Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    For decades, the wages of every day, working Americans have remained stagnant while monopoly corporations have consolidated industry after industry, securing record profits for CEOs and investment bankers,” Hawley said. “Mega-corporations can afford to pay their workers $15 an hour, and it’s long past time they do so, but this should not come at the expense of small businesses already struggling to make it.”

Hawley’s plan would also require the minimum wage at these companies to be indexed to the federal median wage beginning in 2025. Any business with less than $1 billion in annual revenue would not be directly affected by the bill, according to Hawley’s office.

Small business employees earning less than $15 per hour would benefit from Sen. Hawley’s recently introduced Blue Collar Bonus, which would provide a bonus to every worker making below the median wage directly through an automatic, advanceable tax credit tied to hours worked,” Hawley’s office said in a statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds like he is doing something other then the theater of the absurd. Good

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

This is something I can approve of

Sen. Hawley Proposes $15 Minimum Wage For Billion-Dollar Businesses
    So you're only resistance to a $15 minimum wage was that it applied to small businesses?

I like Hawley's idea.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So you're only resistance to a $15 minimum wage was that it applied to small businesses?

I like Hawley's idea.
    I’ve always said that big corporations can afford a wage increase. Small businesses get hurt the most by a wage increase because most of the time they are already hurting for the most part.

I think there might be a constitutional issue with that, however. It could be discriminatory to force one class of businesses to have to pay $15/hr and let another class of businesses pay lower wages.

I’ve always said that big corporations can afford a wage increase. Small businesses get hurt the most by a wage increase because most of the time they are already hurting for the most part.

It makes sense but the PPP loans we're supposed to be for small businesses too and these corporations often don't pay taxes. These guys wrote the rules so they can fit into any category that fits them. It's a good idea if feasible

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Big corporations are also in favor of minimum wage increases because they know it would run a lot of their competition out of business or significantly hurt them

Big corporations are also in favor of minimum wage increases because they know it would run a lot of their competition out of business or significantly hurt them
    I think it's more of a they don't want this but they see the benefits if it does.

Catman makes a good point regarding the constitutionality of requiring some businesses to pay more than others, but I think it's a good compromise. I wonder if the precedent regarding how many employees a business has triggering a requirement to provide health insurance can be used to argue businesses over a certain number of employees can be required to pay a specific minimum wage?

For decades, the wages of every day, working Americans have remained stagnant while monopoly corporations have consolidated industry after industry, securing record profits for CEOs and investment bankers,” Hawley said. “Mega-corporations can afford to pay their workers $15 an hour, and it’s long past time they do so, but this should not come at the expense of small businesses already struggling to make it.”

Hawley’s plan would also require the minimum wage at these companies to be indexed to the federal median wage beginning in 2025. Any business with less than $1 billion in annual revenue would not be directly affected by the bill, according to Hawley’s office.

Small business employees earning less than $15 per hour would benefit from Sen. Hawley’s recently introduced Blue Collar Bonus, which would provide a bonus to every worker making below the median wage directly through an automatic, advanceable tax credit tied to hours worked,” Hawley’s office said in a statement.

Nice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I think there might be a constitutional issue with that, however. It could be discriminatory to force one class of businesses to have to pay $15/hr and let another class of businesses pay lower wages.
    I doubt it, corporations have always had a diff set of rules they play by. Might as well add this to list..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I doubt it, corporations have always had a diff set of rules they play by. Might as well add this to list..
    Good point. The more likely scenario is all small businesses will have to pay $15 an hour but corporations will get an exemption allowing them to pay less.

The proposed law carves out small business employees and give the employee a tax credit.

I think this over 1 billion is a bunch of noise, other than fast food and some retail I wonder how many mega corporation employees are actually making less than $15 per hour now. It would be interesting to see the total employees nationwide that fit in that group and how many are actually getting a raise.

I wonder what percentage of those are in low cost of living areas /states, someone living in San Francisco making $15 per hour needs $7.5 per hour in Oklahoma city for the same standard of living. So a factory worker making $14 in okc is making the equivalent of $28 in SF.

https://www.payscale.com/cost-of-liv...-Oklahoma-City
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Tell that to Walmart who doesn't want to raise their minimum wage to 11 dollars an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Tell that to Walmart who doesn't want to raise their minimum wage to 11 dollars an hour.
    Must have missed this news

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...5-an-hour.html

Must have missed this news

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...5-an-hour.html

Giving 425,000 workers 15 dollars an hour is not raising the minimum wage of the company, especially when Walmart has over 2.2 million entry level workers.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-27-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I saw Costco raised their minimum pay to $16/hr.

Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast