Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    1) Watson (young)
    2) Z Wilson (potential)
    3) Sam (probably could've been 4 as well)
    4) R Wilson (by the time we build a team he'll most likely be on the downside of his career)
    I agree with the thought process concerning Russell Wilson's age. It makes for a much tighter window than a younger QB. I probably wouldn't do it with a rebuilding team.

It is tempting though and I wonder what it would take to land him.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Holy crap, how about this draft day idea? It would be contingent on no one giving a package to the Texans they wanted.
    Jets trade the number two for 2 firsts and a couple seconds and thirds. That gives them 2 firsts this year and 3 next year. Trade the earlier first this year, a second and third this year (they'd still have at least one of each) and two first next year.

So Jets get Watson for , 3 firsts a second and a third (could throw in Sam or a defensive player if needed) and keep picks in all rounds going forward.

Yes. Highly unlikely but since we have 2+ months till the draft and a 3 weeks till FA, I have thrown the proverbial "box" out the window.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 02-26-2021 at 08:32 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by RGB92 View Post
    My top choices, in order:
    1.) Deshaun
    2.) R. Wilson
    3.) Give Sam another year
    4.) Draft a QB at 2
    1-Watson for the right price
    2- Keep Sam and trade back with the second to get more picks
    3-Draft a QB with the second pick

4 Wilson

Ignorance is bliss

1= Watson

2= Fields

3= Wilson/Lance

4= Wilson

5= Darnold

Sources: Multiple teams reach out to New York Jets about Sam Darnold

I’m worried about Russell Wilson when his athleticism inevitably declines. We’re not a win-now team. I don’t think he makes much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I’m worried about Russell Wilson when his athleticism inevitably declines. We’re not a win-now team. I don’t think he makes much sense.
    He doesn’t want to come here, so nothing to be concerned about
    However, it’ll be great if they stink next year and we get a top 10 pick

If you were either team,
    Watson for Wilson?

Ignorance is bliss

NFL Network’s Kim Jones reported on "NFL Free Agency Frenzy," that there are contrasting views within the Jets organization regarding Darold. The divide is believed to be between Douglas and the coaching staff.

New York’s general manager wants to take a chance on a rookie quarterback and has seen enough of Darnold after three seasons. But Saleh and offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur are more inclined to stick with Darnold, believing that the 23-year-old quarterback wasn’t coached very well and had a poor supporting cast around him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...21/ar-BB1eBXaD

Quote Originally Posted by Daaaarryyl View Post
    NFL Network’s Kim Jones reported on "NFL Free Agency Frenzy," that there are contrasting views within the Jets organization regarding Darold. The divide is believed to be between Douglas and the coaching staff.

New York’s general manager wants to take a chance on a rookie quarterback and has seen enough of Darnold after three seasons. But Saleh and offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur are more inclined to stick with Darnold, believing that the 23-year-old quarterback wasn’t coached very well and had a poor supporting cast around him.

I’m not sold on the rookie class, and honestly I think Darnold is going to be good given a chance. I’m in the minority but I’d like to see Darnold this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Well, if they don't sign a lineman in free agency, they might just decide to keep Darnold and draft Sewell with the 2nd pick.

But Saleh and offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur are more inclined to stick with Darnold, believing that the 23-year-old quarterback wasn’t coached very well

Understatement of the year
    Coaching was horrible

Hahahaha!!! How does Gase get jobs? It's clear he's not liked or seemingly respected by other coaches, not to mention players.
    The interview with Jordan Palmer was telling. He said Gase was the only HC who never once asked what they were working on or how Sam was doing. Gase never showed an interest in what Sam was doing off the field with his personal coach. That was kind of crazy to learn and as mind blowing as it should be, it wasn't a shock.

I am in the minority but I don't have an issue with keeping him. Especially if the new coaches think they can get him on the right track.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I’m not sold on the rookie class, and honestly I think Darnold is going to be good given a chance. I’m in the minority but I’d like to see Darnold this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not sold either and I’m not sure I want to go ruin another young QB with the *** currently constructed awfully offensive line

I just read Darren Orlovsky's 3 team trade involving Da Bears, Seahawks and Jets.
    It's interesting but not well thought out.
    Bears Get wilson
    Jets Get Mack and one of Robinson or Fuller and a second rounder.

Seahawks get Sam and 3 first round picks. One of them is the Jets #2.

To me, the Jets are trading the pick that would replace Darnold. So who would be the Jets QB?

I suppose you could package a first, second and third to move up and take a QB at around 10 and still have another second and third. But it was a strange trade idea

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Hahahaha!!! How does Gase get jobs? It's clear he's not liked or seemingly respected by other coaches, not to mention players.
    The interview with Jordan Palmer was telling. He said Gase was the only HC who never once asked what they were working on or how Sam was doing. Gase never showed an interest in what Sam was doing off the field with his personal coach. That was kind of crazy to learn and as mind blowing as it should be, it wasn't a shock.

I am in the minority but I don't have an issue with keeping him. Especially if the new coaches think they can get him on the right track.
    Gase’s awful coaching could have franchise altering affect. We have absolutely no clue what Darnold is. He could in fact be the awful QB we watched over the last 2 years or he could be that diamond in the rough in need of polishing or simply wiping off the turd stain that is Adam Gase

Palmer certainly seems to go to bat for Darnold frequently, but he could be just supporting his client

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast