling or buying, outright, but your right, its not fair for you to answer.

🙌

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    EBITA is a joke. An arbitrary equation made up by investment firms and suppliers.
    So answer the fun and giggles part of the question

🙌

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Maybe elephant poop, but properly maneuvering a patient who isnt self sufficient is something I definitely consider to be a skill.

I do not look down at nurses at all. They are the backbone of our health care system.
    I'm a parent and I've cleaned a lot of poop off of my loved ones. It's still menial. There is no prestige to cleaning crap. This is just your new stupid hill you've chosen to die on.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Do you think they should get rid of the classes and degrees necessary and just make it so everyone can take the test and if they pass they go right into the job?
    It would be similar to allowing just anyone to take the Bar Association exam. The chances of passing would be about the same.

It would be similar to allowing just anyone to take the Bar Association exam. The chances of passing would be about the same.
    Honestly, even though Iím in the legal profession with aspirations of becoming a lawyer, I think itís more important for medical professionals to go through schooling than Lawyers to go to Law School. The Law is easier than Medicine imo.

I agree with this. It is not likely a person will die just because a lawyer makes a poor decision on what defense to use in a case. In the medical field, mistakes can cost lives directly.

$15/hr Minimum Wage -- Good of Bad?

I agree with this. It is not likely a person will die just because a lawyer makes a poor decision on what defense to use in a case. In the medical field, mistakes can cost lives directly.
    Despite our disagreements I definitely respect your craft and don't think I could handle it well. Kudos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Despite our disagreements I definitely respect your craft and don't think I could handle it well. Kudos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Amen to the bold. I can handle basic things for my immediate family only.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I'm a parent and I've cleaned a lot of poop off of my loved ones. It's still menial. There is no prestige to cleaning crap. This is just your new stupid hill you've chosen to die on.
    I've actually worked with and maneuvered elderly patients, many with numerous comorbidities. It's a lit more difficult than hour realize. Sometimes it takes up to 3 people.

Ita not an Amazon package you just throw in the back of the van. It's a person.

I dont know what you mean by hill to die on, but I stand by what I said.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

A lawyer working for an insurance company or a corporation will vet the policy on when they don't pay and make sure they can defend it, I am sure many of those polices have lead to deaths over the years and the lawyer is the one protecting the company over the patient

🙌

Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast