Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: D. Rose Ver 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    You really think he would stay here?
    I think he would, for the right price. But even if he didn't, we could facilitate a sign and trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I think he would, for the right price. But even if he didn't, we could facilitate a sign and trade.
    I think our situation would appeal to him. For one he wouldn't have to move his family. Two he would have a starting role here on an "up and coming" team and get to try and stick it to the Nets 4x a year. I can't really think of a better situation for him that would also get him paid. Seems like the type of attacking guard that Thibs love and seems to have the right attitude to be coached by Thibs.

Dinwiddie - IQ - RJ - Randle - Mitch is nice. Or you let IQ continue his microwave role and draft a SG.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think our situation would appeal to him. For one he wouldn't have to move his family. Two he would have a starting role here on an "up and coming" team and get to try and stick it to the Nets 4x a year. I can't really think of a better situation for him that would also get him paid. Seems like the type of attacking guard that Thibs love and seems to have the right attitude to be coached by Thibs.

Dinwiddie - IQ - RJ - Randle - Mitch is nice. Or you let IQ continue his microwave role and draft a SG.
    I understand the idea but that lineup probably isn't winning anything. Dinwiddie isn't a good shooter. I think we'd be better off signing someone like Gary Trent Jr./Duncan Robinson and then looking anywhere for a legit starting point guard who can shoot (likely through the draft).

I understand the idea but that lineup probably isn't winning anything. Dinwiddie isn't a good shooter. I think we'd be better off signing someone like Gary Trent Jr./Duncan Robinson and then looking anywhere for a legit starting point guard who can shoot (likely through the draft).
    Agree. I donít hate Dinwiddie, but heís best in the same role we are expecting IQ to be

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Agree. Heís still willing to play Payton big minutes at IQs expense, whatís going to happen now with his boy D Rose here. Last 3 games IQ played well below 20 minutes. Thereís zero reason that should be happening at all
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I agree with you but I think at some point we have to accept things and not throw out the baby with the bath water. Peaking order matters to Thibs and until Quickley is promoted to the top he will be used as a backup. I think it is coming and I think it will take a little longer for a rookie that makes rookie mistakes even if he is better. Thatís our coach. I donít think Quickley is going to wind up stuck getting 9 mins a night like Toppin and I hope Thibs knows his time is coming
    First of all, I definitely agree about Thibs. I'm not ready to fire him or do anything crazy because I don't love his rotations. Second of all, I just hope you are right about Quickley. For Knicks fans like myself, it's just so frustrating to see all these young players never minutes on a bad team. The fact that we still have FRANK stans is terrifying. There is a fine line between "earning your minutes" and "being blocked by a vet." Maybe Frank never earned his minutes. However, Quickley already has and this has crossed over into the "being blocked by a vet" territory. He is averaging less minutes than Payton, Rivers, and Bullock and the addition of Rose won't suddenly open up MORE minutes for him. That's what concerns me.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I may be alone in being 100% fine with how Thibs has managed our players and their minutes. Yes it sucks we are giving a lot of minutes to guys who probably won't be here in 2-3 years but I never want to tell a HC to sacrifice his own record for "development" when playing guys too long and having them get demoralized and create losing culture is no guarantee of "developing" the players. I rather they sit, learn how a game is played in crunch time, learn what it feels like to win, and contribute to the winning culture.

I personally don't think any of our young guys are being hurt developmentally under Thibs. Instead they're learning how to play winning basketball. Fitzdale played our young guys a lot and sacrificed winning for it. Those guys didn't get better

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I dislike this trade mainly because they need a PG that can shoot, his contract is expiring and he'll be 33 next season (would re-signing him be a good idea?), and because of Thibs' rotation tendencies.

Let's see how it plays out, but this is the first move they've made that raises my eyebrows in a bad way. Hopefully my initial feelings end up being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I dislike this trade mainly because they need a PG that can shoot, his contract is expiring and he'll be 33 next season (would re-signing him be a good idea?), and because of Thibs' rotation tendencies.

Let's see how it plays out, but this is the first move they've made that raises my eyebrows in a bad way. Hopefully my initial feelings end up being wrong.
    This is like the 5th move that raised my eyebrows so far.

Drafting Obi
    Trading our 2020 2nd round pick for basically nothing
    Signing Payton
    Signing Rivers
    Trading for Rose

Everyone give Team President Leon Rose and his side kick, World Wide Wes a hand! Give a hand to the players. Give yourself a hand for all the support.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post

I really like Dinwiddie. Big fan. The only reservation I have is the he another slasher and is not great shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Drafting Obi
    Signing Payton
    Signing Rivers
    Trading for Rose
    We've been through the Obi pick already, so no need to bring it up. I think they were more than justified to make that pick.

With their 2020 2nd round pick, they just pushed it further down the line. Nothing wrong with that especially since there's a chance that it can be an even better pick and, if all goes well, will come during the double draft and at a time where the Knicks will be in need of cheap labor.

I think their hands were tied with the Payton signing. The well dried up in free agency and it didn't seem like there was a trade to be made.

The Rivers contract is great. Not sure why that's being viewed as a bad thing. He's being played like a 6th man, but he's not that. As he gets pushed further down the rotation, it'll look better. I think it's a good deal for the 8th or 9th man in a rotation.

Trading for Rose is where we agree.

Drafting Obi
    Signing Payton
    Signing Rivers
    Trading for Rose
    This

Not sure what some you guys are watching when yall say the things yall say...smh
    Payton is not the same as D.Rose.
    Rose is a faster, better ball handler, penetrator, distributor and finisher...that already makes him better than Payton. Payton has trouble finishing in the paint in traffic and cannot make a mid-range or 3... D.Rose can at least make mid-range shots with a high consistency than Payton. That will only open the offense more.

Right now defenses are playing zone because they know Payton can't shoot and isn't great finishing in the paint. He's not a zone buster. Derrick Rose CAN break down defenses still at 32 years old. His ability to penetrate and dish is a step up from Payton.

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

Well yea but you still have two lottery picks and plenty of cap space. You could probably get GTJ or DR and Dinwiddie and add two lotto picks.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    We've been through the Obi pick already, so no need to bring it up. I think they were more than justified to make that pick.

With their 2020 2nd round pick, they just pushed it further down the line. Nothing wrong with that especially since there's a chance that it can be an even better pick and, if all goes well, will come during the double draft and at a time where the Knicks will be in need of cheap labor.

I think their hands were tied with the Payton signing. The well dried up in free agency and it didn't seem like there was a trade to be made.

The Rivers contract is great. Not sure why that's being viewed as a bad thing. He's being played like a 6th man, but he's not that. As he gets pushed further down the rotation, it'll look better. I think it's a good deal for the 8th or 9th man in a rotation.

Trading for Rose is where we agree.
    Payton was really bad for RJ last year. And we just seemed to ignore that, and re-signed him anyway.

Regardless of Rivers' contract, there was no room for him in the rotation. We have so many mouths to feed, and it was inevitable that the younger players would be pushed aside, as we're seeing with Knox and Frank.

We're really lucky that IQ popped right away, otherwise the only young guys with legit rotation minutes would be RJ and Mitch.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast