Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: D. Rose Ver 2.0

Its a mid 2nd and pick, who cares, lol....

Well get more of them, it really isn't a big deal at all.

If there's a player the team wants available in the 2nd round so bad they can just trade for him, I dunno when you guys decided 2nd rnd picks were so important but they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The second round pick that the Knicks sent was a 2021 second round pick in a deep draft.

Surprised the Knicks had to give up a pick. Rose and Smith Jr are both UFA at the end of the season.
    only one of them is a useful basketball player though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    only one of them is a useful basketball player though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    After this year DSJ will be spending the next few years fighting for a roster spot, and eventually burn out and be out of the nba.

Hes just not a nba player.

I think, one good thing with Derrick Rose could be picking up the pace and getting some fast break points.

A young man like Obi Toppin would benefit from a point guard who picks up the pace. Toppin loves to run.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    It doesn't even matter if Quickly starts or not this year as long as hes getting his minutes.

TBh, Quickly off the bench makes a ton of sense, its working well for our rotation, if he starts who's gonna score off the bench?

We have no one else.

But him on the court with Rose allows him to learn from Rose exactly what Thibs wants, this should help his development a ton.
    I think it matters because Randle and Payton are a terrible fit this season. How many times have we seen Randle pass to a wide open Payton in the corner only for him to shoot a brick time after time?

Quickley actually plays very well with Randle and the rest of the starters for that matter. Rose and Burks can put up points off the bench, and Obi will play better with an experienced PG setting him up.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I think it matters because Randle and Payton are a terrible fit this season. How many times have we seen Randle pass to a wide open Payton in the corner only for him to shoot a brick time after time?

Quickley actually plays very well with Randle and the rest of the starters for that matter. Rose and Burks can put up points off the bench, and Obi will play better with an experienced PG setting him up.
    Yeah but in crunch time Quickly can still play even if hes not a starter. Which he has many times already.

So who starts shouldn't matter.

If quickly continues to develop and shows thibs hes the future starter of this team, there should be no doubt he will get that shot.

The season is still early, we have the 6th spot right now, Quickly is a rookie, I don't understand why you feel the need to force him to be the starter, it really makes no difference.

What thibs is doing is working on all fronts, you guys are acting like Quickly getting start minutes is the only thing that matters. We have a culture to build, other players to develop, and a playoff push, its not just about one guy.

Yeah but in crunch time Quickly can still play even if hes not a starter. Which he has many times already.

So who starts shouldn't matter.

If quickly continues to develop and shows thibs hes the future starter of this team, there should be no doubt he will get that shot.

The season is still early, we have the 6th spot right now, Quickly is a rookie, I don't understand why you feel the need to force him to be the starter, it really makes no difference.

What thibs is doing is working on all fronts, you guys are acting like Quickly getting start minutes is the only thing that matters. We have a culture to build, other players to develop, and a playoff push, its not just about one guy.
    You can say it shouldn't matter or it doesn't matter whether Quickley starts, but for Thibs, starting clearly matters. He almost always gives his starters an outsized amount of minutes, and turns to them very early in the 2nd and 4th quarters in tight games.

Quickley has only played down the stretch in less than a handful of games where he was going crazy and Payton sucked.

For reference, in the last two games Payton has played double the minutes of Quickley. That's inexcusable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    You can say it shouldn't matter or it doesn't matter whether Quickley starts, but for Thibs, starting clearly matters. He almost always gives his starters an outsized amount of minutes, and turns to them very early in the 2nd and 4th quarters in tight games.

Quickley has only played down the stretch in less than a handful of games where he was going crazy and Payton sucked.

For reference, in the last two games Payton has played double the minutes of Quickley. That's inexcusable.
    The season is still early, you guys have this idea in your head that thibs doesn't like quickly and is stonewalling him for some reason.

Quickly is doing great. Hes a rookie, this staff just started developing him, give them time to teach him the game the right way, so he learns things the right way.

Theres no reason to throw him to wolves right now, absolutely none.

Quickly hasnt played as an on the ball pg in 2 years, yet here he is shining as an on the ball pg, clearly thibs believes in him, give them time to develop him the right way, there's no rush right now.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 02-08-2021 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Clips, Lakers, Nets?
    How bout the Nets give us Dinwiddie (I know he hates the Knicks -let him suffer) and their two 2nd rounders next draft, for Payton and Frank? Nets need defense, we have defensive players to give them.

It doesn't even matter if Quickly starts or not this year as long as hes getting his minutes.

TBh, Quickly off the bench makes a ton of sense, its working well for our rotation, if he starts who's gonna score off the bench?

We have no one else.

But him on the court with Rose allows him to learn from Rose exactly what Thibs wants, this should help his development a ton.
    Thats the problem. People keep saying this and its wrong. He is not getting his minutes off the bench and when Payton plays well 25% of the time he gets buried.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Thats the problem. People keep saying this and its wrong. He is not getting his minutes off the bench and when Payton plays well 25% of the time he gets buried.
    Agree. Heís still willing to play Payton big minutes at IQs expense, whatís going to happen now with his boy D Rose here. Last 3 games IQ played well below 20 minutes. Thereís zero reason that should be happening at all

D. Rose Ver 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I agree with you but I think at some point we have to accept things and not throw out the baby with the bath water. Peaking order matters to Thibs and until Quickley is promoted to the top he will be used as a backup. I think it is coming and I think it will take a little longer for a rookie that makes rookie mistakes even if he is better. Thatís our coach. I donít think Quickley is going to wind up stuck getting 9 mins a night like Toppin and I hope Thibs knows his time is coming
    Last edited by ewing; 02-08-2021 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The season is still early, you guys have this idea in your head that thibs doesn't like quickly and is stonewalling him for some reason.

Quickly is doing great. Hes a rookie, this staff just started developing him, give them time to teach him the game the right way, so he learns things the right way.

Theres no reason to throw him to wolves right now, absolutely none.

Quickly hasnt played as an on the ball pg in 2 years, yet here he is shining as an on the ball pg, clearly thibs believes in him, give them time to develop him the right way, there's no rush right now.
    I agree with this. RJ is a 2nd year player damn near leading the league in mins under Thibs. Thibs loves Quickley, he's not far behind RJ. We are splitting hairs whining about this game or that game when he should have gotten 5-10 more mins than he got. Thibs is coaching him up, and Quickley is shining. The idea that just throwing more mins at guys and letting them make all the mistakes they want is how you develop them is a fallacy. Kevin Knox should have been coached up much tougher his rookie year. He's the prime example of too many mins and too much leniency gone wrong.

Quickley is having a great rookie season and will be a year 2 stud for us next year and everyone here will be complaining that Thibs is running him into the ground when he's averaging 38 mins a game.

Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    How bout the Nets give us Dinwiddie (I know he hates the Knicks -let him suffer) and their two 2nd rounders next draft, for Payton and Frank? Nets need defense, we have defensive players to give them.
    I feel like we can definitely help them with their depth problem and since we are on a little bit of a different timeline than them we can probably stomach helping them for a title run. If they have some 2nds we can probably offer them a couple role players for sure.

The Dinwiddie idea is a good one if he is willing to re-sign here. We basically use Rose this year and bring in Dinwiddie next year.

Payton/Frank/Rivers/Burks/Bullock/Noel are all guys they could use.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I feel like we can definitely help them with their depth problem and since we are on a little bit of a different timeline than them we can probably stomach helping them for a title run. If they have some 2nds we can probably offer them a couple role players for sure.

The Dinwiddie idea is a good one if he is willing to re-sign here. We basically use Rose this year and bring in Dinwiddie next year.

Payton/Frank/Rivers/Burks/Bullock/Noel are all guys they could use.
    You really think he would stay here?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast