Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post

Also, how does one communicate financially?
    What I should have said is "Communicate about financial matters with high level of understanding"

But seeing as everyone is enjoying the laugh answer me this from what you learned in college without using the internet or textbooks

What adjustments would you make to EBITA if you are going to buy or sell a business to determine free cash flow.

And for fun and giggles in a approximate number how much would you need to put in a slot machine that paid out 97% to walk away with $97?
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

In no way does NOT having a degree mean one can't do well for themselves, communicate well, etc etc.
    What an education DOES do is give someone higher ODDS of doing well for themselves.

I've met some extremely smart people who were uber successful and barely finished high school, and I've met some absolute morons who somehow earned degrees. It's not always WHAT education you have it's how well you USE it and how well you translate it to your real life experience.

Given I'm an accountant, I'll let others take a stab at EBITA. Personally, i think it lacks a little.depending on the industry.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    In no way does NOT having a degree mean one can't do well for themselves, communicate well, etc etc.
    What an education DOES do is give someone higher ODDS of doing well for themselves.

I've met some extremely smart people who were uber successful and barely finished high school, and I've met some absolute morons who somehow earned degrees. It's not always WHAT education you have it's how well you USE it and how well you translate it to your real life experience.

Given I'm an accountant, I'll let others take a stab at EBITA. Personally, i think it lacks a little.depending on the industry.
    EBITA is a joke. An arbitrary equation made up by investment firms and suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Not really. I've seen nurses do a lot of things, I cant think of one thing from the top of my head I would consider menial.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I was in the hospital for like a week one time. Around the middle of the week they moved an old man who looked like he has forgot to die in next to me. Anyway the man couldnt stop pooping in his pants. The nurses would tell him to page them and theyd help him to the bathroom but every 10 minutes or so hed let out an Ole Damn! And the room would smell like *******. Every time Id have to page the nurses to come clean him and the room.

Nurses do a lot. Some are just as qualified as doctors. But they also do a lot of menial tasks as part of their job. Its incredible work.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I was in the hospital for like a week one time. Around the middle of the week they moved an old man who looked like he has forgot to die in next to me. Anyway the man couldnt stop pooping in his pants. The nurses would tell him to page them and theyd help him to the bathroom but every 10 minutes or so hed let out an Ole Damn! And the room would smell like *******. Every time Id have to page the nurses to come clean him and the room.

Nurses do a lot. Some are just as qualified as doctors. But they also do a lot of menial tasks as part of their job. Its incredible work.
    Taking care of an elderly person is not menial, it actually requires a lot. Not everyone can do it.

Taking care of an elderly person is not menial, it actually requires a lot. Not everyone can do it.

Be more specific. Yes, taking care of an elderly person is not menial, obviously. The simple task of cleaning up his **** is about as menial as it gets. Nurses have many tasks they perform. Some are difficult. Some are strenuous. But some are menial.

$15/hr Minimum Wage -- Good of Bad?

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    What I should have said is "Communicate about financial matters with high level of understanding"

But seeing as everyone is enjoying the laugh answer me this from what you learned in college without using the internet or textbooks

What adjustments would you make to EBITA if you are going to buy or sell a business to determine free cash flow.

And for fun and giggles in a approximate number how much would you need to put in a slot machine that paid out 97% to walk away with $97?
    Thank you thats what I thought. You understand finance and can clearly communicate about it, but you dont communicate financially.

Be more specific. Yes, taking care of an elderly person is not menial, obviously. The simple task of cleaning up his **** is about as menial as it gets. Nurses have many tasks they perform. Some are difficult. Some are strenuous. But some are menial.
    cleaning elderly patients is not menial, its pretty tough.

I couldn't do it. I wouldn't be ok with just anyone doing it if it were my family. I'd want a legit caretaker.

cleaning elderly patients is not menial, its pretty tough.

I couldn't do it. I wouldn't be ok with just anyone doing it if it were my family. I'd want a legit caretaker.

Menial means jobs that don't require great skill and that are looked down on. Cleaning up poop IS menial.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Menial means jobs that don't require great skill and that are looked down on. Cleaning up poop IS menial.
    Maybe elephant poop, but properly maneuvering a patient who isnt self sufficient is something I definitely consider to be a skill.

I do not look down at nurses at all. They are the backbone of our health care system.

Maybe elephant poop, but properly maneuvering a patient who isnt self sufficient is something I definitely consider to be a skill.

I do not look down at nurses at all. They are the backbone of our health care system.

When Im in the hospital, part of a nurses job is to bring me a cup of water from time to time.

Im not putting down nurses. Their overall job is quite difficult and not one I could do but some of the tasks they perform as part of their job are menial.

When Im in the hospital, part of a nurses job is to bring me a cup of water from time to time.

Im not putting down nurses. Their overall job is quite difficult and not one I could do but some of the tasks they perform as part of their job are menial.
    lol, ok, you got it.

Seriously? Are you going to suggest the same can't be said about other jobs? Like EVERY SINGLE ONE including yours?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    to us having some things in common.
    It's rare, but I am with you, I'll take it.
    Do I use any of the higher level of math? Nope. Does it help me in thinking? Heck yeah it does.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    EBITA is a joke. An arbitrary equation made up by investment firms and suppliers.
    I wouldn't go that far, it's a tool that has its uses. It just shouldn't be THE tool for valuations

Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast