Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1. Nobody is arguing Wiseman has infinite rope. He needs to be a positive player this year.
    Seems to me that the constant talking point about has been that he is young and there is no rush to get out there. Warriors PR seem to push that position hard whenever they encounter any questions expressing concern over constant set backs.

2. I don't blame the player or the GM for injury problems.
    The problem is- half of the talk about wiseman being out is that the warriors are choosing to be very very very very very careful. As oppose to teams like memphis that brought Jackson jr back after 8 months (which I thought was on the conservative end).

Also- it might not be 100% fair- but I dont think anybody is praising the markel fultz pick even though there was clearly a freak injury that has destroyed his career.

3. That draft looks like it sucked pretty bad so far. 1 player who may be great, a couple with all-star potential, and a whole bunch of role players. Wiseman could still be the best player of the draft, but it's not likely ... top 5 is far more possible.
    I remember constantly calling this a garbage draft a couple years ago and you consistently disagreed.

I still liked my idea of trading the 2nd pick to the pelicans for lonzo ball and the 12th or 13th pick (and taking saddiq bey)

4. I don't like the PBJ pick, but it's WILDLY early to even consider what he's going to be.
    I said the PBJ pick isnt looking great right now. And btw- if pbj has constant injury problems, it is fair to blame the warriors front office and call it a bad pick. You should atleast agree with that. MY pick for the warriors this yr would have been Drew Nembard from Gonzaga.

Like I've been saying, assuming health, Wiseman's 1st month of the season is going to be huge for seeing what he can be.
    but if he has a hamstring contusion in the 3rd game and sits out 3-4 weeks- Im sure we will still hear that hes young and theres absolutely no rush.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Seems to me that the constant talking point about has been that he is young and there is no rush to get out there. Warriors PR seem to push that position hard whenever they encounter any questions expressing concern over constant set backs.

The problem is- half of the talk about wiseman being out is that the warriors are choosing to be very very very very very careful. As oppose to teams like memphis that brought Jackson jr back after 8 months (which I thought was on the conservative end).

Also- it might not be 100% fair- but I dont think anybody is praising the markel fultz pick even though there was clearly a freak injury that has destroyed his career.

I remember constantly calling this a garbage draft a couple years ago and you consistently disagreed.

I still liked my idea of trading the 2nd pick to the pelicans for lonzo ball and the 12th or 13th pick (and taking saddiq bey)

I said the PBJ pick isnt looking great right now. And btw- if pbj has constant injury problems, it is fair to blame the warriors front office and call it a bad pick. You should atleast agree with that. MY pick for the warriors this yr would have been Drew Nembard from Gonzaga.

but if he has a hamstring contusion in the 3rd game and sits out 3-4 weeks- Im sure we will still hear that hes young and theres absolutely no rush.
    1. The Warriors VERY openly will never push a player to come back from injury before they think they are ready. I know you want it different, but it's part of what they are selling.

2. A big part of the issue with Fultz is also that there were so many MUCH better options behind him, and the broken shot was known before he was drafted. When I look at a draft to evaluate the job a GM did it has to do with looking at what was known at the time, and now 2 years on, while there have always been clear issues with Wiseman, the pick still makes sense. The only player I would have taken over him would be Ant and he was already taken.

3. I didn't disagree. I said the issue with the draft was that there was SO little data on the players in the draft. The problem with all the trade talk is that to make a trade you need a trade partner. I could see the appeal of trading down 10 spots and taking Haliburton, but there supposedly were not offers on the table because the draft was such a crap shoot.

4. Yeah, if PBJ can't get healthy then that can be put on the FO for taking him. But a pick at the end of the 1st is much easier to give a pass on. Basically they have to pick based on nothing but projection of what the player can become because if there is nothing to project then they are not worth the pick.

5. I really wanted Braun, LaRavia, Jovic, and Moore but none of them slid to the Warriors. I would have preferred Watson, Houstan, Williams, Koloko, Diabate, Brown, or Minott. Of course the Warriors passed 2 times on a couple of those guys. I like Rollins and the undrafted players they added.

PBJ is basically projecting health and development on a player who showed good form and IQ ... I wonder about how much he cares about the game.

its starting to look like a lot of the analysts and writers are seeing the concerns I have had with wiseman since his first season. The guy lacks fire. He doesnt attack the basket and get in the mix for every rebound he can. hes a 7 1 freak of an athlete with great length and he makes a horrible defensive team worse on defense. (I honestly cant see how thats even possible if he is playing with any real desire to stop people laying it in)

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    its starting to look like a lot of the analysts and writers are seeing the concerns I have had with wiseman since his first season. The guy lacks fire. He doesnt attack the basket and get in the mix for every rebound he can. hes a 7 1 freak of an athlete with great length and he makes a horrible defensive team worse on defense. (I honestly cant see how thats even possible if he is playing with any real desire to stop people laying it in)
    Meh. It's not just about "fire". Tim Duncan supposedly "looked disinterested".

I do think it's a little disappointing that he still seems mentally behind as much as he has been, but I think Looney is right when he says it's going to take time to get there and his advice is to keep doing the work.

At least he's been healthy which is HUGE.

Next is for him to get on the floor and play better when he does.

Wiseman still looks lost is what I see. His defense and rebounding has seemingly improved a little? At least hes not fouling every play, but teams go right at him with no fear which makes no sense. Id send him to the G league to improve in those areas. Until then he unfortunately hurts this team, but I still love him as a prospect. Just slow developing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
    Wiseman still looks lost is what I see. His defense and rebounding has seemingly improved a little? At least hes not fouling every play, but teams go right at him with no fear which makes no sense. Id send him to the G league to improve in those areas. Until then he unfortunately hurts this team, but I still love him as a prospect. Just slow developing.
    He's been sent to the GL for 11 days. He has shown that he has learned a lot, but he's still thinking too much ... there were times I could clearly see him doing things he was told to do rather than just playing the game.

Unfortunately the same is true of most young guys, but Wiseman is still playing like a rookie.

Bust material

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Bust material
    Definitely not a bust outright, but not looking like a star either. Still just 21 years old (a year younger than Draymond Green was as a rookie).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12