Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    What If he rushed 4 games out of 16 for 20+ a carry against crappy teams and the rest for 1 yard a carry? Then it does play a part in analysis.

Do you think he's strong enough to shake off NFL defensive players?
    Are his throws on the move, accurate enough to get by NFL dbs?
    Will he be a good qb in the NFL when the pocket breaks down around him and he's forced to create the way he did at BYU?

I think those are legit questions and have less to do with numbers and more with his physicality and athleticism. Stunna doesn't think it will be an issue.
    I do. I am not the only one who questions this aspect.
    These questions can be applied to ANY of the incoming QBs. We have no idea how they will translate into the NFL. Look at Darnolds class. Very few saw Josh Allen emerging at the top. I honestly have zero preference who the jets should take since they completely ****ed up the 1st overall pick in typical jets fashion. All I do know for certain is that whoever they take, it will be the wrong choice because they're the jets and that's what they do.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by LVC View Post
    These questions can be applied to ANY of the incoming QBs. We have no idea how they will translate into the NFL. Look at Darnolds class. Very few saw Josh Allen emerging at the top. I honestly have zero preference who the jets should take since they completely ****ed up the 1st overall pick in typical jets fashion. All I do know for certain is that whoever they take, it will be the wrong choice because they're the jets and that's what they do.

I agree with everything you've said. And the bolded made me laugh because the pain of the truth.

I will say this, if they draft Wilson very few will say it's the wrong choice. I won't love the choice but I certainly wouldn't say it's a bad choice or wrong by any stretch.

Ignorance is bliss

Game tape tends to always tell the truth.

Fields has great tape that shows how quickly and accurately he processes information under rush from premier athletes.

Interesting that it's Fields and Lance that "can't process information" same as it was for Watkins and Mahomes.
    YET just like Wilson- Trubisky, Rosen and Darnold didn't come with those issues however they are clearly seen on their college game tape.

Fact remains Wilson needs a "clean pocket" to be his best and will struggle if he has to rely on his athleticism against bigger, stronger, faster defenders.

If the Jets draft Wilson they will struggle, hopefully he gets it before we end up drafting another QB in 3-4 years at the top of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by LVC View Post

I think karma needs to go in our favor for once in my effin life !!! I trust Joe D to select the correct QB right now.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post

Fields has great tape that shows how quickly and accurately he processes information under rush from premier athletes.

Interesting that it's Fields and Lance that "can't process information" same as it was for Watkins and Mahomes.
    YET just like Wilson- Trubisky, Rosen and Darnold didn't come with those issues however they are clearly seen on their college game tape.

Fact remains Wilson needs a "clean pocket" to be his best and will struggle if he has to rely on his athleticism against bigger, stronger, faster defenders.

If the Jets draft Wilson they will struggle, hopefully he gets it before we end up drafting another QB in 3-4 years at the top of the draft.
    All I heard in the lance pro day was how good he was and that he was responsible for very pro style calls and protections at the line.

But yeah. I have thought that from the start.
    I don't think TL is a great processor. I haven't seen enough of lance to really say but Fields is legit.

After seeing him today and his after his leadership and toughness in the playoffs, I would much rather him that Wilson

Ignorance is bliss

Sources: Multiple teams reach out to New York Jets about Sam Darnold

How does Fields process quickly when he holds the ball too long and runs into his own sacks? This is the biggest concern with him. Wilson has shown on tape that he can maneuver in the pocket under pressure. He still needs improvement in that area, but itís not a concern right now.

Anyone who completes passes at his % clearly doesn't hold the ball too long.

Wilson can maneuver in the "clean pocket" because he doesn't know real pressure from NFL quality defenders.
    Fields does.

Clemson, Alabama, Michigan and others will be sending their top eligible DL to the draft to hear their names called early in the draft.

I can probably make a legit NFL defensive team from the opposition Fields has faced (not to memtion the guys he's practiced against too).

Anyone who completes passes at his % clearly doesn't hold the ball too long.

Wilson can maneuver in the "clean pocket" because he doesn't know real pressure from NFL quality defenders.
    Fields does.

Clemson, Alabama, Michigan and others will be sending their top eligible DL to the draft to hear their names called early in the draft.

I can probably make a legit NFL defensive team from the opposition Fields has faced (not to memtion the guys he's practiced against too).
    A sack isnít an incompletion...

Fields has faced better competition, but itís still college. The NFL is a different beast regardless. How will Fields react when he doesnít have a stacked roster around him like he did in Ohio State?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    A sack isnít an incompletion...

Fields has faced better competition, but itís still college. The NFL is a different beast regardless. How will Fields react when he doesnít have a stacked roster around him like he did in Ohio State?
    Fields doesn't come with those concerns, Wilson does.

Put me down in the I like them both category. Both had impressive pro days. Take one or the other or trade down to 4, if possible, and take Lance. Even Justin Fields himself says that Wilson is a tremendous QB and the two of them train together and are highly competitive, so he respects Wilson. However, when asked about Mac Jones being taken ahead of him, he said, if that happens, then he hopes he gets to play against that team, because I'm the best QB in the draft. So, Fields is very confident, a tremendous physical specimen and would be a great choice, but so would Wilson. The NFL Network said that Fields had an outstanding pro day and may have narrowed the gap between him and Zack Wilson, but that Wilson was still a bit better. At this point the only thing that matters is what Douglas thinks.

Also, interesting to see Urban Meyer at the pro day to support his player(s). Wonder whether there is any chance that he would want Fields, but has no way out of drafting Lawrence. What if on draft day, he speaks to Douglas and is willing to trade the #1 overall for two #1s, just to guarantee that he gets him. We'd have to do it. ...or what if he waits until someone else drafts Fields, like Atlanta at #4 and gets an even bigger package.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112