Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Groshans and Martin invited to ST.
    SWR, Kloff and Manoah too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    SWR, Kloff and Manoah too.
    I think theyíre all so easily forgotten. Since we didnít see them last year. I think the depth these kids are going to provide is really going to help us make a push this year.

Im curious where those 3 start the season. I can't see any of them sniffing the majors this year. Rosters aren't blowing up in Sept anymore, and none are on the 40 man yet.

There will be plenty of depth though with guys like Hatch, Kay, Zeuch, Merryweather, Murphy all in AAA to start the season....and on the 40 man.

I hope they dont make the roster. That would feel like a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Im curious where those 3 start the season. I can't see any of them sniffing the majors this year. Rosters aren't blowing up in Sept anymore, and none are on the 40 man yet.

There will be plenty of depth though with guys like Hatch, Kay, Zeuch, Merryweather, Murphy all in AAA to start the season....and on the 40 man.
    All SWR needs to do is prove he's durable. He can already throw 4 pitches for strikes, has a decent change up and can touch 95mph. It's not even an injury thing. He just hasn't pitched more than 4 or 5 innings in a game. Ever.

All SWR needs to do is prove he's durable. He can already throw 4 pitches for strikes, has a decent change up and can touch 95mph. It's not even an injury thing. He just hasn't pitched more than 4 or 5 innings in a game. Ever.
    I think montoyo would feel comfortable with those inning limits.

Injuries, underperformances and the kids forcing their way. Lots of ways for them to get to the show this year. Even if it's just for small stints.

It's great to have a deep 40 man roster and a ton of talent on the farm.

I think theyíre all so easily forgotten. Since we didnít see them last year. I think the depth these kids are going to provide is really going to help us make a push this year.
    Iíve been glued to as much info on SWR as I can get since 2019. I admit prior to that article about Kloff I had almost forgotten about him.

Iíve been glued to as much info on SWR as I can get since 2019. I admit prior to that article about Kloff I had almost forgotten about him.
    To me kloff is like groshans where we donít know enough about him. Just vague scouting reports that also seem to agree that we need to see more of them.
    ST will be the best update weíve gotten on them in years.

Injuries, underperformances and the kids forcing their way. Lots of ways for them to get to the show this year. Even if it's just for small stints.
    It's always "possible" but you do realize they have to go through a heck of a lot of internal options (who are already on the 40 man) before they get to those kids. All 3 are starters, so they aren't coming up mid season to pitch in the bullpen. Combine that with the usual audition given to most in Sept being taken away, and not only do they need to make the 40 man, but they need to make the top 28 to get an opportunity to even throw out of the pen in September now.

Again, not saying it is impossible, just not very plausible for any of those arms that have never pitched above A ball in a real game to make it this season. SWR has the best shot, as he likely starts a level above the other 2, but he will be hard pressed to crack the rotation this year with guys like Hatch, Kay, Merryweather and Zeuch all likely starting the season in AAA.

It could happen, but I hope not as that means they either all really sucked or they got devoured by the injury bug..

It's always "possible" but you do realize they have to go through a heck of a lot of internal options (who are already on the 40 man) before they get to those kids. All 3 are starters, so they aren't coming up mid season to pitch in the bullpen. Combine that with the usual audition given to most in Sept being taken away, and not only do they need to make the 40 man, but they need to make the top 28 to get an opportunity to even throw out of the pen in September now.

Again, not saying it is impossible, just not very plausible for any of those arms that have never pitched above A ball in a real game to make it this season. SWR has the best shot, as he likely starts a level above the other 2, but he will be hard pressed to crack the rotation this year with guys like Hatch, Kay, Merryweather and Zeuch all likely starting the season in AAA.

It could happen, but I hope not as that means they either all really sucked or they got devoured by the injury bug..
    If only there was an upvote button.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    If only there was an upvote button.
    I often think the same. But imagine all the downvotes id get hahaha....

I think it would turn this place into a circle jerk too. Those upvote/downvotes make people hesitant to share a controversial opinion.

I think you're being a little closed minded. These kids can play their way onto the roster outright. We have not seen what their development was like last year. For all we know more than one of these kids could have made the jump all the way to AAA last year. Obviously injuries and under performance can happen to free up the spot as already discussed. I've just heard way too many people say that this kid or that kid won't play in the show this year. We far too much talent in our farm to dismiss the notion that a couple of them could be on the roster by the year's end (Austin Martin I'm looking at you). I also think that given the pedigree of some of the kids, they will leapfrog other people in the system so some of the other internal options are moot.

I often think the same. But imagine all the downvotes id get hahaha....

I think it would turn this place into a circle jerk too. Those upvote/downvotes make people hesitant to share a controversial opinion.
    Speak for yourself. All aboard the star Kirk, make Pearson a closer and bat Springer 3rd train.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 02-16-2021 at 06:24 PM.

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast