Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    the move isnt bad because of what the knicks gave up but because they will now no longer be a lottery team nor a playoff team and will keep randle... could have traded randle at the deadline for alot and got a top 5 pick and would be in a much much much better position then making this trade/keeping randle and losing out on the lottery.
    With the tanking rules & updated lottery odds, the Knicks would be dumb wasting a season just to get another Toppin caliber player all while alienating the fan base further.

The last several free agency periods,players have refused to come because the team hasn't demonstrated they have a capable coaching staff or management. Them continuing to tank does nothing to help in that regard. They're better off just trying to win. If they lose, let them lose naturally, but trading every useful player and tanking no longer works under the restructured odds. Blame Philly.

Pistons deal Rose to Knicks

the move isnt bad because of what the knicks gave up but because they will now no longer be a lottery team nor a playoff team and will keep randle... could have traded randle at the deadline for alot and got a top 5 pick and would be in a much much much better position then making this trade/keeping randle and losing out on the lottery.
    The Knicks have the option of bringing Randle back at 19 million. I donít think there is much chance of him getting dealt right now. Right now they have their and Dallasí unprotected 1st rounders plus the Pistons second. I thought they still had there own 2nd but they donít. I think the team likes the idea of a returning core of Randle, Robinson, Quickley, and Barrett plus the questions marks of Toppin, picks, and cap space

As an aside DSJ is a weird enigma. Not only is he bad he seems to have totally lost that explosive athleticism he entered the league with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 02-08-2021 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

When the Pistons signed Rose I was like wtf, why?

When the nuggets didnít match the offer for Grant I was like wtf why not ?

When they Pistons didnít match the offer for Woods I was like really you get Grant but then let Woods walk? Why?

I guess at this point Detroit has finally decided to rebuild . But then why sign guys like Grant or even Rose in the first place when all indications were to start a rebuild two years ago.

The Pistons are one of the most puzzling franchises in the nba. They seem to do things just for the sake of it with out any direction or goal. If youíre gonna go out and get a guy like Grant, maybe you retain Wood too if youíre trying to compete with guys like Rose and Griffin on your roster. But you let Wood go and replace him with Plubmlee and Okafor? When you could easily match the offer for Wood, Wtf why?

Im done trying to figure out the Pistons. I think they finally realized they need to rebuild. Maybe they realized it like 3 years to late though because now it seems they are stuck with Griffin who is a shell of his former self, and random weird fitting pieces all across the roster.

Also whatever young picks they get in the draft end up sitting on the bench behind usesless vets that are going absolutely no where. I just donít get it. Rant over.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 02-08-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    When the Pistons signed Rose I was like wtf, why?

When the nuggets didnít match the offer for Grant I was like wtf why not ?

When they Pistons didnít match the offer for Woods I was like really you get Grant but then let Woods walk? Why?

I guess at this point Detroit has finally decided to rebuild . But then why sign guys like Grant or even Rose in the first place when all indications were to start a rebuild two years ago.

The Pistons are one of the most puzzling franchises in the nba. They seem to do things just for the sake of it with out any direction or goal. If youíre gonna go out and get a guy like Grant, maybe you retain Wood too if youíre trying to compete with guys like Rose and Griffin on your roster. But you let Wood go and replace him with Plubmlee and Okafor? When you could easily match the offer for Wood, Wtf why?

Im done trying to figure out the Pistons. I think they finally realized they need to rebuild. Maybe they realized it like 3 years to late though because now it seems they are stuck with Griffin who is a shell of his former self, and random weird fitting pieces all across the roster.

Also whatever young picks they get in the draft end up sitting on the bench behind usesless vets that are going absolutely no where. I just donít get it. Rant over.
    It's Weaver's first real shot at running a franchise as the lead man.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    It's Weaver's first real shot at running a franchise as the lead man.
    Might be his last lol

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Well fan votes has Luka in. But a lottery team so far. Lillard is a playoff team. Unless Blazer pass up Warriors soon and he takes Curry's spot? Reason I hate fan voting. Most people had Luka as MVP this year, yet a cellar dweller team.
    Luka was in the talks on the back of his playoff run. Mavs been crushed with covid issues so Iíd wait to see how they do. Either way not the point.

Dame is a great player but the west is no joke and thereís a lot of contenders for just 2 spots. He isnít better than Curry nor will he beat him out in popularity. That leaves 1 spot and a lot of worthy candidates.

Might be his last lol
    Had scratching trades and signings, to be sure. I think he did well at drafting but that's only 1 of many aspects to running an NBA basketball operations

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Rose for Smith Jr and a 2nd isn't terrible at all. DSJ isn't even a rotation player.
    Not a horrible deal, but I'm really hoping they flip Rose into more assets. There's no reason to be playing him in front of Quickley, if that's going to happen. That would be a cliche of Knicks' shortsightedness.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Not a horrible deal, but I'm really hoping they flip Rose into more assets. There's no reason to be playing him in front of Quickley, if that's going to happen. That would be a cliche of Knicks' shortsightedness.
    Rose has been coming off the bench in a 6th man role for a few years now.

If Quickly is the pg of the future, I think the idea is that he has two vets in Rose and Payton backing him up..

Rose gives them an instant spark off the bench as well. Heís more of a score first guard, itís not like theyíre bringing him in to run the offence

Thereís Likely another move the Knicks will make. If I had to guess Iíd say Frank and Knox will be traded also this season.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    With the tanking rules & updated lottery odds, the Knicks would be dumb wasting a season just to get another Toppin caliber player all while alienating the fan base further.

The last several free agency periods,players have refused to come because the team hasn't demonstrated they have a capable coaching staff or management. Them continuing to tank does nothing to help in that regard. They're better off just trying to win. If they lose, let them lose naturally, but trading every useful player and tanking no longer works under the restructured odds. Blame Philly.
    Did they get rid of dolan? Yea i didnt think so. Them losing isnt the main reason why players dont want to go there... its dolan. Its not a wasted season when they are an 8 seed or out of the playoffs all together. Having their own pick in the lottery and having say another first round pick plus more for randle would have been much more ideal and put them in a much better position going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The Knicks have the option of bringing Randle back at 19 million. I donít think there is much chance of him getting dealt right now. Right now they have their and Dallasí unprotected 1st rounders plus the Pistons second. I thought they still had there own 2nd but they donít. I think the team likes the idea of a returning core of Randle, Robinson, Quickley, and Barrett plus the questions marks of Toppin, picks, and cap space

As an aside DSJ is a weird enigma. Not only is he bad he seems to have totally lost that explosive athleticism he entered the league with.

i love randle and have been his biggest supporter for years. He is having a remarkable season and you could honestly steal a ton from someone at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Rose appears to still be on a minutes restriction of sorts. It was reported that his last few teams including New York limit him to about 22 minutes. So I don't think he will start or take minutes. At 6'3" he can play next to Quickly. Rivers is the odd man out along with Payton unless defense becomes a problem.

i love randle and have been his biggest supporter for years. He is having a remarkable season and you could honestly steal a ton from someone at the deadline.
    Randle has been amazing this year. Heís better then I thought he was capable of being and itís every night. Even with that I donít think the Knicks could get a great haul for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Randle has been amazing this year. Heís better then I thought he was capable of being and itís every night. Even with that I donít think the Knicks could get a great haul for him.

No reason to trade him if heís playing at this level

No reason to trade him if heís playing at this level
    disagree... there def is. Just like there is reason to trade siak/Towns/dorezon and the list goes on... if you can barely make the playoffs and you arent pushing out a bunch of young/cheap super upside guys you should trade them and get maximum value and get a better pick to be a top team.. does it promise titles of course not but it puts you in an amazing position and before anyone says but the process... the process was working until we were forced to take on the dumbest GM and then added an even dumber GM because silver.

This isnt about the process but logic. Hell if we dont get far in the playoffs being the 1 seed most sixer fans will want ben gone because we understand if you arent top tier there is no point.... sixers/bucks/celtics/nets/lakers/clippers/nuggets/jazz.... that is it... nobody outside of these teams are making the finals period. Its a top heavy league.

Levine has taken amazing steps forward... what has that gotten the bulls in the win area? If you dont have a lebron/joel/durant/curry/giannis/KL/tatum with brown/jokic and maybe 3 other guys its not going to work unless your team is deep as **** like the jazz and excel defensively like the jazz.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 02-09-2021 at 03:25 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast