Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Its more important that the three heirs in the Walton family increases their net worth from 154 billion (in April of 2020) to probably a 160 billion now. How are they expected to afford that next island they look to purchase otherwise?

With allies like this, you have to wonder how Republicans haven't been able to repeal the entire minimum wage yet.

https://twitter.com/KyleKulinski/sta...734876675?s=20
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    With allies like this, you have to wonder how Republicans haven't been able to repeal the entire minimum wage yet.

https://twitter.com/KyleKulinski/sta...734876675?s=20
    What do the Republicans have to do with a tweet talking about POTUS and VPOTUS?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its more important that the three heirs in the Walton family increases their net worth from 154 billion (in April of 2020) to probably a 160 billion now. How are they expected to afford that next island they look to purchase otherwise?
    Their net worth is affected by the value of WalMart stock, not wages of WalMart employees and they have nothing to do with any say in day to day operations....haven't for many years

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Probably sooner, but I think theyíll make more money if they get $15 until they are replaced instead of $7.25 until they are replaced.

Which do you think helps workers more? $15 an hour or $7.25?
    I think $7.25 helps more workers a little.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm guessing you never worked fast food when you were younger because that's not a particularly true statement. Those jobs minute to minute can be very demanding in terms of the number of orders and how much food/transactions need to be made. It's only gotten worse in an era of Doordash, UberEats, etc.
    When I was in my late teens, I worked in a convenient store which was similar. Itís not the same as being a cashier at Costco.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Then we definitely disagree. As does basic mathematics.

You should start helping yourself and send me half your income

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Then we definitely disagree. As does basic mathematics.
    A major corporation is not going to earn less profits simply because you tell them they should.

Most companies allocate a certain amount of cost to wages. If you double that cost per employee, they will hire less employees. Itís basic accounting.

A corporation can hire two employees for $7.25 and hour meaning that hr of labor costs $14.50. If you stipulate an hour of labor per employee costs $15 an hr, corporations will employee one less employee and make the $15 an hr employee work twice is hard. Youíre right. Itís simple.

lol, what?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

A major corporation is not going to earn less profits simply because you tell them they should.

Most companies allocate a certain amount of cost to wages. If you double that cost per employee, they will hire less employees. Itís basic accounting.

A corporation can hire two employees for $7.25 and hour meaning that hr of labor costs $14.50. If you stipulate an hour of labor per employee costs $15 an hr, corporations will employee one less employee and make the $15 an hr employee work twice is hard. Youíre right. Itís simple.
    Just FYI ... Two employees at $7.50 per hour do not cost the same as 1 employee at $15. The two at $7.50 cost more. The costs of an employee are not just their hourly wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Just FYI ... Two employees at $7.50 per hour do not cost the same as 1 employee at $15. The two at $7.50 cost more. The costs of an employee are not just their hourly wage.
    Thatís assuming they get health insurance or other benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Their net worth is affected by the value of WalMart stock, not wages of WalMart employees and they have nothing to do with any say in day to day operations....haven't for many years
    Increased wages would hurt said stock value because net revenues would be lower. It's all relative, unless of course they found ways to circumvent the increased wages of employees which I am sure they would.

Thatís assuming they get health insurance or other benefits.
    well, total taxes an employer pays would also be higher

When I was in my late teens, I worked in a convenient store which was similar. Itís not the same as being a cashier at Costco.
    I worked at a Wendys when I was 15 and 16, dude. It's a lot of manual labor, being on your toes, working quickly, etc. Yes, you don't need to be a rocket scientist but its a physically demanding job.

I worked jobs in direct support (for high functioning disabled people) when I went through college where I was making more money and doing a lot less work.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-01-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast