Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It is odd that when it comes to arguing these people deserve more than $7.25 an hour it’s “if they want more they should learn a skill and not be so replaceable” but when it comes to them potentially losing these same jobs suddenly those points disappear.
    He's wrong that it's a net negative to the economy certainly, but there are concerns about how unskilled young people will get work when the unemployed pool grows so much and the entering cost is so much higher. My daughter is certainly not worth $15 an hour

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What’s really odd is how we need to give the Sun and Moon to the Amazon and Walmart’s so they will do business but if you give a dollar to the working poor it’s “what about the Mom and Pops!”
    By giving to them do you mean their careful manipulation of our corrupt and broken tax system? If so I don't blame the companies for that. If you are talking about municipalities giving them things to get them to build I don't blame the companies for that either.

How they treat their employees is on the companies, but government gifts is on the government. Find out who gave it to them and vote them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    By giving to them do you mean their careful manipulation of our corrupt and broken tax system? If so I don't blame the companies for that. If you are talking about municipalities giving them things to get them to build I don't blame the companies for that either.

How they treat their employees is on the companies, but government gifts is on the government. Find out who gave it to them and vote them out.
    It would be much easier if we could just see who they paid(everyone I'm sure)to break and corrupt our tax system.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I care about not purposely distorting data regardless, big guy.
    Who is distorting data, little fella? All I've said is that raising costs to businesses in a soft economy never results in a good outcome.

He's wrong that it's a net negative to the economy certainly, but there are concerns about how unskilled young people will get work when the unemployed pool grows so much and the entering cost is so much higher. My daughter is certainly not worth $15 an hour
    and that's another fight that'll wage on with this...should <18 yr olds have a lower minimum and is THAT a net positive? On the one hand, a minor generally speaking won't be as productive but if you pay them less they may get hired for jobs that keeps an adult unemployed
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

So our economy can’t exist without people living in poverty? This is a solution that rewards people for having a job and would decrease the demand on the government for social services and it still can’t get republicans support. And to be clear, the objection by much of the right has got nothing to do with lost jobs by poor people, it’s all about decreased profit margins.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Who is distorting data, little fella? All I've said is that raising costs to businesses in a soft economy never results in a good outcome.
    think he was referring to someone else rounding up a number he didn't think should be
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    think he was referring to someone else rounding up a number he didn't think should be
    The little fella responded with a quote of one of my posts. I am simply questioning him.

You should. The companies aren't some third party in what you're describing. They directly bribe politicians to draft laws specifically designed so they can circumvent them. They hold some responsibility for those laws since without their influencing the politicians, those laws wouldn't exist.

Well as much as it sucks for High Schoolers, if they have to wait until they're ready to become part of the workforce full time to get a job that seems the best possible tradeoff for allowing everyone else to get paid an amount they can survive.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    It would be much easier if we could just see who they paid(everyone I'm sure)to break and corrupt our tax system.
    Yeah, I think it is everyone.

A lot of it is where the rules were written with good intentions but bad results. A 10% tax was put on yachts over $100k but it so devastated the US yacht manufacturing industry Clinton killed it 2 years later. But Clinton also cut capital gains taxes by around 2/3rds, and those same capital gains is where most of the wealth of the richest people in the country come from. Or how you can buy a yacht through a charter company, use business tax advantages to minimize taxes and fees on it. Or how it has become an industry in places with "favorable" local tax laws to create a local company which then purchases whatever goods you want, which you then use where you live where the taxes are "less favorable", then you can close down that company. I don't know who made it so easy to incorporate but the result has been shady AF. Or if you are a big corporation and someone has an idea for something risky/shady but that could make huge money just spin it off as it's "own" company, even if it's wholly owned by the parent corporation, suck as much money out of it as possible while transferring as many losses to that company as possible, then shut it down and screw the people it owes and the environment and whatever other laws and regulations it broke just go away leaving the parent company clean.

and that's another fight that'll wage on with this...should <18 yr olds have a lower minimum and is THAT a net positive? On the one hand, a minor generally speaking won't be as productive but if you pay them less they may get hired for jobs that keeps an adult unemployed
    Or <22 year olds to give them a chance to get through college.

But if some here get their way any employer with part time workers should get penalized and that effectively eliminates all working students and most single parents.

Brewers was....hence my comment, genius. Costs rise all the time. Adapt or get the **** out.

It's not that I personally don't think 1.4MM should be rounded up to 2MM, it's that that's how simple math works....but yes. catman has a hard-on for me, hence his objection to my very simple math lesson.

The little fella responded with a quote of one of my posts. I am simply questioning him.
    I love how petty you are. It's not my fault that you quoted my post and went off on a tangent after I corrected Brewers faulty math.

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast