Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    which brings us back to what people think a living wage should be...
    Should a person be able to afford to buy a house while working for minimum wage?
    I'd be fine settling on $11 an hour, but that's not based on anything concrete, it's basically just the middle between what's current and $15.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Well read people are more skilled communicators and are more likely to develop other transferable skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a high school diploma, no college degree, I think I can communicate both technically, financially, socially with out any issues, although I am no longer fluent I used to speak 3 languages besides English. A college degree does not assume the ability to write clear and concise statements that are easily understood. I have had many college graduates that had horrible writing skills
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

$15/hr Minimum Wage -- Good of Bad?

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    I have a high school diploma, no college degree, I think I can communicate both technically, financially, socially with out any issues, although I am no longer fluent I used to speak 3 languages besides English. A college degree does not assume the ability to write clear and concise statements that are easily understood. I have had many college graduates that had horrible writing skills
    Perhaps a college degree would have helped you formulate your first sentence to actually be a sentence that doesnít have numerous errors.

Also, how does one communicate financially?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I'd be fine settling on $11 an hour, but that's not based on anything concrete, it's basically just the middle between what's current and $15.
    Name me any semi big corporation that starts out at 7.25 per hour anymore

In this economy most places are at 9-10 per hour starting

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Name me any semi big corporation that starts out at 7.25 per hour anymore

In this economy most places are at 9-10 per hour starting
    Thatís a fair point. But if nobody is paying $7.25, why are you conceded with raising it? Also, $9 an hour is $18,000 a year, nobody is buying a house and living off that without some assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Thatís a fair point. But if nobody is paying $7.25, why are you conceded with raising it? Also, $9 an hour is $18,000 a year, nobody is buying a house and living off that without some assistance.
    Iíve said I have no problems with going to $10 per hour but $15 isnít realistic

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Perhaps a college degree would have helped you formulate your first sentence to actually be a sentence that doesnít have numerous errors.

1st bold - or using spell and or grammar check in a word processor like I normally do, or not posting and running out the door without preview.

2nd Bold -Reading and understanding financial statements, understanding risk vs reward in pricing, understanding margins, markups, and numerous metrics on measuring productivity in one of a kind manufacturing where there is no consistent relationship between material, labor and variable overhead costs.

ROI justification internally and for debt on capital improvements, being able to develop and present a capital budget.

Understanding tax savings and ebita implications and adjusted ebita and how that affects value.

How to determine market price in closed bid system with incomplete information based on analysis of the recent past.

Implement and maintain a system that brings one of a kind manufacturing costs within 2% of estimated cost.

Sell that system to my competitors nationwide.

🙌

My brother stopped at In-and-Out in the bay area today, help wanted $18 per hour to start, shift workers $22 per hour, Mickey D had the same help wanted rates.

🙌

$15/hr Minimum Wage -- Good of Bad?

I did not say you couldnt have those skills without a college degree. The poster I was responding to made as if being well read did not help people have work skills. I don't think all work skills are measurable skills like how many words you can type or what facts you know. There are many life experiences not directly related to the type of work you do that might prepare you for it.

Last edited by ewing; 03-02-2021 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

My brother stopped at In-and-Out in the bay area today, help wanted $18 per hour to start, shift workers $22 per hour, Mickey D had the same help wanted rates.
    Kind of have to considering how expensive California is to live. Even those wages mean it would take 2 jobs or multiple roommates to rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post

Money talks. Everyone knows that

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Yup. That's still absolute poverty in the Bay Area though.

Ok I laughed out loud at that.

So it looks like most min wage workers are single and under 25 and most of them are in food service and in 2019 it was 1.9% of workers but the 1.9 is obviously skewed lower by states with higher than federal min wage.

vhttps://www.bls.gov/opub/reports/mi.../2019/home.htm

🙌

Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast