Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Pistons deal Rose to Knicks

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...ks-675055.html

Looks like Pistons get Dennis Smith Jr and draft compensation. Guessing a couple 2nd rd picks including getting their pick back from the Knicks. Should be a high 2nd. Makes sense for Pistons. Undecided what I think about this for the Knicks,

RIP to Quickley's playing time, lol

Curious to se the draft compensation. Highly unlikely it would be a first. That was a pipe dream. However, I can see the Pistons getting their 2nd rd pick back as well as another 2nd.

Smith is likely filler but he should get some PT while Hayes is out. At least it is a shot for him to show he is more than filler.

Feel bad for Rose. He deserves to be a backup guy on a contending team.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

What a terrible deal for the Knicks and a miracle for the Pistons.

Wouldn't say horrible as much as I'd say confusing. Outside of Thibideau being a huge Rose guy, not sure if the Knicks think they are legit. What becomes of Quicklys minutes?

From the Pistons perspective, getting (if rumors are true) Charlotte 2nd and Smith seems decent enough. Expected Pistons 2nd coming back but Charlottes isn't bad. Pistons needs to lose so Rose being out of lineup helps that. WHo knows......Smith may play well enough to earn a future role/contract.

Rose for Smith Jr and a 2nd isn't terrible at all. DSJ isn't even a rotation player.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Rose for Smith Jr and a 2nd isn't terrible at all. DSJ isn't even a rotation player.
    Definitely not a horrible deal. Pistons add a 2nd in a deep draft while getting something for a vet who will walk after the year. Knicks get a solid player. Though not sure if the Knicks think they are serious contenders. I don't see it and I think they would have better off keeping the pick.

Smith.....not a fan but he has youth and upside and he should at least get a shot to play right now. If he sucks, then Pistons aren't on the line for him next yr. If he performs, maybe he is a cheap youngster to add to their mix.

To the Piston fans who thought they were going to get a 1st.......wasn't happening. Maybe last year but not this one. Take the deal for what it is.....a fair return for a soon to exit vet.

How? DSJ is in the G-League right now, and he wasnít going to get any playing time this year. Knicks have two firsts next year...

How is this a bad deal?

Pistons deal Rose to Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    What a terrible deal for the Knicks and a miracle for the Pistons.
    Bc they will miss DSJ or what is currently the 41st pick in the draft were they still own multiple 1st and 2nd rounders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 02-07-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by mark1125 View Post
    Wouldn't say horrible as much as I'd say confusing. Outside of Thibideau being a huge Rose guy, not sure if the Knicks think they are legit. What becomes of Quicklys minutes?

From the Pistons perspective, getting (if rumors are true) Charlotte 2nd and Smith seems decent enough. Expected Pistons 2nd coming back but Charlottes isn't bad. Pistons needs to lose so Rose being out of lineup helps that. WHo knows......Smith may play well enough to earn a future role/contract.
    Smith wonít be in the league next year. He has no interest in being an NBA player

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    New York Bulls amirite?
    Not really

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Bc they will miss DSJ or what is currently the 41st pick in the draft were they still own multiple 1st and 2nd rounders?

Because heíll take PT away from Quickley.

I like this trade for the Knicks. The way NYK have been playing they can be an 8th or 7th seed in the East with DRose. They may not be done dealing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast