Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Interesting stat, Jays are the era leaders through Spring training at 3.10, Yankees next at 3.40, Mets at 3.44. Hopefully the trend continues into the regular season. We have 23 pitchers, (not including Yates), with an era of 2.25 or less. Some are very sss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    Interesting stat, Jays are the era leaders through Spring training at 3.10, Yankees next at 3.40, Mets at 3.44. Hopefully the trend continues into the regular season. We have 23 pitchers, (not including Yates), with an era of 2.25 or less. Some are very sss.
    Wouldn’t that be a record for any team in the regular season? I don’t expect that to continue personally. We would need career years from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Wouldn’t that be a record for any team in the regular season? I don’t expect that to continue personally. We would need career years from everyone.
    Agree, but it's an encouraging trend.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/video/a...catching-spot/

Damn, clearly the people at Sportsnet are out of their minds considering how Kirk still needs to learn how to play his own position. Count Roark, Ray and Montoyo into that bunch as well what with all their positive endorsements of him.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Lol I remember Buck had a similar comment about Kirk too last year.

Something along the lines of "I see the scouting reports say he needs to work on his game calling but I saw him in ST and physically, he can catch".

No **** he can probably catch a ball
    How convenient, you're claiming that Buck agrees with what you've been saying yet have no actual proof of him saying that. I guess I'll take your word for it

At least Reed is over his trolling phase /s

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/video/a...catching-spot/

Damn, clearly the people at Sportsnet are out of their minds considering how Kirk still needs to learn how to play his own position. Count Roark, Ray and Montoyo into that bunch as well what with all their positive endorsements of him.
    Interesting, they didn't spend much time comparing Cs based on calling the game, pitch framing, defending just on who can hit better. Only mention, was Kirk and Ray being a tandem in ST. Even the homer broadcasters aren't mentioning his game calling, saying he might take over Jansen based on "who gets more hits".

Kirk's bat is good and probably MLB ready (over the course of a full season), no one here has said otherwise. We have questioned whether a 22 year old is ready to play the most demanding position in baseball on a team that is ready to contend for a 5/15 spot playoff team.

Let me know how many playoff teams in the past 20 years have had 22 year old rookie catcher anchoring them. Of those, if any, how many made it to WS?

Can he break the mold? You seem to think so. Others, like myself, would feel more comfortable for the team, and him, if he gets seasoned until June or July (or unless injuries happen) to fine tune his craft. He essentially hasn't played more than 9 games past A ball.

How convenient, you're claiming that Buck agrees with what you've been saying yet have no actual proof of him saying that. I guess I'll take your word for it
    You don't have to take my word for it. He's played 9 games plus the 5-6 times they mentioned him on the taxi squad. You can watch those 15 games x 3 hours yourself. You may have more time these days than I do.

Fwiw, I said I wanted Kirk to go into AAA since I like all my prospects to get a years worth of AAA, not because I singled out his defense (Im sure his entire game offense and defense will bemefit being in the minors). Nice try.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 03-25-2021 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    So many are so bad. I agree with you. Buck and Tabby do say some captain obvious things, but I've grown to love them especially after listening more to some of the other guys. Remember when we had a thread dedicated to the things they said? Haha.
    I remember he said something like "stay up, stay hard, stay in!" Or something along those lines

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Interesting, they didn't spend much time comparing Cs based on calling the game, pitch framing, defending just on who can hit better. Only mention, was Kirk and Ray being a tandem in ST. Even the homer broadcasters aren't mentioning his game calling, saying he might take over Jansen based on "who gets more hits".

Kirk's bat is good and probably MLB ready (over the course of a full season), no one here has said otherwise. We have questioned whether a 22 year old is ready to play the most demanding position in baseball on a team that is ready to contend for a 5/15 spot playoff team.

Let me know how many playoff teams in the past 20 years have had 22 year old rookie catcher anchoring them. Of those, if any, how many made it to WS?

Can he break the mold? You seem to think so. Others, like myself, would feel more comfortable for the team, and him, if he gets seasoned until June or July (or unless injuries happen) to fine tune his craft. He essentially hasn't played more than 9 games past A ball.
    You don't have to take my word for it. He's played 9 games plus the 5-6 times they mentioned him on the taxi squad. You can watch those 15 games x 3 hours yourself. You may have more time these days than I do.

Fwiw, I said I wanted Kirk to go into AAA since I like all my prospects to get a years worth of AAA, not because I singled out his defense (Im sure his entire game offense and defense will bemefit being in the minors). Nice try.
    I love how hard it is for posters on here to admit that I'm right and they were wrong. It's the best.

I love how hard it is for posters on here to admit that I'm right and they were wrong. It's the best.
    So Im confused. Are you trolling or are you being genuine? What did I say (that Buck made the claim "Alejandro can catch") that was wrong?

So Im confused. Are you trolling or are you being genuine? What did I say (that Buck made the claim "Alejandro can catch") that was wrong?
    It isn't trolling if it's the truth. Not gonna play your little gaslighting game anymore dude. I'm back and just calling out all the ******** instead of engaging it anymore. I'm gonna have a great time watching Kirk win the starting gig after pretty much everyone of you ignored all the info I was posting about him over the last 2 years. You have an exceptionally hard time being wrong about things on an internet sports forum lol. You were even to scared to tell me your username on ****** so you had to make up some "elaborate" lie lol.

It isn't trolling if it's the truth. Not gonna play your little gaslighting game anymore dude. I'm back and just calling out all the ******** instead of engaging it anymore. I'm gonna have a great time watching Kirk win the starting gig after pretty much everyone of you ignored all the info I was posting about him over the last 2 years. You have an exceptionally hard time being wrong about things on an internet sports forum lol. You were even to scared to tell me your username on ****** so you had to make up some "elaborate" lie lol.
    Still paranoid... building narratives for other people to justify your trolling.

If Kirk does well, I would be happy.

No offense but the daddy issues is getting old. If you dont believe me about anything, you dont have to. You want to see where Buck said what he said, go watch the games. You dont believe the story about why I chose my name, go read the thread I responded to years ago as to why posters joined PSD explaining I took over my friends accounts.

Regardless of whether you believe me or not, try to be a decent person and actually not be a dick.

I feel you are missing the point of the argument. It's not about being "right or wrong", which you seem to be seeking and forcing validation for. It's about personal opinions regarding the readiness of a player at 22 to be a regular at the most demanding position in baseball with 5 games of experience, all while trying to have a team earn a baseball spot.

Many feel he needs regular games at AAA as opposed to being on our bench 1 every 5 games to improve on his catching abilities (myself included). You feel otherwise and that is fine. No one is belittling you for saying that. We do not always need to agree on the development of players. None of us are GMs or in charge of the Jays player development policies. My views are guided in history where I cannot recall one 22 year old starting catcher on a playoff team. Much like Vladdy in previous seasons, his weight will be an issue as the season progresses. Will you be right if he struggles with weight, becomes injured, lacks mobility or his bat falters July-Sept?

Lastly, keep in mind the season hasn't even started. Kirk hasn't had one meaningful AB in 2021 or caught one regular season inning and you're anointing yourself "right" all while trying to gaslight other's views.

Do you not see a problem with this?

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast