Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    In no way was I putting down nurses. I couldn’t do any job in the medical field. My point is in 2020 we carry computers in our pockets. If you wanted to learn the basics of nursing, you could do so without spending a fortune to earn a degree.
    Did you learn to swim from a book too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I know nurses do co-op placements while in college. Most medical professionals do. Why couldn’t this be done without college though?
    Call it whatever you want. They are going to need, teachers, labs, books or other instructional materials.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Monk did! lol if you watched that show and saw that episode
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Of course you do. Where are you going that they don't have both?
    Typically nurses get a college degree. However, there are nurses who were “grandfathered” in not needing a degree. Those nurses started out in some low level position in the hospital and worked their way up to nurse. My point is, while modern day nurses were writing essays on English literature or taking multiple choice tests on World History, nurses who were grandfathered were learning their job in an actual hospital.

I mean, a $687 mortgage is $8,244 a year. someone who makes $11 on a 40 hour workweek makes $22,880. Meaning their mortgage payment is 35% of their gross pay. After the mortgage is taken out, they are at $14,636 gross pay. That means they have $1,220 a month for utilities, food, gas, taxes, etc.

It's possible, but I'd venture to say most who make $11 would probably need some help to afford a house.
    yeah, there's been a 28% 'rule' for years....over that and you may not get a loan anyway, maybe as a first time home buyer.......the other part being finding a $100,000 house (which is likely in a small town, or is a modular home where you don't own the land so have least payment for that, or a trailer house)

but the question is....should someone making minimum wage BE buying a house? or are we working towards not just universal healthcare but universal home ownership....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

No I learned by jumping in a pool. You realize, you’re making my point?

Typically nurses get a college degree. However, there are nurses who were “grandfathered” in not needing a degree. Those nurses started out in some low level position in the hospital and worked their way up to nurse. My point is, while modern day nurses were writing essays on English literature or taking multiple choice tests on World History, nurses who were grandfathered were learning their job in an actual hospital.
    Yes, but the ones writing essays are the ones much more knowledgable on medicine.

Would you rather a nurse learn the signs of and reference range for something like ketoacidosis before stepping into a hospital or while on the job? If on the job, would you want to be her first keto patient?

You're not necessarily taking into account amount and complexity of knowledge required for these jobs. Dr. Google can only do so much.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Sorry that you have not owned a home or just bought one "recently"
    There is no shortage of ridiculous nonsense when it comes to your contributions to this site.

So you’d rather someone start at a low level job and work their way up to the requisite knowledge over decades rather than get a 2-4 year Degree?

I would take someone who obtained a 2 year nursing degree and has zero experience than someone who has zero education but 2 years experience. 2-4 years isn’t enough experience to make you a master at your craft. You’re acting like their schooling takes 10 years...

$15/hr Minimum Wage -- Good of Bad?

No I learned by jumping in a pool. You realize, you’re making my point?
    You point was “that we carry computers in our pockets” remember?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes, but the ones writing essays are the ones much more knowledgable on medicine.

Would you rather a nurse learn the signs of and reference range for something like ketoacidosis before stepping into a hospital or while on the job? If on the job, would you want to be her first keto patient?

You're not necessarily taking into account amount and complexity of knowledge required for these jobs. Dr. Google can only do so much.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I’m saying most people learn by doing rather than reading and for those few who learn by reading, the information is readily available.

So you’d rather someone start at a low level job and work their way up to the requisite knowledge over decades rather than get a 2-4 year Degree?

I would take someone who obtained a 2 year nursing degree and has zero experience than someone who has zero education but 2 years experience. 2-4 years isn’t enough experience to make you a master at your craft. You’re acting like their schooling takes 10 years...
    So tell me how learning about the poetry of emily Dickinson in an advanced female studies elective teaches one about nursing?

In your 4 your nursing degree, maybe the last year/year 1/2 is on actual nursing. The rest is on useless bulls***

So tell me how learning about the poetry of emily Dickinson in an advanced female studies elective teaches one about nursing?

In your 4 your nursing degree, maybe the last year/year 1/2 is on actual nursing. The rest is on useless bulls***
    Tell me how emptying the garbage as you work your way up the hospital jobs helps you be a nurse?

Most of your tasks at an entry level job I s useless bull**** as well.

The main difference is one person is well read and the other knows how to empty the trash.

I also disagree with the notion that learning and knowledge is useless if it’s not applied directly to your job. There are a multitude of ancillary benefits to people being in general more knowledgeable and educated.

If you don’t ever learn anything unless it applies to your job, you’re doing it wrong.

i also disagree with the notion that learning and knowledge is useless if it’s not applied directly to your job. There are a multitude of ancillary benefits to people being in general more knowledgeable and educated.

If you don’t ever learn anything unless it applies to your job, you’re doing it wrong.
    qft
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast