Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Anyone read Friedmanís 31 thoughts on Mathew Tkachuk. Apparently his teammates have grown tired of his nightly shananigans. The worst thing that can happen is when you get into a fight and your teammates look the other way. I just wonder if heís pissed off his teammates and management enough that they make him available in trades.
    I would LOVE him on our club,,this team is way too soft,I don't care how much talent they have,this team can easily be pushed around and not built for playoff hockey.I was hoping this issue would be addressed during this past off season.

I agree. This team is way too passive. They give the opposition too much time at the point to find the proper lane to score. Lindgren is the only guy who imposed his will.

Canít wait for Braden Schneider to get the call up. Heís a monster who murders forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    I agree. This team is way too passive. They give the opposition too much time at the point to find the proper lane to score. Lindgren is the only guy who imposed his will.

Canít wait for Braden Schneider to get the call up. Heís a monster who murders forwards
    We already have a great group of young talented D men. Now we'll be potentially adding Schneider to that group. Lets not forget about Lundkvist and Zach Jones.

Fox
    Lindgren
    Miller
    Hajek
    Bidetto

And some good vets. Should trade from this strength.
    Smith
    Trouba
    Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    We already have a great group of young talented D men. Now we'll be potentially adding Schneider to that group. Lets not forget about Lundkvist and Zach Jones.

Fox
    Lindgren
    Miller
    Hajek
    Bidetto

And some good vets. Should trade from this strength.
    Smith
    Trouba
    Johnson
    Yes but again, only Ryan Lindgren hits guys.

Go back to the Rangers 6-2 win vs Boston. The gameís momentum forever changed when Lindgren remembering how Boston took out Mika for a month, did the exact same thing to Pasternak who was in the neutral zone with his head down.

Adam Fox is a gifted offensive lineman but he just stands there and depends on positioning. Well the problem came against the Isles who always light his line up. Brock Nelson skates down, Fox stands there getting in formation. Brock takes his time, finds the lane and shoots a goal.

KíAndre Millerís size and reach are helpful. Havenít seen him be physical.

Hajek is only playing due to Troubaís injuries. Bidetto is nothing special.

Nils Lundkvist is another finesse guy.

Guys like Fox, Lundkvist will get manhandled by Ovechkin. Need guys who strike fear.

Call me crazy if you want but the Jack Eichel rumors don't excite me. I'm not saying we don't need a #1 center but I would imagine what Buffalo would want back would be expensive,and Jack is already making $10 million dollars. Also where is he this year? Where is his head? I understand the team is going nowhere,but Look at MacDavid,that sure has not affected his game.Maybe my player comparisons are unfair,but with what the cost would be in not only players but also his salary I want to be a lot more sure in the "man" inside the uniform

Larry Brooks is playing devilís advocate...

Jack Eichel is in his mid 20s and locked in at $10M/season for 3 more seasons.

Mika Zibanejad will be 29 when he is an UFA at the end of next season. Mika is going to ask for $10M/season.

We know a few things about Mika. He is a dynamic scorer but he has a pile of injuries. Ottawa got rid of him because he has a concussion history. As a Ranger heís missed time due to a broken leg (I was at that game. You could hear the snap. MSG was dead silent). Mika also missed a month last season after Bergeron boarded him (see Tom Wilson) and got nothing.

Mika is not a first line center on a championship team. Heís a second line center. Mika is horrific on face offs. Heís a scorer but heís not first line.

Rangers badly need a top Center.

I wouldnít give into Buffaloís demands but they will demand less as time goes on.

I tend to lean more towards Barkov or Pierre-Luc Dubios than Eichel, and we could sign Barkov or Dubios in free agency next year. Will only cost money, plus with the cap going down I figure for less than Eichel $10 mil. I think even in a trade both would cost less than Eichel. Rumor is Florida wonít have the money to re-sign Barkov and Dubios & Winnipeg are still feeling each other out.

I said it before, I would love to see the next French Connection line of LafraniereóDubiosóGauthier, size, speed, scoring & a little physicality.

Also donít forget Mathew Robertson, good size at 6í3Ē 200lbs and also has good speed and a good shot.

The draft analyst.com has this on him:

Strong and mobile two-way blue liner with a team-first attitude who handles both big minutes and big situations with maturity and confidence. Robertson is a throwback to the Western Canadian defensemen of old who were able to intimidate with physicality or their play with the puck. Heís clearly the top defender for the Oil Kings by the way heís used at even strength and special teams, and how often Robertson is being summoned to address his coachís concerns. His size, long reach and timing makes him close to impossible to beat one on one, and few teenage defensemen can force opponents into so many unsuccessful zone entries simply by standing up at the blue line. Heíll respect oncoming speed by giving himself more room, but Robertsonís long stick and strong upper body keep the majority of puck carriers to the outside. Robertson has soft hands and sharp hand-eye coordination that allows him to corral pass attempts cleanly and quickly transition from defense to offense. Heís not entirely married to the slot, but he keeps his head up and always looks for gaps to cover.

Robertson is a strong, powerful skater with average straight-line speed but enough agility and quickness to sharply change direction while maintaining control of the puck. Heís capable of taking it coast to coast and make plays well inside the opposing zone, but heís smart enough to identify the proper time to release and cover up defensively. Robertson is an excellent passer both on his forehand and backhand, and his vision and the accuracy of almost all of his passes seems to afford him more time and space to make decisions than the average two-way defender. His shot certainly is an asset, both for its velocity and accuracy. Robertson has proven he can score from the circles with his wrist shot, but he keeps goalies honest by making occasional power moves to the net. Heís not fancy or some sort of elite playmaker, and rarely do you see him trying to do too much with the puck. Most of the scoring chances Robertson generates is from his point shot or crisp breakout passes.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 03-09-2021 at 11:03 PM.

Back to back losses to Pittsburgh. Rumor has it, Georgiev was watching the game from deAngelo's house.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.wiskers View Post
    i tend to lean more towards barkov or pierre-luc dubios than eichel, and we could sign barkov or dubios in free agency next year. Will only cost money, plus with the cap going down i figure for less than eichel $10 mil. I think even in a trade both would cost less than eichel. Rumor is florida wonít have the money to re-sign barkov and dubios & winnipeg are still feeling each other out.

I said it before, i would love to see the next french connection line of lafraniereódubiosógauthier, size, speed, scoring & a little physicality.

Also donít forget mathew robertson, good size at 6í3Ē 200lbs and also has good speed and a good shot.

The draft analyst.com has this on him:

Strong and mobile two-way blue liner with a team-first attitude who handles both big minutes and big situations with maturity and confidence. Robertson is a throwback to the western canadian defensemen of old who were able to intimidate with physicality or their play with the puck. Heís clearly the top defender for the oil kings by the way heís used at even strength and special teams, and how often robertson is being summoned to address his coachís concerns. His size, long reach and timing makes him close to impossible to beat one on one, and few teenage defensemen can force opponents into so many unsuccessful zone entries simply by standing up at the blue line. Heíll respect oncoming speed by giving himself more room, but robertsonís long stick and strong upper body keep the majority of puck carriers to the outside. Robertson has soft hands and sharp hand-eye coordination that allows him to corral pass attempts cleanly and quickly transition from defense to offense. Heís not entirely married to the slot, but he keeps his head up and always looks for gaps to cover.

Robertson is a strong, powerful skater with average straight-line speed but enough agility and quickness to sharply change direction while maintaining control of the puck. Heís capable of taking it coast to coast and make plays well inside the opposing zone, but heís smart enough to identify the proper time to release and cover up defensively. Robertson is an excellent passer both on his forehand and backhand, and his vision and the accuracy of almost all of his passes seems to afford him more time and space to make decisions than the average two-way defender. His shot certainly is an asset, both for its velocity and accuracy. Robertson has proven he can score from the circles with his wrist shot, but he keeps goalies honest by making occasional power moves to the net. Heís not fancy or some sort of elite playmaker, and rarely do you see him trying to do too much with the puck. Most of the scoring chances robertson generates is from his point shot or crisp breakout passes.
    bingo!!!

The Rangers are going to have cap space problems galore.

This off-season "Captain Happy" Pavel Buchnevich is an UFA and having a break out season. What's he worth?

Then after next season what is Mika Zibanejad worth?

It's going to be an interesting off-season because the Rangers are in the middle of year 3 of this rebuild.

Year 4 is going to have to show something out of Kakko, Chytil...the Rangers should start to beat the tougher teams.

Some good news...

1. Panarin is due back.

2. Kravstov RW could be made available if his KHL team is eliminated.

Hmm...Reuniting the KZB line means..

Panarin LW reuinted with Strome and Kakko.

LW LaFreniere, C Chytil, and RW Kravstov 3rd line. Wow.

4th line is a bit uncertain...Rangers need a Center badly.

Bruins shut out the Rangers 4-0. Season over.

Next season is year 4 of the rebuild and I can't believe this team is regressing despite having better talent.

Jack Johnson put on waivers...

Brett Howden benched...

Kravtsov is on a 7 day quarantine...

Georgiev probably had a concussion that wasn't looked after properly.

Rangers flip the script and shut out the Bruins.

There's NO WAY the Rangers make the playoffs this season but the Front Office is starting to smell the coffee.

Isnít this suppose to be the year we are suppose to make the playoffs, it is year 3 of the rebuild after all.

I think itís time to cut ties with Quinn, it has been proven, the experiment of signing a college coach to be NHL head coach didnít workó-Iím pretty sure Quinn is the only one left and heís done nothing as well.

Look when you look at the players we have drafted and how they are playingó-their lack of development it comes down to: is it Gorton who canít draft or Quinn who canít develop? Someone has to go!

Last year the Rangers made the Playoffs during year 2 of the rebuild. This year has been a complete disappointment. Tonight's loss against Philly was indicative of their season:

1. Buchnevich, Fox are out due to COVID Protocol. This news comes after the Rangers shut out the Bruins.

2. Rangers come out flat. Fall behind by 2 goals, wake up and rally, lose the lead in the 3rd, then lose the game in OT...second time they lost it with Panarin being too cute on a pass from the goalie.

A mess...complete mess. Not sure where to start because Buchnevich is an UFA.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast