Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    A lawyer working for an insurance company or a corporation will vet the policy on when they don't pay and make sure they can defend it, I am sure many of those polices have lead to deaths over the years and the lawyer is the one protecting the company over the patient
    My point is that the decision of the attorney did not directly cause the death of the client. A medical mistake can directly lead to the death of a patient.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    A lawyer working for an insurance company or a corporation will vet the policy on when they don't pay and make sure they can defend it, I am sure many of those polices have lead to deaths over the years and the lawyer is the one protecting the company over the patient
    You did not just do that. Tell me my eyes just went bad.

LOL
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I've actually worked with and maneuvered elderly patients, many with numerous comorbidities. It's a lit more difficult than hour realize. Sometimes it takes up to 3 people.

Ita not an Amazon package you just throw in the back of the van. It's a person.

I dont know what you mean by hill to die on, but I stand by what I said.
    Nobody is saying taking care of people is menial. But cleaning up poop is. It literally meets the definition of the word. It's not a prestige job and it doesn't take special skills. It is menial.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Nobody is saying taking care of people is menial. But cleaning up poop is. It literally meets the definition of the word. It's not a prestige job and it doesn't take special skills. It is menial.
    I'd say it actually does take special skills to clean up a stranger's **** in a respectful, caring manner and stick with said job for years on end without becoming bitter and jaded. Not everyone has that kind of compassion.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    My point is that the decision of the attorney did not directly cause the death of the client. A medical mistake can directly lead to the death of a patient.
    Legal decisions have lead to the death of patients, withholding care based on insurance policies have lead to the death of many patients; doing cost benefit analysis on automobile safety and choosing to pay for deaths is an economic and legal decision. The lawyer is choosing to kill the patient in advance and fight it in court, the medical person made a mistake, not a choice in the duties of their job.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'd say it actually does take special skills to clean up a stranger's **** in a respectful, caring manner and stick with said job for years on end without becoming bitter and jaded. Not everyone has that kind of compassion.
    I was in the hospital and had a splint on my right and and an IV on my left, I couldn't wipe my own ***, its embarrassing for me to able bodied and need someone to clean you up. The nurses aides were all pretty matter of fact about it and it seems like it just part of the daily grind for them. They all seemed to have good attitudes and concern for the patient.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

As it should be (and not everyone has the disposition to pull that off).

We disagree. I strongly feel it requires skill to properly clean the **** of someone who isnt self reliant.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I was in the hospital for like a week one time. Around the middle of the week they moved an old man who looked like he has forgot to die in next to me. Anyway the man couldn’t stop pooping in his pants. The nurses would tell him to page them and they’d help him to the bathroom but every 10 minutes or so he’d let out an “Ole Damn!” And the room would smell like *******. Every time I’d have to page the nurses to come clean him and the room.

Nurses do a lot. Some are just as qualified as doctors. But they also do a lot of menial tasks as part of their job. It’s incredible work.
    This one time, at band camp...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

This was ****ing idiotic!!

Man it’s really hard for people like her to help the poor have a livable wage.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    My 8 year old daughter changed diapers which included cleaning poop. It's not a worthless task, but there is no prestige and the level of skill required is incredibly low.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    This was ****ing idiotic!!

Man it’s really hard for people like her to help the poor have a livable wage.
    The optics don't look good. Whether it was the manner in which she said no to the vote (while wearing some super expensive handbag according to social media) or the hypocritical nature in which she suggested that minimum wage should be raised then voted against it. What has changed in 7 years? Those minimum wage earners are still suffering just like they were in 2014.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-05-2021 at 09:15 PM.

My 8 year old daughter changed diapers which included cleaning poop. It's not a worthless task, but there is no prestige and the level of skill required is incredibly low.
    You've just clearly never watched nurses actually deal with an elderly patient and clean them.

Sometimes it takes up to 3 or 4 people just to move one patient. And all 4 need to be on the same page or else the patient is at a serious fall risk.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

She didn't clean up a stranger's doo doo, and I made no claims about any prestige associated with the task.

Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast