Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I worked at a Wendys when I was 15 and 16, dude. It's a lot of manual labor, being on your toes, working quickly, etc. Yes, you don't need to be a rocket scientist but its a physically demanding job.

I worked jobs in direct support (for high functioning disabled people) when I went through college where I was making more money and doing a lot less work.
    I worked at Arbyís when I was 16 and thereís no way in hell they should be getting $15+ per hour working there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question but if their minimum wage is 11 dollars an hour, its easy to believe a lot of full time employees also need some sort of government assistance.
    Again this totally depends on location. You can easily own a home and support yourself in the Midwest on $11 per hour

Bad idea the cost of living differs from state to state.Where I live you can get a 3 or 4 bedroom appointment for under a $1k a month take that same $1k and try finding a one bedroom in NYC or LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Again this totally depends on location. You can easily own a home and support yourself in the Midwest on $11 per hour
    $11 an hour is $22,880 per year (assuming no vacation). Show me where.

I worked at Arbyís when I was 16 and thereís no way in hell they should be getting $15+ per hour working there.

Is the issue for you possibly that you don't like the idea of someone that prepares roast beef sandwiches potentially making similar wages as you?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    $11 an hour is $22,880 per year (assuming no vacation). Show me where.
    My mortgage is like $660 per month for 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Get a roommate to help pay expenses and you can easily support yourself on that

What?

The average home price in the US according to Zillow is 270,000 dollars. I don't know where you think you can own a home making 23,000 dollars a year. You better have outstanding credit and a really good down payment if you think that's a reality.

And those employees are free to go to another job at that point where they will also make $15 an hour. So now two people are making $15 an hour instead of 2 making $7.25. You're right, it's simple.

Now let's get to the hard part: why do you care so much more about Corporations making the exact same amount of profits as you do about employees making any more money?
    I donít care. Iím simply pointing out that corporations care. Their only concern is the bottom line. Wages are set based on the number of qualified individuals in the work force who can complete the necessary job requirements. Not based on how much you believe someone should earn.

My mortgage is like $660 per month for 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Get a roommate to help pay expenses and you can easily support yourself on that.
    So now it's not easily, it's with a roommate easily.

Assuming the roommate pays half the mortgage, that leaves your take home at $18,920 for the year (again, assuming zero time off). What are your utility costs? Food? Gas? Property Taxes? Other taxes? Because you have $1,567 a month for all that.

Doesn't seem very easy to me...
    Last edited by valade16; 03-01-2021 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I donít care. Iím simply pointing out that corporations care. Their only concern is the bottom line. Wages are set based on the number of qualified individuals in the work force who can complete the necessary job requirements. Not based on how much you believe someone should earn.
    I get it. Corporations are extremely greedy. That doesn't mean we have to just cater to their greed.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Is the issue for you possibly that you don't like the idea of someone that prepares roast beef sandwiches potentially making similar wages as you?
    Definitely.

So now it's not easily, it's with a roommate easily.

Assuming the roommate pays half the mortgage, that leaves your take home at $18,920 for the year (again, assuming zero time off). What are your utility costs? Food? Gas? Property Taxes? Because you have $1,567 a month for all that.

Doesn't seem very easy to me...
    You acted like it was impossible. I worked minimum wage jobs from when I was 15-22 and worked 3 jobs. Worked as a dishwasher, cashier, golf course, ref basketball etc and saved up

Worked my way up from a $9 job when I started and 5 years later was a seasonal team leader making 20 per hour.

What?

The average home price in the US according to Zillow is 270,000 dollars. I don't know where you think you can own a home making 23,000 dollars a year. You better have outstanding credit and a really good down payment if you think that's a reality.
    I bought mine for about 90k. Put around 5,000 down on it. Mortgage is around $660 per month

You acted like it was impossible. I worked minimum wage jobs from when I was 15-22 and worked 3 jobs. Worked as a dishwasher, cashier, golf course, ref basketball etc and saved up

Worked my way up from a $9 job when I started and 5 years later was a seasonal team leader making 20 per hour.
    No, you said it was easily doable.

I bought mine for about 90k. Put around 5,000 down on it. Mortgage is around $660 per month
    So you didn't buy your house at $11 an hour? You bought it when you made $20 an hour.

I would put it like this, there are probably very few people making $11 who own their own house, and even less who are not also on some sort of government assistance.

No, you said it was easily doable.

So you didn't buy your house at $11 an hour? You bought it when you made $20 an hour.

I would put it like this, there are probably very few people making $11 who own their own house, and even less who are not also on some sort of government assistance.
    I bought it two years ago before I was making $20 per hour. I had over 25k in savings from working multiple minimum wage jobs over the course of my teenage life and when I was in my early 20ís. I bought my car and paid it off (10-15k) before I bought my house although that car is totaled after I hit a deer last December

Again the cost of living is much less in WI than say CA/NY where a lot of you guys in here are from.

Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast