Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Megatron Part of the 2021 Hall Of Fame Class!

Calvin Johnson is now a member of the 2021 Pro Football Hall of Fame class.
    Anyone known as Megatron during his playing career was bound for glory.
    via Chris Mortensen and many others

Hell yes!

I'm surprised he was a first ballot HOF but certainly am glad to see it!

Megatron First Ballot Hall of Famet

Charles Woodson, Calvin Johnson elected to Pro Football Hall of Fame

8:24 PM ET

[https://a]

Jeff LegwoldESPN Senior Writer

Nine-time Pro Bowl defensive back Charles Woodson and standout*Detroit Lions*wide receiver Calvin Johnson were elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday in their first year of eligibility.
    Joining them in the Class of 2021 as a member of the coach category will be former Raiders and*Seattle Seahawks*coach Tom Flores, a source told ESPN's Paul Gutierrez.
    The league's Defensive Player of the Year in 2009, Woodson was a nine-time Pro Bowl selection and finished his 18-year career tied for fifth in interceptions, with Ken Riley, with 65.
    He led the league in interceptions with nine for the Packers in 2009, and earned a Super Bowl ring with Green Bay the following
    The cornerback-turned-safety also forced 33 fumbles in his career, recorded 20 sacks and had three 90-tackle seasons, including 113 tackles with the Raiders at age 38.
    Johnson played nine seasons for the Lions before abruptly retiring following the 2015 season, when he had 88 catches for 1,214 yards and nine touchdowns. He recorded five 1,200-yard receiving seasons and ranks 31st in career receiving yards.
    Because of the Lions' struggles -- something he later said contributed to his retirement -- Johnson played in only two postseasons. He finished with 211 receiving yards and two touchdowns in his first postseason appearance, a 45-28 loss to the*New Orleans Saints*in the NFC wild-card round that followed the 2011 season.
    Flores won Super Bowl rings as a player, assistant coach and head coach to go with an AFL championship as a player.
    Flores and Hall of Famer Mike Ditka are the only people in NFL history who have been Super Bowl winners as players, assistant coaches and head coaches. His nine seasons as Raiders coach included two Super Bowl victories, an 8-3 postseason record and a playoff winning percentage of .727, which ranks behind only Vince Lombardi.
    The Class of 2021, which is currently being unveiled on CBS, was chosen Jan. 19 by the Hall's board of selectors during a virtual meeting. The new Hall of Famers will be enshrined during a multiday event Aug. 5-9 in Canton. The extended enshrinement weekend will also include ceremonies for the Hall's Class of 2020, as well and the Centennial class of Hall of Famers selected as part of the league's 100th anniversary. Both were canceled last year because of COVID-19 restrictions.
    The Hall's Class of 2020 includes Steve Atwater, Isaac Bruce, Steve Hutchinson, Edgerrin James and Troy Polamalu. The Centennial class includes Harold Carmichael, Jim Covert, Bill Cowher, Bobby Dillon, Cliff Harris, Winston Hill, Jimmy Johnson, Alex Karras, Steve Sabol, Donnie Shell, Duke Slater, Mac Speedie, Ed Sprinkle, Paul Tagliabue and George Young.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

I just posted a thread about it....you beat me to the punch

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!

Yeah this is a shock I know he was a great and defenses had to account for him with triple coverage but the short career I thought he wouldn't be in on the first go around they usually save that for the best of the best that played for more than decade.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Lions Hall Of Famers drafted:

Matt Millen-1
    Bob Quinn-0

I make that joke in jest of course.

I'm shocked that he got in. Extremely happy as I think he was dominate while playing, just didn't think the process was going to be on his side.

I wonder what is going through the Lions' organization right now.

This is awesome for Megatron. Can we assume that things will be remedied between The lions & him so he can be recognized at a lions game in the circle of honor?
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    This is awesome for Megatron. Can we assume that things will be remedied between The lions & him so he can be recognized at a lions game in the circle of honor?
    I would hope so don't need a pissed off megatron speaking at the hall of fame.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    It was reported he and Sheila Ford had a nice conversation so here's hoping they are moving forwards towards repairing the relationship.

count me as kinda surprised

absolute stud with short resume

maybe a shot at TO?

I'm honestly surprised he was a 1st ballot guy. Figured he was going to make it, but not till like his 3rd or 4th time on the ballot.

Also, can't believe it's already been 5 years since he retired.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    It was reported he and Sheila Ford had a nice conversation so here's hoping they are moving forwards towards repairing the relationship.
    Yea I hope so too.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings

great news for Megatron and I personally think it's deserved. He had a peak that was just as high as the best WRs ever. Congrats!!

I know Calvin couldn't make the Super Bowl but it's good knowing he's usually Super Blowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    I know Calvin couldn't make the Super Bowl but it's good knowing he's usually Super Blowed!
    he did it better than Rogers

too soon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast