Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    qft
    to us having some things in common.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm aware of the primary use of a home, thanks. I'm saying it can be an asset that you either borrow against or eventually sell at an appreciable price than you bought it for.

Sure, if you want to live in economically depressed areas like Syracuse and Binghamton NY. Look, I get the mortgage backed security crisis in 2007 and 2008 affected home values but that doesn't change the fact that said market has rebounded quite well in the last 8-10 years. Yeah if you completely leave out the housing bubble bursting in the mid 2000s. A lot of that was market correction. My aunt bought a home in Long Island in 1998 for 175 thousand dollars. In 2004, she sold that same house for 450 thousand. There's no way in 6 years a home should have jumped that price with no renovation.

It's doable but leaving you 1200 bucks a month to cover food, electricity, heat, insurance (home and car), other expenditures, isn't much.
    I google lowest cost of living in the US and find this
    https://www.niche.com/places-to-live...lle-kinney-tx/
    and near the top of the list the median home value is 57.4k compared to 217k nationwide. The payment on a median home with 5% down is $317 per month.

https://www.niche.com/places-to-live...ost-of-living/

Flyover country is vastly different in cost of living compared to major cities.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    and near the top of the list the median home value is 57.4k compared to 217k nationwide. The payment on a median home with 5% down is $317 per month.

So you are telling me I can move to Texas? Because those are most of the examples you provided. Look, I'm aware there are others states that you can live in for those prices but its all relative. Most of those localities are that affordable for a reason. Hell, you can move to Detroit and Flint for free if you want. Doesn't mean you should.

We have different sources on median home values btw and they vary by a great amount.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-02-2021 at 05:38 PM.

So are wages....when the cost of living is low, the average wage is also low
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Tell me how emptying the garbage as you work your way up the hospital jobs helps you be a nurse?

Most of your tasks at an entry level job I s useless bull**** as well.

The main difference is one person is well read and the other knows how to empty the trash.
    Doing menial tasks is part of nursing. Obviously they arenít the main part but they are a part. Performing them well shows work ethic and other characteristics.

Iím sure the well read person can finish a New York Times cross word puzzle. I fail to see what this has to do with nursing.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So are wages....when the cost of living is low, the average wage is also low
    Not to mention, access to jobs is more difficult whether its the distance you have to travel to find a decently paying job or just that job availability. I feel like people have a hard time relating to things that don't necessarily affect them.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Doing menial tasks is part of nursing. Obviously they arenít the main part but they are a part. Performing them well shows work ethic and other characteristics.

Iím sure the well read person can finish a New York Times cross word puzzle. I fail to see what this has to do with nursing.
    nobody is questioning work ethic or the ability to do menial tasks.......that's on par with thinking knowing basic principles makes one an accountant....the difference being, if a degree-less accountant makes a mistake they don't potentially change someone's life

Not to mention, access to jobs is more difficult whether its the distance you have to travel to find a decently paying job or just that job availability. I feel like people have a hard time relating to things that don't necessarily affect them.
    There are small towns here in SD this minute where you could buy a decent house for $30,000. However, unless you own a business in that town, you either have a low paying job or you're commuting as much as 60 miles to get to a place where there's decent jobs. People do it, of course, but that also means an extra 2 hours of their days are spent driving.

As does performing well in a class on feminist poetry. That also answers your question.

Amazon now have convenient stores which donít need cashiers. You simply take what you want and the app charges you.

Walmart has more and more self check outs, some barely have any cashiers.

Technology is the real wage killer. Raising the minimum wage only makes technological advances more pressing for big corporations.
    They should impose a robot tax.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Doing menial tasks is part of nursing.
    Not really. I've seen nurses do a lot of things, I cant think of one thing from the top of my head I would consider menial.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So you are telling me I can move to Texas? Because those are most of the examples you provided. Look, I'm aware there are others states that you can live in for those prices but its all relative. Most of those localities are that affordable for a reason. Hell, you can move to Detroit and Flint for free if you want. Doesn't mean you should.
    No I am not saying move to Texas, I am saying that there are lots of places in this country where housing costs are lower, cost of living is lower so yes wages are lower but in Bracketville (sp) the median income is under 21k
    and in that case if you can support a family on $11 per hour with two working adults then the argument brewer makes has some validity. What this does is emphasize the need for scalable rates or the states to increase in higher cost areas ( I believe minimum wage is already $16 in SF)

We have different sources on median home values btw and they vary by a great amount.
    Yeah that must be the local county or Texas.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

No I am not saying move to Texas, I am saying that there are lots of places in this country where housing costs are lower, cost of living is lower so yes wages are lower but in Bracketville (sp) the median income is under 21k
    and in that case if you can support a family on $11 per hour with two working adults then the argument brewer makes has some validity. What this does is emphasize the need for scalable rates or the states to increase in higher cost areas ( I believe minimum wage is already $16 in SF)

Yeah that must be the local county or Texas.
    And youíre right that there should be scalability and not every place has the same cost of living as another. But this is based on an $11 minimum wage. Currently the minimum wage is $7.25. Not even in the places you mentioned could you buy a house on $7.25.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And youíre right that there should be scalability and not every place has the same cost of living as another. But this is based on an $11 minimum wage. Currently the minimum wage is $7.25. Not even in the places you mentioned could you buy a house on $7.25.
    which brings us back to what people think a living wage should be...
    Should a person be able to afford to buy a house while working for minimum wage?

$15/hr Minimum Wage -- Good of Bad?

Well read people are more skilled communicators and are more likely to develop other transferable skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast