Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I often think the same. But imagine all the downvotes id get hahaha....

I think it would turn this place into a circle jerk too. Those upvote/downvotes make people hesitant to share a controversial opinion.
    It can be implemented with upvotes only - I've seen it on other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Speak for yourself. All aboard the star Kirk, make Pearson a closer and bat Springer 3rd train.
    2/3 are just premature. 1 is an obvious move to me

Sign Walker already. 2/20

Speak for yourself. All aboard the star Kirk, make Pearson a closer and bat Springer 3rd train.
    These are your controversial posts?

I think most replies to these hot takes are: “yes, if _______”.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Sign Walker already. 2/20
    I would doubt we have that type of money left.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I would doubt we have that type of money left.
    I hope we do. Especially at the tdl.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I think you're being a little closed minded. These kids can play their way onto the roster outright. We have not seen what their development was like last year. For all we know more than one of these kids could have made the jump all the way to AAA last year. Obviously injuries and under performance can happen to free up the spot as already discussed. I've just heard way too many people say that this kid or that kid won't play in the show this year. We far too much talent in our farm to dismiss the notion that a couple of them could be on the roster by the year's end (Austin Martin I'm looking at you). I also think that given the pedigree of some of the kids, they will leapfrog other people in the system so some of the other internal options are moot.
    If kids other than Kirk get any playing time in the MLB this season, something has gone horribly wrong. For a SWR, Monoah, a boatload of 4/5 pitchers (Roark, Stripling, Kay, Hatch, Merryweather, Ray, Pearson, Chatwood, and even Wags) have either been injured and under-preformed, which means our record is below .500.

For Groshans or Martin to come up, we have lost Cavan, Bo and Siemens. Even in a small sample size, I don't feel Groshans or Martin put up the D and O numbers of those 3. Also there is no reason to start their arb and FA clock on a sub .500 season.

Neither developmentally, financially or long term is it in the Jays best interests to bring a Groshans, Martin, SWR or Monoah unless it's to showcase them for a big trade.

These are your controversial posts?

I think most replies to these hot takes are: “yes, if _______”.
    Usually when there's an if it means you disagree with what's being said. So yeah...

It's totally fine if you disagree. I'm just pointing out how I already do the very thing you say people are afraid to do. I also happen to be the poster who gets attacked quite often for not only sharing my points of view but defending them as well.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    2/3 are just premature. 1 is an obvious move to me
    I think Kirk has a legit shot to take the starting job in ST. Pearson will most likely start the year in the rotation but I can only hope he gets moved to the pen for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I think you're being a little closed minded. These kids can play their way onto the roster outright. We have not seen what their development was like last year. For all we know more than one of these kids could have made the jump all the way to AAA last year. Obviously injuries and under performance can happen to free up the spot as already discussed. I've just heard way too many people say that this kid or that kid won't play in the show this year. We far too much talent in our farm to dismiss the notion that a couple of them could be on the roster by the year's end (Austin Martin I'm looking at you). I also think that given the pedigree of some of the kids, they will leapfrog other people in the system so some of the other internal options are moot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    If kids other than Kirk get any playing time in the MLB this season, something has gone horribly wrong. For a SWR, Monoah, a boatload of 4/5 pitchers (Roark, Stripling, Kay, Hatch, Merryweather, Ray, Pearson, Chatwood, and even Wags) have either been injured and under-preformed, which means our record is below .500.

For Groshans or Martin to come up, we have lost Cavan, Bo and Siemens. Even in a small sample size, I don't feel Groshans or Martin put up the D and O numbers of those 3. Also there is no reason to start their arb and FA clock on a sub .500 season.

Neither developmentally, financially or long term is it in the Jays best interests to bring a Groshans, Martin, SWR or Monoah unless it's to showcase them for a big trade.
    I think Chaotic summed it up perfectly.😉

Everyone wants to see SWR and Manoah, but the specs to watch for this year are still guys like Pearson, Kay, Hatch and Merryweather. Just as starters instead of relievers.

I give it 3 weeks before everyone joins me on the start Kirk train.

He looks good. I still prefer him to start in AAA since I generally like prospects to get a full season in AAA before being called up. But if we need his bat (ie Jannsen is doing bad and the rest of the lineup isnt producing, then I can get around to bringing him up).

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    He looks good. I still prefer him to start in AAA since I generally like prospects to get a full season in AAA before being called up. But if we need his bat (ie Jannsen is doing bad and the rest of the lineup isnt producing, then I can get around to bringing him up).
    Same. I can see a mid season call up if he continues to improve the Catching part of his game. Having him in a 70-30 or lower split with Jansen wouldn't help his development. Anything like a 50-50 split, wouldn't help our rotation get comfortable with the game calling.

It's not just about him coming up and hitting .300. It's also about him being a good game caller, at least ave at pitch framing and blocking, while also keeping SB runners honest. For me, in his 9 game sample size, his bat didn't outweigh his C abilities right now. Keep in mind Catchers usually hit their prime mid-late 20s. He's got a lot of time to develop for us.

Usually when there's an if it means you disagree with what's being said. So yeah...

It's totally fine if you disagree. I'm just pointing out how I already do the very thing you say people are afraid to do. I also happen to be the poster who gets attacked quite often for not only sharing my points of view but defending them as well.
    Lol Reed crying victim now. Pretty ironic for the biggest bully on the forum.

But no you misread my post then. I’m saying if there was upvotes/downvotes people would be less likely to make controversial posts. Like you and I both share our controversial opinions, but if there was upvotes and downvotes perhaps we would be more hesitant.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast