Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Sources: Multiple teams reach out to New York Jets about Sam Darnold

Quarterback trade talks across the league already have heated up, and multiple teams have reached out to the New York Jets to express interest in trading for Sam Darnold, the No. 3 overall pick in 2018, per league sources.

The Jets haven't turned away the calls, sources said, but they also haven't made any firm decisions about their future at quarterback.

They could trade Darnold, 23, use the compensation they get back in return for another quarterback, or draft a quarterback with the second overall pick. All options are being explored and are on the table, per one league source.

Contacted Saturday, the Jets would not confirm they received any trade calls on Darnold.

Looking back to the first quarterback trade agreement last weekend should provide a glimpse at the potential market for Darnold.

Teams who made calls on Matthew Stafford, who was traded from the Detroit Lions to the Los Angeles Rams last weekend, included the Washington Football Team, the Indianapolis Colts, the Carolina Panthers, the San Francisco 49ers, the Chicago Bears and others.

The Jets aren't ready to make a trade yet, but with Stafford off to Los Angeles and the Eagles nearing a deal for Carson Wentz, they're not expected to be far behind in making a quarterback decision that will have leaguewide ramifications.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ts-sam-darnold

More ammo for Watson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

I wonder who else said this over a month ago........

Article I was reading said the Panthers offered the #8 pick and Bridgewater for Stafford. Thatís insane
    Another article said Wentz will likely we traded in a few days, rumor is 2 first round picks. Thatís insane

If those guys drew those type of returns, I canít imagine what Watson will require.
    Not sure what Sam would bring, but I canít imagine itíd be too far from Wentz

Watching the Super Bowl, I couldnít help but think the Chiefs look like the Jets
    Poor Mahomes was being attacked all game

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Watching the Super Bowl, I couldnít help but think the Chiefs look like the Jets
    Mahomes looked a bit like Darnold lol

Tampaís D is absolutely relentless.

It just goes to show that no matter how great a QB you have, it is tough to play when your Offensive Line is outclassed by the other team's defensive line. One of the top problems for the Chiefs was that (I believe) they lost their LT in the Buffalo game and had to move their RT to LT, move an IOL to RT and start a reserve on the IOL, which meant 3 players had to adjust to new roles. It also didn't help when you had at least two dropped balls by your WRs or when your team defense couldn't get off the field and kept committing penalties.

Dare I say it. SOC (Same old Chiefs) - LOL.

Houston just fired the equipment manager who was a close friend of Watson. Let's hire him on the Jets.

Even if Watson is a top 5 QB (IMO he is not) I donít think itís the right move to trade everything for him. We donít have a lot of talent, we need talent period. I would much rather draft a QB at this point and pray he is a franchise guy. I also wouldnít mind keeping Darnold and letting our draft pick sit. Darnoldís value now canít be any lower, who knows maybe he has a bounce back season and we trade him for a better package. Or maybe he shows he is far better than the guy we drafted (how would we really know until they both put them in practice with the team?)

Sources: Multiple teams reach out to New York Jets about Sam Darnold

Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    Even if Watson is a top 5 QB (IMO he is not) I donít think itís the right move to trade everything for him. We donít have a lot of talent, we need talent period. I would much rather draft a QB at this point and pray he is a franchise guy. I also wouldnít mind keeping Darnold and letting our draft pick sit. Darnoldís value now canít be any lower, who knows maybe he has a bounce back season and we trade him for a better package. Or maybe he shows he is far better than the guy we drafted (how would we really know until they both put them in practice with the team?)
    Who is your Top 5? Itís Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, and then Watson IMO. Heís ahead of Allen, Wilson, Dak, Tannehill, and Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Who is your Top 5? Itís Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, and then Watson IMO. Heís ahead of Allen, Wilson, Dak, Tannehill, and Murray.
    Wilson is ahead of him.
    Cumulatively, he's accomplished more.

I guess the better question is, name 5 QBs you would start your franchise with?
    Age obviously plays a huge factor here and I believe Watson is easily in the top 5

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Wilson is ahead of him.
    Cumulatively, he's accomplished more.
    Thatís fair.

Iíd still have Watson 5th though after Wilson.

I guess the better question is, name 5 QBs you would start your franchise with?
    Age obviously plays a huge factor here and I believe Watson is easily in the top 5
    Yeah in this case heís probably Top 3. Not sure Iíd take any other QB other than Mahomes over him tbh.

Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Mahomes looked a bit like Darnold lol

Tampaís D is absolutely relentless.
    I guess what Mahomes looked like in the Super Bowl and Josh Allen in the AFC title game must mean that they both suck because no matter how bad your offensive line, a QB should still play like a stud. And they looked like crap even tho' they had good coaches and excellent skill players around them, go figure.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast