Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: D. Rose Ver 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Shame we donít have DH position in the NBA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who would it be lol. Typically thatís a good offensive player. Do we have any others?

ROSE LOOKS FíN GREAT! Just being on the floor hes a perceived threat and opens things up for everyone else.

Good time to have a couple days off. Letís Thibs look at the tape and have gets get know one another

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Well, last night was Derrick Rose's first game back after missing the last 10 games. When he's healthy, he's a game changer but you gotta save bullets in that weapon.

If Rose is here to take all of Austin River's minutes then I'm okay with it. I'm still gonna be a grumpy old man until Quickley takes Payton's starter minutes though.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

D. Rose Ver 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    If Rose is here to take all of Austin River's minutes then I'm okay with it. I'm still gonna be a grumpy old man until Quickley takes Payton's starter minutes though.
    Rivers was averaging 23 mins a night. He has also been deemed ďsituationalĒ. I donít think Rose can play much more then 23 mins a night so I donít think he will limit Qís mins at all. Weíll have to see what Thibs will do but there seems be room

Rivers was averaging 23 mins a night. He has also been deemed ďsituationalĒ. I donít think Rose can play much more then 23 mins a night so I donít think he will limit Qís mins at all. Weíll have to see what Thibs will do but there seems be room

Thibs is gonna start Rose and IQ every 4th quarter. I think we will see those 2 both close games a lot when they have it going during that early 4th Q stretch. What I'm worried about is RJ sitting out closing time in favor of a 3 point guy like Burks or Bullock in those scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Thibs is gonna start Rose and IQ every 4th quarter. I think we will see those 2 both close games a lot when they have it going during that early 4th Q stretch. What I'm worried about is RJ sitting out closing time in favor of a 3 point guy like Burks or Bullock in those scenarios.
    I thought about the possibility as well.

Is RJ a close out guy yet? Is IQ? IQ is so all over the place, you just don't know, he has plenty of time to grow as a closer.

Not sure what Thibs will do but I'm knowing Rose will close moving on, with a couple practices and even without, he was telling guys where to go lol, that's pretty sad for the guys he was directing.

this team is being built for another trade, FA........I don't think we will use all our picks that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Is RJ a close out guy yet? Is IQ? IQ is so all over the place, you just don't know, he has plenty of time to grow as a closer.

Not sure what Thibs will do but I'm knowing Rose will close moving on, with a couple practices and even without, he was telling guys where to go lol, that's pretty sad for the guys he was directing.

this team is being built for another trade, FA........I don't think we will use all our picks that is for sure.
    RJ should be closing games and he pretty much has all year outside of some recent close ones. I get certain situations where we are being zoned and you desperately need a shooter there but 90% of the time he should be closing. IQ isn't an everynight closer to me but he's been huge down the stretch in some key victories for us so I think Thibs will keep riding him when he's on his game. He's shown he has dagger potential that we lack big time on this roster. You need someone to hit those late back breaking 3s like Herro hit against us last game. When he's on he should be out there at the end of the game.

I don't know how Thibs will handle Rose's minutes though because Rose and IQ come in late in the 3rd, then they start the 4th. Thibs has played IQ all the way through to finish a few times where he gets like a 15 min stretch. But no way he's doing that to Rose. Maybe he would give Rose a breather mid way through the 4th and bring him back in or something.

To me it's going to be Rose/Randle/Mitch as every night closers most games at the 1/4/5. Burks/RJ/IQ are gonna get mixed in the 2/3 spots with Bullock sprinkled in here and there.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 02-11-2021 at 05:38 PM.

RJ should be closing games and he pretty much has all year outside of some recent close ones. I get certain situations where we are being zoned and you desperately need a shooter there but 90% of the time he should be closing. IQ isn't an everynight closer to me but he's been huge down the stretch in some key victories for us so I think Thibs will keep riding him when he's on his game. He's shown he has dagger potential that we lack big time on this roster. You need someone to hit those late back breaking 3s like Herro hit against us last game. When he's on he should be out there at the end of the game.

I don't know how Thibs will handle Rose's minutes though because Rose and IQ come in late in the 3rd, then they start the 4th. Thibs has played IQ all the way through to finish a few times where he gets like a 15 min stretch. But no way he's doing that to Rose. Maybe he would give Rose a breather mid way through the 4th and bring him back in or something.

To me it's going to be Rose/Randle/Mitch as every night closers most games at the 1/4/5. Burks/RJ/IQ are gonna get mixed in the 2/3 spots with Bullock sprinkled in here and there.
    How do you feel about that. I donít think IQ has gassed out in the 4th when playing the whole quarter but it is a long run.

I think if he is going to finish often it might make sense to avoid that situation

If we are ever going to be anything, RJ, Mitch, and IQ need to finish games. They should be doing it every night.

How do you feel about that. I donít think IQ has gassed out in the 4th when playing the whole quarter but it is a long run.

I think if he is going to finish often it might make sense to avoid that situation

I would probably bring Rose and IQ in the 3rd when they normally do for 5 mins or so. Let Rose sit for a couple mins to start the 4th while IQ runs PG and let Bullock or some spot minute guy come in. Rose comes back in with 9 mins or so left to finish the game. IQ plays through if the game calls for it - he's a horse.

Rose has got to be on the floor in a close game in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post

You may be right about the picks, but I think the team holds on to them for the off season. Teams get more hungry for picks around the time of the draft and get less enamored with their players and more willing to get rid of one of their rotation pieces. Better trade matches may emerge. Plus Knicks may look to bundle their picks to move up in the draft. I think the front office will be patient and see what they can get unless the right deal comes along. But low cost trades for the Mo Bombas, Reddicks, and that level can be made. Still they can sell their cap space for a high priced veteran in exchange for a pick or a young talent is still possible. Team is overachieving already no one would blame them for standing pat. Losing Mitch for 8 weeks may also give them the chance to tank while giving it their all in games as well.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast