Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Have posted about this before, but Colts have A TON of work to do.

On offense: I want them to acquire a dynamic WR1, TE, and an above average LT. As for QB, I wanted Stafford. I'll be ok with Wentz. I'll trust Ballard/Reich's decision here, as long as it's not Brissett.

On defense: I want an elite pass rusher somehow. Someone like Bud Dupree? I think this Defense needs one more big piece: A game wrecker pass rusher. Also would like to bring back Xav Rhodes and bring in another vet CB.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Yeah but it was when Wentz was a top trend on Twitter and minutes after Schefter sent the tweet. It's definitely a little sus imo
    Heís been trending on Twitter for months.

It was coincidental, along with 50 other players doing the same around the league.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    His reaction to getting benched for poor performance created a toxic situation. News of him being unhappy and wanting out of Philly hit just after Hurts' big game against the Cardinals. I think Doug Pederson was fully aware of Wentz's fragile ego, hence he never got publicly criticized and it took so long for the benching to happen.
    His reaction, aka being hurts biggest supporter in/off the field around the team.

I just want Wentz traded so this asinine line of conversation can stop.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I just want Wentz traded so this asinine line of conversation can stop.
    Scroll on by amigo~

Fire howie

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Fire howie
    Itís that easy.

A much more expanded Steelers:

#1 - Admit it's time to pay the piper. Ben, Pouncey, Haden, Tuitt, Heyward all have massive cap hits this year from years of restructurings. It's time to pay the piper so to speak and just have a big cap hit. Right now the projected cap is at $181million (based on 2020 revenue), and there's speculation it's going to end up at $190mil with borrowing against future years. So no extending and restructuring any of these guys, either they take a pay cut, get cut (for Ben, Pouncey, and Haden), or retire (for Ben or Pouncey).

#2 - I'd personally cut Haden, don't allow Pouncey to be talked into returning, and cut Vince Williams. That save $25million in cap space. That's not enough to retain everyone (I'll get to that soon) but it does allow us to just have a 1 year $41mil cap hit from Ben without having to do anything with his number. Officially removing Vance McDonald (retired) from our cap opens up another $5mil.

#3 - FA's. We have a lot of them this year. 8 of them are starters. So going through them:
    Bud Dupree - I'd make an effort to retain.
    Alejandro Villanueva - See ya.
    Mike Hilton - Priority #1.
    Tyson Alualu - Want to bring back, might get overpaid.
    Zach Banner - He's gonna be back.
    Juju Smith-Schuster - I like him as a person and good kid, but his price is gonna be too high and we're deep here.
    Cam Sutton - Priority #2.
    James Conner - Give him the Reek Hill Duces.
    Matt Feiler - Peace bro.

Other key non-starters: Avery Williamson (thanks for your service), Jordan Dangerfield (ST Ace), Ray-Ray McCloud (RFA - tender), Marcus Allen (ERFA keep), Robert Spillane (ERFA keep), JC Haussenauer (ERFA keep).

#3 - FA pickups. We're gonna be super limited here, so it's going to be bargain bin shopping for us. So I'm looking at guys like Alex Mack, Tevin Coleman, Kevin King.

#4 - A trade. I'd trade David DeCastro. We would have big cap savings by doing this. He's still a top 7ish OG in the NFL, but we've been good at drafting linemen recently. I think we can get similar production with a 3rd/4th round draft pick with huge cap savings.

OFFER: 2022 1st, 2023 2nd, David DeCastro FOR Sam Darnold, 2021 4th

#5 - Draft:
    Rd 1 Pick 24 - Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
    Rd 2 Pick 55 - Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame
    Rd 3 Pick 87 - Quinn Meinerz, OG, Wisconsin-Whitewater
    Rd 4 Pick 101 (Via Jets) - Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC
    Rd 4 Pick 122 - Kenny Yeboah, TE, Ole Miss
    Rd 6 Pick 193 - Kary Vincent, CB, LSU
    Rd 7 Pick 212 - Nahshon Wright, CB, Oregon State
    Rd 7 Pick 221 - Grant Stuard, LB, Houston

2021 Steelers:
    QB - Ben Roethlisberger, Sam Darnold, Mason Rudolph
    RB - Najee Harris, Anthony McFarland, Benny Snell
    TE - Eric Ebron, Kenny Yeboah, Zach Gentry
    WR - Diontae Johnson, Chase Claypool, James Washington, Ray-Ray McCloud, FA Signing
    LT - Liam Eichenberg, Zach Banner
    LG - Kevin Dodson, JC Haussenauer
    OC - Alex Mack, JC Haussenauer
    RG - Quinn Meinerz, JC Haussenauer
    RT - Chucks Okorafor, Zach Banner

LDE - Stephon Tuitt, Chris Wormley
    NT - Tyson Alualu, Marlon Tuipulotu
    RDT - Cam Heyward, Isaiah Buggs
    LOLB - TJ Watt, Ola Adeniyi
    ILB - Devin Bush, Robert Spillane, Marcus Allen, Grant Stuard
    ROLB - Bud Dupree, Alex Hightower
    CB - Steven Nelson, Cam Sutton, Mike Hilton, Kary Vincent, Justin Layne, Nahshon Wright
    SS - Terrell Edmunds, Jordan Dangerfield
    FS - Minkah Fitzpatrick, Sean Davis

I want my team to win the 2022 Super Bowl

Trade for Brady

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    Trade for Brady
    >The Year is 2028
    >Tom Brady now has 11 rings
    >ring #11 was a custom made belly button piercing
    >he's taken the Pats, Bucs, Lions, Browns, Jags, Washington Tom Bradys to SB wins
    >the NFL draft doesn't exist anymore
    >Tom Brady is banned from signing as a FA
    >Each year a lottery system picks where Brady goes and that team is instantly slotted into the SB for whichever conference they play in.

We've got 30 million in cap space.

Offense:
    Sign Wyatt Teller to an extension.
    Re-sign Rashard Higgins.
    Trade Njoku.

I'd look to add a promising young WR later in the draft who can develop in 2021 and step in 2022 when we inevitably move on from OBJ.

Defense:

Let Vernon walk. Let Sendejo walk. Let Ogunjobi walk.

I want us to be patient in FA - there are a ton of vet pieces that could help our team. Richard Sherman, Joe Haden, Patrick Peterson, etc... are some CBs I think we can look into. Sherman has some familiarity with Joe Woods's system and already indicated on Twitter that he would like to play for him. I think we can acquire someone for a team-friendly contracts and 1-year deals if we wait long enough. I'd also love to bring in some pass rush help if the opportunity arises (Bud Dupree, Von Miller, etc...) even though I know that could be costly.

We have plenty of draft picks. I want to see us address every level of the defense in the draft. The d-line will see Andrew Billings (opted out) and Curtis Weaver so even when we let Vernon and Ogunjobi walk, I think it'll still be our strongest unit on defense. If we can put out even a mediocre defense next year, we're punching another ticket to the playoffs.
    Last edited by Vee-Rex; 02-09-2021 at 11:15 AM.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    A much more expanded Steelers:

#1 - Admit it's time to pay the piper. Ben, Pouncey, Haden, Tuitt, Heyward all have massive cap hits this year from years of restructurings. It's time to pay the piper so to speak and just have a big cap hit. Right now the projected cap is at $181million (based on 2020 revenue), and there's speculation it's going to end up at $190mil with borrowing against future years. So no extending and restructuring any of these guys, either they take a pay cut, get cut (for Ben, Pouncey, and Haden), or retire (for Ben or Pouncey).

#2 - I'd personally cut Haden, don't allow Pouncey to be talked into returning, and cut Vince Williams. That save $25million in cap space. That's not enough to retain everyone (I'll get to that soon) but it does allow us to just have a 1 year $41mil cap hit from Ben without having to do anything with his number. Officially removing Vance McDonald (retired) from our cap opens up another $5mil.

#3 - FA's. We have a lot of them this year. 8 of them are starters. So going through them:
    Bud Dupree - I'd make an effort to retain.
    Alejandro Villanueva - See ya.
    Mike Hilton - Priority #1.
    Tyson Alualu - Want to bring back, might get overpaid.
    Zach Banner - He's gonna be back.
    Juju Smith-Schuster - I like him as a person and good kid, but his price is gonna be too high and we're deep here.
    Cam Sutton - Priority #2.
    James Conner - Give him the Reek Hill Duces.
    Matt Feiler - Peace bro.

Other key non-starters: Avery Williamson (thanks for your service), Jordan Dangerfield (ST Ace), Ray-Ray McCloud (RFA - tender), Marcus Allen (ERFA keep), Robert Spillane (ERFA keep), JC Haussenauer (ERFA keep).

#3 - FA pickups. We're gonna be super limited here, so it's going to be bargain bin shopping for us. So I'm looking at guys like Alex Mack, Tevin Coleman, Kevin King.

#4 - A trade. I'd trade David DeCastro. We would have big cap savings by doing this. He's still a top 7ish OG in the NFL, but we've been good at drafting linemen recently. I think we can get similar production with a 3rd/4th round draft pick with huge cap savings.

OFFER: 2022 1st, 2023 2nd, David DeCastro FOR Sam Darnold, 2021 4th

#5 - Draft:
    Rd 1 Pick 24 - Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
    Rd 2 Pick 55 - Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame
    Rd 3 Pick 87 - Quinn Meinerz, OG, Wisconsin-Whitewater
    Rd 4 Pick 101 (Via Jets) - Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC
    Rd 4 Pick 122 - Kenny Yeboah, TE, Ole Miss
    Rd 6 Pick 193 - Kary Vincent, CB, LSU
    Rd 7 Pick 212 - Nahshon Wright, CB, Oregon State
    Rd 7 Pick 221 - Grant Stuard, LB, Houston

2021 Steelers:
    QB - Ben Roethlisberger, Sam Darnold, Mason Rudolph
    RB - Najee Harris, Anthony McFarland, Benny Snell
    TE - Eric Ebron, Kenny Yeboah, Zach Gentry
    WR - Diontae Johnson, Chase Claypool, James Washington, Ray-Ray McCloud, FA Signing
    LT - Liam Eichenberg, Zach Banner
    LG - Kevin Dodson, JC Haussenauer
    OC - Alex Mack, JC Haussenauer
    RG - Quinn Meinerz, JC Haussenauer
    RT - Chucks Okorafor, Zach Banner

LDE - Stephon Tuitt, Chris Wormley
    NT - Tyson Alualu, Marlon Tuipulotu
    RDT - Cam Heyward, Isaiah Buggs
    LOLB - TJ Watt, Ola Adeniyi
    ILB - Devin Bush, Robert Spillane, Marcus Allen, Grant Stuard
    ROLB - Bud Dupree, Alex Hightower
    CB - Steven Nelson, Cam Sutton, Mike Hilton, Kary Vincent, Justin Layne, Nahshon Wright
    SS - Terrell Edmunds, Jordan Dangerfield
    FS - Minkah Fitzpatrick, Sean Davis
    Alualu is a guy I can see BB making a run at with NE. We desperately need help vs the run upfront. Nose tackle is a position I'd like us to spend heavily on at the top of the market with a guy like Dalvin Tomlinson, but Alualu on a modest deal would be a good stop gap to help, especially if complimented by a day 1 or 2 pick at the position.

Does it make sense for you guys to invest in Darnold like that if Ben is back? Puts you in a position where you'd have to make a decision on his option now and pay him huge money when he hasn't shown worthy of that. Seems like his contract is a year too short for you to make that kind of move with Ben still there, IMO.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Question for Eagles fans...

What is the plan to get below the cap? Lots of work for the team to do there. Could any players, particularly on the defensive line be available for trade? Barnett, Graham, Jackson, Hargrave, Cox... lots of big money guys on the D Line. Could any of them be had?

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Alualu is a guy I can see BB making a run at with NE. We desperately need help vs the run upfront. Nose tackle is a position I'd like us to spend heavily on at the top of the market with a guy like Dalvin Tomlinson, but Alualu on a modest deal would be a good stop gap to help, especially if complimented by a day 1 or 2 pick at the position.

Does it make sense for you guys to invest in Darnold like that if Ben is back? Puts you in a position where you'd have to make a decision on his option now and pay him huge money when he hasn't shown worthy of that. Seems like his contract is a year too short for you to make that kind of move with Ben still there, IMO.
    It would be worth it to invest in Darnold. I see it going one of three ways:
    Ben retires, weíre set
    Ben stays and plays ok, Darnold learns
    Ben stays and plays poorly or gets hurt, Darnold shows us what he has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Itís that easy.
    Iím convinced howie has some dirt on Lurie and thatís why Lurie hasnít moved on yet. Watch howie get fired in the next couple years then shortly after some Robert Kraft type allegations come up against Lurie.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast