Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Hopefully they open up by like July.

I usually can never go to the games or even watch on tv in April/May because of work but should have time after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Hopefully they open up by like July.

I usually can never go to the games or even watch on tv in April/May because of work but should have time after the fact.
    highly doubt it, not to get too political but Ford and company have dug themselves a big hole and will have a hard time getting out. Rolling lockdowns for the balance of 2021. Hope I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    highly doubt it, not to get too political but Ford and company have dug themselves a big hole and will have a hard time getting out. Rolling lockdowns for the balance of 2021. Hope I'm wrong
    Can anyone explain to me what the exit strategy is?
    Are we waiting until 50% of the population is vaccinated? Where is the Mendoza line? Like we arenít going to eliminate covid. Itís a part of human life now just like the cold or flu.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Are we waiting until 50% of the population is vaccinated? Where is the Mendoza line? Like we arenít going to eliminate covid. Itís a part of human life now just like the cold or flu.
    For it to properly work you would need at least 75% of the pop vaccinated, and probably need people to take the vaccines at a later day, like a booster shot or the flu shot.

The way it's going and mutating, it looks like it will be around like a flu season (minus the season being all year round) for awhile. Unless we get vaccinated (globally) in a high percentage, we keep open the possibility that Covid can mutate to a strand that is vaccine resistant which would decimate some of our vulnerable population.

I do think you are right. Just sucks that we would lose 2 seasons of sports in Toronto because of the pandemic.

Would also help having them here. We can cash in on the hype and generate gate revenue that we need to reinvest in the payroll.

Couldnít agree more. Where is the strategy for this being endemic? At first I thought we were doing well. But many countries will be vaccinated and opening up months before we will.

Herd immunity is 70-75% of the population. Can't see that happening in 2021.

It sucks, but I wouldn't plan on games in Toronto. They will play in Buffalo after those first 2 homestands in Dunedin is my prediction. They had a definite advantage there last year, and most of their lineup performed like all-stars there. Guys like Vladdy (.323/.380 /.566), Rowdy ( .348/.375/.761) and Jansen (.255/.369/.527) were all foolish "at home" last year. Looking at the team numbers, the advantage was def real....

As a team in 2020:

Home: .276/.345/.478
    Away: .239/.309/.412

As a team in 2019:

Home: .230/.300/.438
    Away: .243/.310/.419

Anthony Kay takes the mound today vs the Yankees.

TOR: SNET NYY: YES

Starting Lineup

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Couldnít agree more. Where is the strategy for this being endemic? At first I thought we were doing well. But many countries will be vaccinated and opening up months before we will.
    Honestly though... we arenít going to vaccinate 75% of the world. Itís impossible. I donít even think we can manufacture that many vaccinations in the next 5 years. Isnít that over 5billion vaccinations?

We should be vaccinating the at-risk, and then voluntary for everyone else and call it a day. Like we do with the flu.

Anthony Kay takes the mound today vs the Yankees.

TOR: SNET NYY: YES

Starting Lineup
    They played pretty well. Was impressed with Davis' speed and bat. Hope he's our 5th OF if he is out of options. Semien also looked pretty good as a first impression.

Also can we DFA Wags already?

Honestly though... we arenít going to vaccinate 75% of the world. Itís impossible. I donít even think we can manufacture that many vaccinations in the next 5 years. Isnít that over 5billion vaccinations?

We should be vaccinating the at-risk, and then voluntary for everyone else and call it a day. Like we do with the flu.
    Very short sighted. The major issue now is those at risk and spreading variants. Tomorrow it could be a mutation that includes strains that could be deadlier and or vaccine resistant. That could create a whole new definition of at-risk. The only way to truly get back to normal is to vaccinate all (or as many as possible) and stop the rate of transmission, which will help those at risk today but more importantly, slow and or stop the virus mutations at the rate it is going, which is the more alarming understated fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    They played pretty well. Was impressed with Davis' speed and bat. Hope he's our 5th OF if he is out of options. Semien also looked pretty good as a first impression.

Also can we DFA Wags already?
    I came away with similar impressions. Davis looks hungry, Semien looks ready to go - love his swing, and yea we don't need Wags.

Kay looked good as well.

I came away with similar impressions. Davis looks hungry, Semien looks ready to go - love his swing, and yea we don't need Wags.

Kay looked good as well.
    Kay was pretty impressive, forgot about him due to Wags coming in. Also Tellez looked like his pre rolling his knee on the bag self.

Was hoping when we picked up Bergen, we were going to DFA Wags right after. I feel Wags cane have a Leake like career if he goes to the right team (one that plays in a pitchers park with a good OF D and or in the NL without a DH) just not on this roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Kay was pretty impressive, forgot about him due to Wags coming in. Also Tellez looked like his pre rolling his knee on the bag self.

Was hoping when we picked up Bergen, we were going to DFA Wags right after. I feel Wags cane have a Leake like career if he goes to the right team (one that plays in a pitchers park with a good OF D and or in the NL without a DH) just not on this roster.
    Kay was very good, Semien, Tellez, Biggio, Bichette with two walks, LGL and VGJ all looked pretty good I thought. Warmouth 2/2 with a hr was nice to see.

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast